/daily/ - "music" edition

W-wanna go on a d-date with me...?

Listen to your library, show off your backlog, babble about new music, tell us what you've been listening to today and what you will listen to in the following month, do tourneys (unless if you're Jangle, in which case they will crash and burn), post memes, get your dick out for Harambe, talk about music, argue about opinions, fight with other generals, just let the good times flow.

neverendingchartrendering.org/
>topsters that actually works! GENIUS!

topsters.net/
>2013-2016 never forget

plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
>listen to music, watch unfunny memes, and chat with avatars straight out of the uncanny valley

synctube.org/r/Some_dumb_synctube_channel
>plug for people who are cooler than cool

dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>site with templates, OP covers, archive, & random stuff

discord.gg/s5Rv7zJ
>garbage, but fun garbage

Ask about our secret Skype group. It's a myth.

Most importantly, be serious!

Previously, on /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/anmlcollective/dont-think-twice-its-all-right-animal-collective-remix
letterboxd.com/herb_guy/watchlist/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/ekkehard_ehlers_joseph_suchy_franz_hautzinger/soundchambers/
soundcloud.com/greenpot-bluepot/sets/autonomy-dream-demo
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/tim_buckley/dream_letter__live_in_london_1968/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/大忘杠/wild_tune_stray_rythm/
youtu.be/NUsRskazXME
rateyourmusic.com/collection/regency/rating79503827
rateyourmusic.com/list/yamir/snuff_jazz-core/
rateyourmusic.com/list/yamir/snuff_jazz_core/
mega.nz/#F!vl5mkZYT!uPnmnD_Ha7LMCMds6oLlzA
clyp.it/mgu2sk31
metal-archives.com/albums/Dead/Musical_Abortions/68742
twitter.com/AnonBabble

da boyz

>W-wanna go on a d-date with me...?
at this point i would literally date anything

we dem bois

I really like this. Took me multiple listens to appreciate the non-banger tracks tho.

I remember literally 0 of the tournies I'm in, so someone better update this one sometime this thread.

Maybe I'll do one after this chart.

Which reminds me, what next from here?

I listened to Lifeforms by FSoL the other day for the first time in ages and was surprised by how not dated it sounds. Personally I think it holds up great.

Some miscellaneous thoughts about various things:

Electric Six are endless fun to listen to. A little bit samey but like Eagles of Death Metal they exist to entertain and they do it effortlessly.

Sprawl II, I've decided recently, is my favourite Arcade Fire song.

I really need to go and see more bands, but the bands I like don't play anywhere near me and I would have to travel to London to see most of them, thus making it quite expensive to see them. A £20 ticket easily turns in to £50-60.

Laura Branigan is severely underrated.

Seventh Son of a Seventh Son. Best Maiden imo.

Adventures Beyond the Ultraworld is probably THe Orb's best album and one of my favs when it comes to dance and chill.
Also, you're gonna have a boredom with all that Cash's albums.

>tfw it is so hot outside you can't even nap

People last thread were posting their favorite songs of the year so far. I want to do that
Minta & the brook trout- high falls
Sunn O)))- B)))
Even oxen- my, my, my
Let's eat grandma- deep six textbook
Nails- you will never be one of us
Anco- floridada
SDC- Purple Stuff (feat. D-Gotti's severed cock)

Me btw

Is it wrong that this is mine?

soundcloud.com/anmlcollective/dont-think-twice-its-all-right-animal-collective-remix

>Sunn O)))- B)))
I saw you were really enthusiastic about the live in Russia album. I only gave it a cursory listen on release but I thought there was an inordinate about of Atilla just making weird noises. It was tiring when added to the sheer length of it. I'll have to give it a re-listen.

gotcha

Noted, also you keep making these brash assumptions my dude. I got all the way through Unearthed in a day, I should be good.

Bready neat

>Anco- floridada
I keep forgetting they even had music this year. Shame really.

Tomonari Nozaki - Une histoire de bleu (2013)
>ambient, drone, tape music

Makes me feel like I'm drowning and/or being crushed by a large, suffocating object in the deepest part of the ocean, and I like it! Certainly quite monotonous, but for once I think that the monotony adds to the crushing atmosphere of this album, it just /sounds/ like it's cover. Far too long though, 67 minutes of nearly the same thing gets a bit old, but the fact that the tone and texture of the sound here is so great certainly saves the album.

3.0-

one year from now, or even less, you're all going to know my name
The world is your oyster, everyone
if you believe in yourself all of the doors will open for you

Deakin - Good House
Micromelancolié - Journey Insithe Skullptures Garden
No Joy - A Thorn in Garland's Side
Mikael Seifu - ዘላለም (Vector of Light)
Kanye West - No More Parties in LA (feat. Madlib & Kendrick Lamar)
Lil Yachty - One Night *Extended*
The Avalanches - Saturday Night Inside Out

I probably missed a bunch, but this is just off the top of my head. I've also been pretty fond of the DJ Mixes "New Friends Are Great" by Baby Zionov & Chansey, and Delroy Edwards' Resident Advisor Label of the Month mix.

