Why does he pretty much only review rap/hip-hop now?

Why does he pretty much only review rap/hip-hop now?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nrvbeNGUVG4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

rap music takes no skill or effort so there is a lot more of it

Hip-hop is at it's most popular, gotta rake in that sweet, sweet YouTube moneys

rap is the most common form of music nowadays

phew, glad I'm not a Yank

Rap is objectively the best music

Rap nowadays really takes no skill,its dead.

>a vocal style is the best music

Its only got 2 alternatives

W E W L A D
E
W
L
A
D

Lyrics are whats important

loooooooool

To be far, what non-rap/non-hip-hop albums have come out recently?

Yeah it's dumb. He reviews loads of mediocre trap mixtapes but doesn't even bother to review shit like the new Ian William Craig or Steve Gunn or Idris Ackamoor or The Body or Jenny Hval or Huerco S or hell even Autechre cause they don't get those meme views and therefore don't lead to revenue. I like hip-hop and it definitely should be reviewed but his channel is basically r/hhh at this point.

kys

Rap has the most fans on YouTube
More fans=more views=more $$$

Most of his audience are redditors who post on lewronggeneration and hiphopheads

I don't even pay attention to Fantano that much and know it isn't true

indie kids are seriously this bitter about losing the popular genre war, its kind of amusing

also weird since they all bash any new indie band attempts as being inauthentic/coming from too much wealth to be legit. Which is usually true but its weird how overly critical they are to the point of being dismissive when some of these bands (diiv for example) produces decent music.
tl;dr you guys are being insecure fags over something irrelevant

he's the internet's busiest music nerd.... don't you know the only music coming out nowadays is Yung Dindu's new mixtape?

I thought this was pasta when you started listing off this shit, but then I realized you're being serious LMAO

a fuckton, too many to list here...

there's albums released every week that aren't even remotely related to rap or hip-hop you fucking moron.

Name 3 worth mentioning

this

his excuse for no elseq review was weak af tbqh~

honestly he probably just doesn't want watmm to roast him again for knowing so little about electronic music, its production and its history.

i'm assuming that's why he's shied away from reviewing (or even mentioning) aleksi perala's colundi series

If lyrics are important then what the fuck are you listening to hip hop for?

This desu

indie white bois salty cuz fantano spendin time with true, real music LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO

indie had its time, now its our time

Are you retarded?
I, Walking Dark, Gently Disturbed

I wish he'd review more metal.

>the only music in the world is indie or memerap

modern indie kids are basically an inbetween stage between ironic and sincere lewronggenerationers, they don't know what they want

they're just confused about what they awnt

THIS

Why do niggers care so much about his opinion if they just bitch about how low he rated their FOTM rap album in the comments?

>Why do niggers care so much about his opinio

Yes I'm sure its black people who come to Sup Forums and cry about how much Fantano and p4k are reviewing black artists.

Literally who?

lets just say he got a taste of the jungle and has been burning coal ever since

Cuckthony Fagtano knows the only people watching his fag channel are niggers and other nigger loving white cucks like him

>*sheaths katana and whips trench coat
>heh.. that oughtta show em

rock is fucking dead

So you see the problem then?

You ask for important recent albums, but you give us no context for judging your taste other than that you think that no good non-rap/non-hip-hop albums have come out recently. Given how varied people's music tastes are, and the thousands of excellent albums that have come out in the last few years, all we can really do is take a shot in the dark.

I guess my reasoning was: He likes hip-hop; hip-hop instrumentals are jazz-influenced; hip-hop vocals are rhythmic and aggressive; let's give him rhythmic jazz; and some metal.

memes = memes

*grabs you by the throat*

BACK THE FUCK OFF!!?!?

fucking this

rap more like crap am i right?

Can't wait til we kill all non-whites, am I right my fellow honkies?

