en.wikipedia.org/wiki/100_Greatest_Britons
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cromwellian_conquest_of_Ireland
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Irish_sentiment
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Don't agree with this desu
Lots of brave Irishmen died in WWI aswell

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter_Rising

I'm well aware of the Easter Rising you eejit
But there were plenty of Irish men fighting on both sides of WWI, nothing wrong with remembering the sacrifice of an entire generation

Problem with that is a lot of British WWI vets ended up as black and tans
who were fucking savage heathens.
Sorta defeats the sacrifice when the ones who survive go on to be mass murdering rapists.

I get your point by the way, just saying.

>you should feel bad for things that happened 50+ years ago

>muh troops
shut the fuck up jesus christ

You still have army personell occupying 6 counties of Ireland
Stop it

>You should celebrate horrible things your country did to innocent people 50 years ago

are those troops, the ones stationed there this very moment, responsible for easter rising et al?

Do you even know what the Easter Rising is?
And no but they're responsible for illegally occupying another country

Yup. Polls show that most Brits are immensely proud of "the empire". When you point out that the Empire was guilty of countless crimes against humanities and the cause of generational traumas it goes back to "jesus m8, that was years ago, forget about it".

maybe the natives should man the fuck up and kick them out.

When they did that they got called terrorists and their children were executed.
Brits murdered 16 men at a football game for Christ sake.

The English will defend the actions of the mick bastard, they are self-hating progressives who get drilled in their heads every day by BBC that they are eternally sorry and must bend over for blacks, Pakis, Scots and Irish. They are deliberately shamed for displaying the St George's flag. Currently, they are being crucified for voting Leave.

English are one of the few nationalities whom can be raped, killed or abused with no one caring. They are worthless and too full of self-hatred to defend themselves.

We already fought you off the majority of the isle
Then fought you for our rights in your false state
The last step with be democratic
Britain will lose the last of it's empire not with the bang of bombs and bullets, but in absolute silence
That is more painful a wound than any armalite could give

Most brits alive today never really lived under the empire, all they would probably know are the positive things that Britain did. And our schools are shit at teaching anything about the empire anyway.
What did you learn at school about it?

The English have no guilt whatsoever towards the Irish, half of them openly hate us

>half of them openly hate us
not even close

Irish are White, of course they wont defend them.
You can enslave, genocide, massacre, oppress and rape a group of people if their skin ain't shit colored.

Aye it's probably more
The British started the Irish aren't white meme

We learned how it fucked us over for hundreds of years, basically. I'm sure it's the same in school books all around the world.

Go back to Ireland then you wankers

>those "both sides were as bad as each other :')" comments
Stupid cunts.

I'm in Ireland lad

This is nearly as bad as African Americans posting lynching photos in the comments section of Facebook posts about American Independence etc.

Literally niggerish behaviour

I suppose thats why they're called the negroes of Europe

Ireland was a mistake we should just annex them desu

> if their skin ain't shit colored.
E D G Y

how many tabs of anti Irish posting do you have open right now you obsessed cunt

you're starting to sound like some deluded nip there, thinking everyone is out to get them with Nanching, jog on you triggered soft cunt.

None lel. Youre delusional.

>Problem with that is a lot of British WWI vets ended up as black and tans
And a lot of the Irish veterans of the fighting in WW1 ended up fighting for the IRA.

um, no sweetie x

>What did you learn at school about it?
That it is our greatest enemy and caused immeasurable pain. Our school system is also pretty much designed to evoke nationalist feelings in kids. If Brits ever came back you'd probably see 13 year olds throwing petrol bombs at them kek

>"The IRA were cowards because they didn't risk shooting the kids we hid behind." ~British Solider

Really makes you think.

we fucked ireland over by elevating a tribal society when really we should have left it like that so that they couldnt complain

>we fucked ireland over by elevating a tribal society
Gaels didn't really care about England when you just claimed overlordship, it was just another branch in the hierarchy to them. What we hate you for is the, you know, genocide.

i REALLY didn't understand that part

>What we hate you for is the, you know, genocide.

Who cares about cromwell? He wasnt exactly popular here either

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/100_Greatest_Britons

Considered the 10th greatest of all time by the TV watching general British public.

>WE GAVE YOU TECHNOLOGY N SHIET
ahh yes, the age old colonial justification

>Who cares about cromwell?
Orange cunts up north like him because they like trying to trigger the rest of us.

There was also the whole selling Irish people as slaves in the Americas, taking women from their husbands and breeding them with niggers, and Famine Boogaloo.

Not a single good thing came from the British Empire to Ireland.

>The poll resulted in nominees including Guy Fawkes

One of the first lines of the article establishes it as not a poll on who was viewed the most positively

Did you even read my post?

Yes, you were peddling the "we civilised you" meme

You're all irrelevant fuckheads, shut the fuck up.

son.....

>Orange cunts up north like him because they like trying to trigger the rest of us.

Thats your own faults for getting triggered over nothing

>There was also the whole selling Irish people as slaves in the Americas, taking women from their husbands and breeding them with niggers

Slavery has never been legal in england and has only been practiced by the trading companies which werent involved in ireland so clearly that is bullshit

> and Famine Boogaloo.

lassaiz faire charity doesnt really work thanks whigs

The Somme was pretty tragic lad

>muh ireland
Nobody cares.

You said it was a justification but my point was that we should never have done it. Thats why I said learn to read

And this england destroyed ireland meme is awful considering ireland was alwawys such a hot topic in english politics for helpful or unhelpful reasons. Sure the tudors and cromwell really fucked over ireland but they were an absurdly long time ago and cromwell himself isnt exactly the most liked person here.

Bloody Italians being proud of Rome, don't they know the Romans oppressed the Barbarians?

