clyp.it/derwcyt2
heritageguitar.com/choose-your-finish/
youtube.com/watch?v=WS0fNOiK7jk
youtube.com/watch?v=PyQAYQ1-IJ8
portland.craigslist.org/clk/msg/5694114796.html
youtu.be/-WKzrc2wcxA?t=2m42s
sweetwater.com/store/detail/StratAmSAMVB
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

My Tele has Fender custom shop pickups in them. What kind does a Squire have? Hmm? I'm sure they're just as good according to you

teles are gay

First for the girl I love but she isn't my girlfriend

better post about it in the guitar general thread

500 dollar pickups doesn't change a bad design

It's time for guess that riff/tune

I'll start with super easy mode.

clyp.it/ovsbctav

I was just dedicating the first post in a soon to be epic thread to her

Sounds like literally every generic pop song ever. I don't know it

Pinball Gizzard.

And I'm sure that would just make her day, huh?

>dat fucking thinline in the background

My fuckin dick

we got a hard one here clyp.it/derwcyt2

Do you even dadrock?
Winrar.

Fucking KEK M8 I clicked on it thinking "this is gonna be smoke on the water or some shit"

FREEBIRD

What's life like on the equator?

Have you guys ever watched clips of pete townsend live? holy fucking shit that guy has serious balls, to play all those songs and never fuck it up once is incredible to me

>malt liquor
>thinline telecaster

Darkie confirmed.
I bet you play some mean blues or funk.

Yeah it's pretty incredible. I'm really not a huge fan of theirs but he's a consistent motherfucker.

heritageguitar.com/choose-your-finish/

Which one of these finishes would look best on an ES-335 style guitar?

Black or faded cherry.

You can get away with white but only if you're black.

ya and if you know his story he didn't ever take any classes so if you watch him play it live he' s just using his arm

How long have you been playing? All of your clips seem pretty solid. Any tips for a beginner like me?

someone figure out how to play this
youtube.com/watch?v=WS0fNOiK7jk

what this user said tbqh desu fampaichi

Can /gg/ do anything besides strumming chords?

really? if anything i think only white people can pull off white guitars

I'm looking for a good looking guitar for about 300-400 euros. I really can't find one I like enough to spend that much money on so post some cool looking guitars that are in my budget.

20 years, I'm really not that great and know almost no theory. Never taken a lesson and just kind of play what I like.
Yeah senpai but until I get my tele set up its strummin dat acoustic for me. I'd also rather die than play metal or some "repeat the scale in 64th's 9x to give the illusion of being good" music.

I don't know, Hendrix rocked that Olympia white Strat he had during the Woodstock period of his career.

What kind of tones are you looking for? Usually the majority of the time this question just means, which do you like better, single coils or humbuckers? You could get into lipstick territory if you spend your money wisely on a Danelectro, but most people opt for either singles or hums.

youtube.com/watch?v=PyQAYQ1-IJ8

and clapton had old blackie

I would go with Rose Natural. They all look good though, are you getting a Heritage?

I have no idea what any of this means. I just realised I forgot to specify its a starter guitar. Sorry about that man.

You want to play acoustic or electric?

Acoustic: get a Martin X series
Electric: squier classic vibe series guitars.

What does /GG/ think of the Vox VT20X? I have a smaller version of its precursor and have thought about getting one, I've also heard good things about the AV15 and plan on trying it tomorrow at my local store, any good practice amps for a £200

the yamaha thrx10 is the /gg/ approved practice amp meme

Yeah. I live just a handful of minutes away from the factory, and I know a few luthiers there, so I can essentially get a custom order exactly to my specs. I've played plenty of Heritage guitars and Gibsons, and honestly as far as the H-535s and ES-335s go, you are paying an extra $2,000 for the words "Gibson."

I know it's a waste of time and money, but I'll be using it as my main electric for my jazz studies degree. I've been doing the whole guitar/bass/uke teacher thing for about 9 years, so I figured having a degree wouldn't hurt the influx of customers. Probably just going to end up working at Starbuck's because of it, but I have no will to live so it's cool.

