Band recording an EP

>Band recording an EP
>Seven hours of work and we got practically jack shit done
>smoked a couple cigarettes to take off the stress
>later took shrooms with my buds
>smoked a cigarette
>there was never a better or more relaxing moment in my life than that one, as I watched this industrial yellow-grey sunrise at 4:30 in the morning
>this is that cigarette

Music for that feel?
What's your favorite album to smoke a pack to?

What a dumb thread.

You're entitled to your opinion, but there's just been a lot of shit in my life. It was nice to just be a peace with all the things that've been going on. I hadn't really smoked before that day.

>he went to record but didn't practice
Are you a retard OP?

Cigarettes are gross, like you

>I hadn't really smoked before that day.
That makes this even more embarrassing. Teenagers shouldn't smoke.

We had practiced, but when we finished recording we realized we had seriously fucked up the click tracks

This is literally why band music will never be popular again

>had to go to a studio
>had to leave for cigarette
>was on shrooms later so couldn't play
>reason why recording was bad was b/c bill's hungover

bow down to the techno overloads, bandcuck.

We took shrooms long after we finished recorded

Once smoked a pack on the fire escape of my dorm building in Chicago at 4 A.M. while listening to Illinois and watching the sun rise. I was planning to commit suicide the next day. Didn't do it obviously, but I still can't listen to that album without remembering that feeling of being blissfully free, alone, experiencing the city as no one else was.

>bow down to the techno overloads, bandcuck.

yea everyone loves to pay $50 to watch a guy play music off his laptop

Thanks man, that's really cool. I appreciate that story, and I'm glad you're still here. I love stories like those, when albums have personal stories that have so much meaning to one person that not a lot of people could really connect to.

>band music isn't popular
???

Also we recorded ourselves, not at a studio

cigarettes contain maoi's, which enhance the effects of any psychedelic. plus you hadn't smoked in a day. that cig butt isn't special, you can recreate the same feeling by doing the same things
I always carry smokes when I trip for that reason. No other time do I love smokes as much as then

How do you fuck up the click track?

I know the cigarette itself wasn't special, it's just nice to remember that moment where I was at peace with my problems and the things that gave me so much anxiety.

Glad you like it. I love that album for giving me that one great memory at the lowest point in my life. Got a personal album story of your own?

Too slow, and our guitarist on the scratch skipped a couple beats

Wow great blog now fuck off

None as powerful as your story probably, but Graceland really came at a point in my life where I was losing hope in the world, I was deeply depressed and hadn't felt real emotion in a long time. It really turned a lot around for me.

You're on this thread dude, that was your choice

I love that album too. I'm always awed by music's ability to move the soul. Guess another similar incident would be one time I was driving to Indiana with my family through the Illinois countryside, staring at field after field, listening to Fleet Foxes' s/t. The harmonies sounded like angels, and for a moment it actually got me to believe in God. It was literally rapturous, felt like I could feel the divine coursing through my body. Problem is music is also ephemeral. The album ends eventually and so does that feeling.

>favorite album to smoke a pack to

Fleet Foxes s/t had a similar experience for me too. I was on this road trip with my girlfriend, hadn't dated more than a two months, max, and we were driving to New Mexico nonstop to see some show. I had been driving all night, fatigued, absolutely physically depleted. It was sunrise, and we were driving through the Moab, and she had just woken up. We watched the sun rise against the desert, and listened to that album, and it was almost rejuvenating. Really beautiful. It's one of the most beautiful places I've ever been. No listen of that album has been as good as that one, but it certainly brings me back to that time.

Great album to start the day with. I've listened to Helplessness Blues while driving through the mountains in Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Ohio. That was special. It's like it's what the album was made for.

Beck - Loser

I think great albums are one thing, but an album that has this special meaning to you is on a whole nother level.