Autism.

Half of us on Sup Forums hate you, because you're a bunch of whiny bastards. But Sup Forums doesn't represent real life m8.

>flag
must hurt

>mfw the entirety of irish national identity is is being angry at england

>which werent involved in ireland so clearly that is bullshit
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cromwellian_conquest_of_Ireland
>In addition, some fifty thousand[2] Irish people, including prisoners of war, were sold as indentured labourers under the English Commonwealth regime.[29][30] They were often sent to the English colonies in North America and the Caribbean where they subsequently comprised a substantial portion of certain Caribbean colony populations in the late 17th century.[31] In Barbados, some of their descendants are known as Redlegs.[32]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Irish_sentiment
>This "civilising mission" embraced any manner of cruel and barbaric methods to accomplish its end goal. For instance, in 1305 Piers Bermingham received a financial bonus and accolades in verse after beheading thirty members of the O'Connor clan and sending them to Dublin. In 1317 one Irish chronicler opined that it was just as easy for an Englishman to kill an Irishman or English women to kill an Irish women as he/she would a dog. The Irish were thought of as the most barbarous people in Europe, and such ideas were modified to compare the Scottish Highlands or Gàidhealtachd where traditionally Scottish Gaelic is spoken to medieval Ireland.
Already beginning to dislike you lads again. Gonna go listen to the Wolfe Tones and masturbate to pictures of victims of IRA bombings.

We built a pretty good looking pillar in Dublin for you, how is it by the way?

>Massachusetts
of course

>In addition, some fifty thousand[2] Irish people, including prisoners of war, were sold as indentured labourers

Autism or what, of course they would be

>kill 500,000 people despite there not being anywhere near that in fighters
>naming women and children as prisoners of war and executing them or selling them to be able to pay your soldiers
King James had sold several thousand Irish people too. Retarded cunt fuck off.

Really makes you think

500,000 people would have been over half of the population at the time

Whoops, misread that as during the cromwell period

But still, if we did that to such a large amount of people which would have been a large percentage of irelands population during any time that wasnt the peak population of around the famine it would have left ireland with a massive depopulation paraguay style which it didnt

Tiocfaidh ar la

Hahahahaha How The Fuck Is Famine Death Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Sail Away From The Island Like Nigga Fish Haha

>almost 99% of Northern Ireland voted to remain in the UK
>""""Occupied Counties""""

Good post

>participants selected from the Antrim area
I'm shocked

keep antrim tidy

Really makes you think

Best county lad

UNSOURCED IMAGE SAYS SOMETHING SHOCKING!!!!

What? Are you a fucking retard or what?

An mhaith, a bhuachaill.

Google it you spacker

>What? Are you a fucking retard or what?

yes, I believe that an absurd percentage of the population was killed and yet the statistics dont show it

>and yet the statistics dont show it
You're going to need to provide a source, my Ulsterfellow.

Quads for dear old Éireann

Any website that has a graph of irelands historical population

And on the contrary, you should prove your absurd claim

So, no source?

>This phase of the war was by far the most costly in terms of civilian loss of life. The combination of warfare, famine and plague caused a huge mortality among the Irish population. William Petty estimated (in the 1665-66 Down Survey) that the death toll of the wars in Ireland since 1641 was over 618,000 people, or about 40% of the country's pre-war population. Of these, he estimated that over 400,000 were Catholics, 167,000 killed directly by war or famine, and the remainder by war-related disease.[27] Modern estimates put the toll at closer to 20%.[28]

Get up to fuck you hun scum.

this
can't wait until scotland secedes and england (wales is an irrelevant shithole) fades into oblivion to be taken over by the superior celt
feels good

I like the Welsh desu

>He posted it on Sup Forums too

Has he revealed his muh heritaging yet?

England on it's own would still be more relevant than an independent Wales, Scotland and Ireland.

Also
>independent Scotland
top kek faggot, we're going to crush these Jacobites once again and seem them to Canada for good.

>England on it's own would still be more relevant than
England on its own won't do shite, you couldn't even stop Pakis from raping your children how are you going to do fuck all on the world stage? Dumb cunt.

Ireland couldn't even stop potatoes killing 6 million of their people.

so basically the irish are like the uk's version of america's niggers then?

>da evil british man be keeping us down lads

>you

It's a great tragedy that warhawks like John Redmond encouraged young Irish men to throw away their lives in a conflict that wasn't theirs.
>please let us govern our internal affairs Mr. Britain, we'll throw our youth's lives into your war machine
Despicable.

The difference is that one of those is an actual nation with a history and some actual claims, while the other are literal dindus

Actually our niggers are the British version of your niggers.

>tfw the Anglo menace will soon go extinct

which one is which?

really? I always heard that nigs in the uk were very civilized compared to the savages we have over here.

My great grandad and his brother fought for the brits in ww1- with his brother being killed in action

I'm a republican but I have no problem remembering the Irish who died, or indeed any soldier from any side that died in a war that millions of working class men were killed in the name of imperialism and gains for the elite

What i am not comfortable doing , is remembering ww1 in a triumphantist, pro British way which is what the red poppy has come to represent in Ireland and britain

Great post desu

The poppy isn't jingoistic at all and the memory of WWI isn't at all viewed in "Haha, we kicked arse and won!" sort of way it is almost entirely viewed as a horrible tragedy with the focus being on the terrible experience of the common lads fighting it.

There's just less of them. They still riot and have adopted a lot of American nog culture.

To me , and my interpretation, I have to disagree - British memorials seem to paint ww1 soldiers as willing participants in a war of good over evil , when in truth most were either conscripted or joined as a means of supporting their family financially

It also seems to me the poppy has become a symbol for the British army in general

Just popping into this thread to post this :--)