Basically this, yeah. If you aren't into the Squier's tone, you could opt for an Epiphone Les Paul or ES-335 depending on your style.

My 40$ guitar.

Is it bad that I want a trem-equipped RGD and tune it to E standard despite the longer scale?

I like the wood

Why would it be?

Should I, /gg/? I haven't tried it out yet but I'm in the market for a humbucker guitar for heavier stuff and I really like the look of this guitar
The price is suspiciously low, which is kinda off putting but I'd be sure to test it out very thoroughly before I bought it
portland.craigslist.org/clk/msg/5694114796.html

Those are some spiffy inlays. Longer scale tuned to E will feel stiffer than a shorter scale tuned to E. If you're ok with that, then it's fine.

BUBINGA

I have this Traben Era 5 string bass from High school that I kind of want to sell but I have no idea what it's worth. It was discontinued and I don't really know how to go about it. What do Sup Forums?

That's a nice Dean. I have a dean, theyre good guitars. The inlays are cool. But $450 is a little high, considering you can can get similar ones for like 200. Maybe because some of the features. He migbt ne asking 450 figuring people are gonna low-ball. Offer like 250 or 300 see what happens

>
>Because the 26.5" scale is made for lower
Because the 26.5" scale is made for lower tunings and they're set up to D standard. I'd use 9s for E since 10s would be very stiffy on that thing.

I just noticed that the inlays are the checkmark on the Ibanez logo, I didn't know that until you said about it.

abalone inlays look like ass

i saw this

Everybody makes mistakes, user. That's why pencils have pencil sharpeners

I accidentally replied to myself instead of the second reply and the quick reply window automatically pasted my post I was trying to edit.

Also pic related, Ibanez recently released a six-string version of the blue-green RGD, and it looks a lot better than the fugly brown one.

>Tfw only have pointy black guitars so i got a white one
> it's more pointy than the other ones

edge-crew report in

haha it definitely can't hurt man. I work in the "jazz" community in my city myself and I wish I would have gone to college just to solidify my knowledge in theory. Almost everyone I know in the scene has a degree in jazz studies or something similar, I'm an outlier. Not a waste of time if that's what you want to dedicate the rest of your life to.

That heritage should be sweet man, they make great guitars. Try to get a solid top if you can, will make a huge difference in the sound.

Pic related. Got it cuz wanted Xiphos but wanted different than Ibanez. Also has black ML, black RG550DX. I guess the rg is pointy enough.

These are purrdy

>Been playing guitar since I was 14
>I'm 20 now
>I still suck shit

How do I shred guys?

This is your answer.
youtu.be/-WKzrc2wcxA?t=2m42s

Aw man, I forgot it doesn't work like that. Well , go to 2m42 seconds.

What is the best Fender guitar colour and why is it Olympic White?

Post your waifu elsewhere.

arctic white reporting in

i love the combination with the tortoise shelll pickguard, but only if it a rosewood fingerboard. normally i cant stand rosewood but in that case its dank. idk if its the light or something but the pickguard in your picture doesnt look that good though.

>i have no idea what im doing

if i practice barre chords with my thumb on the root will i be able to stretch my thumb further eventually?

or maybe it's candy apple red?

Does arctic white stay "white" over time? I know Oly white tends to get creamy and yellow over the years which can look great/shitty in certain cases.

Honey Blonde. You can't really see it here, but the wood grain is still visible.

wait what? can you give me an example of a barre chord you wanna play and how you finger it? because using your thumb sounds kind of weird. not in general, its good to mute strings on open chords with and there are certain chordvoicings where you need it like theres a maj7 chord voicing that i like (5x6654) where i finger the root with my thumb but for a barre that sounds really weird. explain pls.