And memes

youtube.com/watch?v=nrvbeNGUVG4

Is Fantano going crazy? Is he going to be okay?

got em

He's literally p4k-mentality minus its extremism on social factors, he fanboys all the things that he thinks he's supposed to instead of seeking out what it is he's into.

What annoys me is the fact that he reviews so media mediocre rap album and gives them an inevitable a 5 or 6. What the fuck is even the point of reviewing them?

I remember a couple of years ago when he refused to review the new RHCP album for that very reason.

And the comments on all his videos... yeesh. Rap has easily the most cancerous fanbase in music.

Facts

Who?

This.

Are you kidding me? Rap instrumentals are way too basic far too often. If I considered the vocals as just an instrument in this genre, then it would be some extremely bland composition. That's why conscious hip hop is so much fucking better than some Migos shit (when it's done well)

>Yung Dindu

I bet you've never even listened to them you banana

ITT
>people not realizing that the genre is hip-hop, and not rap

Because metal is literal cancer

Two more to go : )

hes bald for real?

I thought he only shaved because he preferred to be bald

>coming from too much wealth to be legit
lmao
nearly every worthwhile artist since the '60s has been middle-class at the very least, and many of them college-educated back when it was a far more privileged thing

the "legit" rubes can only consume music

>white people listening to rap

cringe

His meme reviews are higher quality and have more effort put into them than his music reviews.

Hip hop is the special olympics of music.

Isn't it like that everywhere, where are you from?

Papua New Guinea

Sorry Allen, keep telling yourself you're a serious artist. I'm sure you'll be the next big white rapper.

kys

Rap is literally the worst genre of music of all time.

>metal

>calls out shitty rap
>b-but metal!!

what the fuck...?

give two examples

he´s beeing paid to review and talk shit.

i think oi and ska punk are worse.

rare great post

rap>metal

RAP IS NOT A GENRE
>RAP IS NOT A GENRE
RAP IS NOT A GENRE
>RAP IS NOT A GENRE
RAP IS NOT A GENRE
>RAP IS NOT A GENRE
RAP IS NOT A GENRE
>RAP IS NOT A GENRE
RAP IS NOT A GENRE
>RAP IS NOT A GENRE

Hip hop has both the best and worst lyricism of popular music

THA GOOD OL WHITE DAYS IS OVA

>he listens to hip hop for only the best lyrics

Maybe just in English-speaking countries

Elsewhere it's definitely not

because he needs to make money off of theneedledrop and hip hop is whats in right now

oh no please someone post that fucking screencap

I never agree with any of his reviews, I just listen to him to find out about new music.

I think it's more about him only liking hip hop releases any more

Lol but he only reviews widely known shit? I can't imagine discovering new music from fantano unless you live under a rock.

cringe thread filled with idiots

To make the good albums look even better.

Rap reviews attract the most views. His fanabse is in the 16-24 age group. Hip-hop is the most listened to genre in that category.

>His fanabse is in the 16-24 age group. Hip-hop is the most listened to genre in that category.

[citation needed]

>live in a third world shithole
>glad I'm not a yank

nice b8

not b8, it's true.

metal is fedora: the genre

>white boy wrote this himself
you aren't fooling anyone

Upboated

Rap is actually the genre that takes the most skill to make you fucking mongoloid
Making a decent 6-7-8/10 indie rock album is shit easy compared to honing your timing, rhythm, flow, wordplay, lyrics, etc to make a good rap album

> the only two genres are hip-hop and indie rock

Those are the only two genres Sup Forums and Fantano care about anyway

Rock and it's sub genres are dead at the moment. Some could even argue and say, that rock has been dead since the early 2000's. The rap community is still young. Think of trap/cloud rap, and other sub genres like that.

Nigga rap is past it's peak and is in it's 80s now
It'll be dead in 20 years and everyone will listen to vaporwave and anime music

A man can dream...

He used to rarely if ever review hip hop, now it's about 95% of what he reviews.

Rock failed to progress past 1996.