Albums which took you some time to enjoy

You posted it

probably their best tho

Anything by Death Grips, really. I needed at least 5 or 6 listens to actually start enjoying each one of their albums. Exmilitary was the "hardest" one to get into.

i started out by only listening to the "I Know You're Fucking Someone Else" bit and was blown away by it but couldn't take the rest.
when i actually sat down and listened to the whole album in one sitting i saw how it all cohesively came together in a briliant arrangement and i was stunned

not memeing i promise

At first it was boring as shit.
Then it was comfy and groovy as shit.
Then I listened to Peking O and just loved the album.

This was the first hip hop record I ever listened to, and over the course of five months or so, it went from an album that completely flew over my head to an album that greatly influenced me as a person and was an indirect cause to a boost in my self-confidence. Haven't had an experience to that degree with another album yet, but Straight Outta Compton came close to recreating it.

huh that's interesting. Exmilitary clicked immediately for me, but I needed several listens for the others before I started to get where they were coming from (well, NLDW i got after like 2 listens).

I still don't really get Government Plates, NotM, and the new one.

this shit was like Voodoo for me. I loved it the first time, and my love for it only grows with more listens.

Wildflower.

I like three songs besides Frankie Sinatra.

what in the literal fuck

>First listen
Who told him he could sing
>Second listen
He is putting a lot of emotions into it.
>Third listen while I was working in the fields and could finally focus on the lyrics
Holy shit this is good.

S

Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea

checkd

holy fuck palindrome digits mate

pic related was the one from them that took me a minute to get into. TMS was instantaneous for me.

holy fuck the quints have spoken

these were my exact thoughts the first time i listened to the record as well

huh. it felt instantly nostalgic for me

Agreed, that's the only one that took me a while to warm up to but it pays off cuz it's one of their best

I couldn't stand it at first, it's top ten all time now. There are others but nothing has had a bigger turnaround for me than this.

At first I thought it was lame, slow shit compared to their first album, but the brown creeps up on you.

>pic related so much

That album is pure shit

Sorry

maybe I just drilled it into my brain that I should like it but honestly now I think it's pretty damn good
well at least listenable, I think my first distaste for it was partially influenced by pretty much everybody else

Loved everything of theirs to this point. But when it clicked, boy did it ever.

Which is weird because Takyon in probably the most accessible song they have.

this

I first thought it was just okay, but now it's probably my favourite of all his albums

I was the same
but like iwent to new York listened to it 24/7 and now its my number 1

It's actually dub dub quads :^)
Counting can be difficult.

Couldnt really grasp this one for a few listens, same with Eureka too.

also
>Endtroducing
>VU&N
>Daydream Nation
>Bee Thousand
>Low
>Dismemberment Plan - Change
>Ghettoville
>Mutations
>Public Strain

B...but that's the accessible album. Glad you came around though. The great misdirect is personally the most polarizing one for me. I feel like they didn't follow colors up until Coma Ecliptic

Good album but I guess it's a bit weird depending where you came from before you ran into it. Definitely over hyped but it holds it ground. New Bermuda is my personal fav now.

Because I'm Me really stands out imo. The production is so good and I didn't really see the rap verses coming when I first listened.

czech'd hard, m80

dank stank maymay, Sup Forumsro!

This one for sure. I think the first couple times I was still sorting out what was going on in each song. I was also in a generally lively mood.

Took me a sleepy evening after a long day for it to sink in.

BP clicked almost immediately to me compared to the rest of their discography. I even enjoyed BBITJ on the first listen when it took me awhile for TPTB title track to grow on me.

>more than one try to like
How? I guess you were expecting an R+7 or Replica clone (or should I say Replica XD).

Took me a listens to fully appreciate.

I got into family man before I could get into my war, I thought it was absolute shit and that my friends didn't know what they were talking about, but after everything in my life done gone and fucked me over and I became an angsty shithead I listened to this on repeat and still do. Takes a while to get used to production but once you do you're glad the production was the exact way it was.