I have the vt20x, it's an incredibly solid amp. Tones are all great, it's pretty loud, 9/10. Careful with the USB port though, I broke mine within an hour of getting it by yanking the cable out at an angle.

havent had it long enough to be able to tell you that. i guess if you smoke it'll get creamy. but its not really that white in the first place. the white pickguard does look way more white in comparison, the finish is maybe like a vanilla icecream?

its hard to capture these nuances on camera because lighting makes them look a bit different and the camera distorts whatever you see in its own way. this picture shoudl give you an idea though.

Think he's talking about this.

Is that the Texas Strat? My biggest regret was not buying the one in hometown music shop. Such a comfortable guitar to play.

Also, while I'm at it, master race headstock ;)

Found it: sweetwater.com/store/detail/StratAmSAMVB

So I bought a Bass recently and i've just now noticed the action is way too fucking low, causing rattle whenever I pluck the string anywhere that isn't right infront of the bridge.

I'm broke for awhile so I can't pay to have this fixed and I don't want to try to do it myself and botch the whole thing. Will constantly plucking the strings close to the bridge fuck with how they rest on the saddle?

why are u choking your guitar?

Trying to demonstrate what this feller was talking about I don't play that way.

You deebly goncerned?

no? playing near the bridge is only rarer cause of the extra force required usually, so youll be fine if you have metal saddles and stuff

Nah it's a Highway One, so it has the nitro finish. I love the sound of the Texas pickups tho.

so from my 5min research apparently arctic white comes a bit more yellow than olympic. but if you have one of the vintage nitro finishes your olympic will get a lot more yellow over the years than poly finishes will.
mine is a poly arctic white from 2011 and it is a little bit yellow/cream color but in a very nice way. if you fine the lights right on it it is pretty much 100% white but with dimmed light it looked a bit like vanilla. i like it. it may get a bit more creamy over the years but i doubt it will ever become so yellow that it looks like shit like some of the vintage olympics do.
i dont think its a good idea to finger a barre like this. what you gonna do if you play a barre with root on the 5th string?
beautiful

my sides , oh fuck
Lift and eat more , faggot.

I don't play like that, but I think that's what the dude was talking about. Only time I get close to that is playing something like La Grange like pic related, but those aren't barre chords.

>Lift and eat more , faggot.
its what im trying to do but unless im eating something reallly nice like a good steak or something eating is more of a chore than pleasurable to me. as a kid i almost choked one time and thought i was going to fucking die so maybe that did something to my brain idk. i also eat slow as fuck which is not really helping.

>its what im trying to do
I noticed.
You actually like steak? Must be an American. Also , you do know you can add spices to foods to make them really tasty , right?

Cheers fampai.

My '02 Jazzmaster has creamed up a little from its original Oly White (poly). Just hoping it doesn't go full blown yellow in a few years as I love the look of it now.

>You actually like steak? Must be an American.
im german
>do know you can add spices to foods to make them really tasty
i think im actually a pretty good cook. i mean i have trouble eating enough as is, if it would also taste bad i would proobably starve lol.

oh that thing is nice. my next guitar will be a jazzmaster with the exact same specs. i think if its poly you're fine. it will get more yellow with time but not much more, not as much as nitro finishes do.

what bridge is that?

The original bridge (with a little gunk). I switched to a Mustang bridge for awhile when I first got it and really disliked it. Switched it back and with a few light slots of a file in the saddles, the strings stay put and it plays perfectly.

>sanding frets down for low-action
>accidentally sand part of the fret board down

>sanding frets down to get rid of some notches in the fret
>lol what is measuring
>g and b strings have this very slight fret buzz past the 12th fret
>actually sounds nice, like it gently slurs the notes out instead of standard guitar plink
>tfw no idea how to replicate this on my other guitars

interesting, thanks
the bridge is the only thing putting me off from getting a jazzmaster honestly

I hear with the mustang bridges that there is a lot of rattling

Bump

You might get a bit more limber in your thumb, but it won't change the size of it, nor will it be easy down the neck. Players like Jimi who did it had monster hands.

I only do it on the first frets and only to drop down the bass note in a barre.