Thoughts? Especially in the context of the whole scene/"emo" image they had going...

Thoughts? Especially in the context of the whole scene/"emo" image they had going, i thought they were ok for what they were.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/n0H3RlaQVrM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Amazing to me, love the Heed.

Welcome Home is an amazing track

Great album but it's here where they decided to their change direction imo and i'm not really a fan of where they went with it. Wake Up and Mother May I are my favorite tracks from it.

Welcome home music video is hilarious

Not as hilarious as the one for Favor House Atlantic. I literally burst out laughing at his totally failed attempt at lip syncing at the beginning of the video.

That song is infectiously catchy, though.

Definitely the definition of edge.

The Afterman is my favorite Coheed release T B H

Their last good album, imo.

I'm also not a game grumps fag but I saw that they did a video with Claudio and he seems like a pretty cool guy

The Suffering is so fucking good. Their image doesn't match their music at all, though.

What didn't you like about The Afterman? It honestly felt like a super refined version of this to me.

I don't think Coheed was ever scene/emo

C&C are great, but I never really thought they fit in with the whole emo/scene scene. I mean sure, there's a bit of overlap, their guitars had a bit of an emo tinge, but I never saw the connection.

Yeah I was going to say the same.

It's not in the music, it's the way they presented themselves and their music.

youtu.be/n0H3RlaQVrM

I never paid attention to the scene kids when I was in school but in an episode of South Park when the the goth girl turns emo she had a SSTB poster on her wall
not saying that's enough reason to call it that but I bet there's some basis to it

Just watched. One of the most cringe-worthy music video I've seen in awhile. And yeah, he can't lip sync for shit.

I don't know what it is man. Ive only listened to The Afterman a time or two. I mean, The Hard Sell just reeks of dad-rock/butt-rock. But other than that, I just was never grabbed by anything. I might give it another listen to, but it isn't grabbing my attention as much as Good Apollo did immediately.

Honestly I think The Afterman : Descension had a few good tracks like Iron Fist and such but overall the project was just not that impressive

Honestly one of my all time favorites

If anything, The Black Rainbow is my favorite post this.

the goat. Not a bad song on here, even the b-side that was added was great

Iron fist might just be my least favorite track off the whole thing

Ascension blows descension out of the fucking water t b h

true, and Junesong Provision being the best thing they've ever done

Cringeworthy, edgy garbage.

>>/out/

Ive worn out Evagria. So fucking good.

I know every single lyric to every song they've ever came out with, can play every song of theirs fully on guitar, can play parts of the black rainbow on the theremin. This is the band that caused me to delve into music, the reason that I made a gibson explorer as a 12th grade senior project. Absolutely the most influential band on my life.