>Btw, what exactly was the "overarching story" you're referring to?
I leave stuff like that specifically vague so that I can't be wrong, because I don't care to research the album and instead prefer to rely purely on what's visible.

>"Post-Minimalism" sounds like a genre you'd use to make fun of something
reee

When are you going to learn Japanese for the sole purpose of Fishmans??

Good morning btw :^)

Did you mean to say good evening? :)

why wait a year, you can just give us your name now :^)
also, that post sounded kinda mass shooting-y

some tourney reviews from yesterday:
>Sandy Bull - Fantasias for Guitar and Banjo
Rec'd by S
Not very controversial opinion time: the first ad last tracks are the best on this. Blend acts as a beautiful, comforting, and catchy journey through the desert, blending American Primitivist guitar work with a rock n roll esque backing track, a rarity for the genre. The song is naturally engaging. Sandy is clearly a talented guitar player. The next 3 tracks are banjo solo tracks, the best of which easily being the upbeat version of Little Maggie. Though the banjo tracks were less enjoyable and were more often than not covers, they still were very well preformed. The close, Gospel Tune, begins similar to the first track, starting with solo acoustic, western sounding noodling. This soon slowly morphs into an outstanding electric blues track. This 10 minute masterpiece perfectly blends traditional blues and american primitivism, creating a truly unique spin on a genre I can safely define as run into the ground.

Fantasias was an 8 btw

>Les Sculpteurs de vinyl - Memory & Money
Rec'd by Yamir
There are some moments on here I'd easily consider 10/10. The moment on False Note where the unrelated, disorienting samples of a droney bass loop and the the chiptune track are perfectly combined by the use of a hip-hop drum loop is one of them. The tonal chimes on Lablax would be another. Sadly there are too many moments that fall back into the classic standby of "national anthems played with some weird french lady talking over them" for me to really deem this great, but it sure as hell showcases a lot of creative uses of records as instruments.

>Holly Herndon - Platform
Rec'd by Jimmy Jazz
Fairly standard glitch pop with slightly more glitch elements than usual. And let me tell you, Holly is really proud of that. It's good to have confidence in your releases, but I think this album sounded a lot grander in her head. I can tell why people like this, but I've just heard most of this before. It still sounds pretty good tho.
Seriously what is up with modern experimental pop and ASMR tracks? It's starting to get old.

Trash off to a good start.

>I thought there was an inordinate about of Atilla just making weird noises
see that's what I like about it. one of my favorite sunn pieces is from agharti, another live album. on A/Interior I/Eye Atilla just dominates for 20 minutes, screeching and growling and throat singing. so good.

what to watch next

letterboxd.com/herb_guy/watchlist/

something good

help me choose something good then, user :)

CONROY XYZ

no lol not mass shooting, just music. music is the love of my life

The Holy Mountain, Truman Show or Clerks...

sure

Post-Fishmans side project that I couldn't find anywhere online. Will upload later and maybe review??

>When are you going to learn Japanese for the sole purpose of Fishmans??
I'm actually taking a Jap101 course in college next year.

World of Tomorrow, Truman Show, or Blowout

give me more recs guys

anything goes

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/ekkehard_ehlers_joseph_suchy_franz_hautzinger/soundchambers/

you guys are alright, don't go to the oyster tomorrow

downloaded, thanks

Eldritch Anisette - Eldritch Anisette 7"
I would say the least "Good" of the three Eps I listened to today, still quite nice
didn't quite get into the vocals but I maybe think that female vocs are better than male when it comes to emo, the instrumentation really wasn't mindblowing either, still good though, miles better than some of the other stuff on the chart

125 Rue Montmarte - Self Titled
quite nice, lo-fi noisy emo, kinda reminded me a bit of Rodan or Unwound, Safari is the best song

Everyone Asked About You - Self Titled EP
Very Good, probably got what I most like about the genre; vocals in which they are actually trying to sound presentable, non twinkly bullshite guitars whilst also retaining enough brightness of sound to BE emo and math

Jens Lekman and Sufjan next
what then maybe

soundcloud.com/greenpot-bluepot/sets/autonomy-dream-demo

galaxie 500- on fire

WEIRD VOCALS WEIRD VOCALS OH MY GOD
ok got that out of the way
so, this is a real comfy electric blanket of an album. I decided to try it cos Benji put Snowstorm on a mix for me and I though it was pretty good. I wasnt really enamored with most of the other songs though. they have a good sound, and they maintain it throughout the record expertly, but there's a kind of placidity to it. the guitar solos were uninteresting, and there's certain aspects that seem isolated from the rest of the composition. yes, I include the vocals in that. there's a weird sense of disconnect, like they were recorded separately. I feel like if there had been another vocalist with a more typical voice harmonizing with him, it would have brought it together more. I feel weird about the sax as well, because it seems strangely placed and it's a little obnoxious, but it reminds me a lot of what Destroyer did on Kaputt.
listening to on fire really just makes me think of three albums:
Kaputt by Destroyer
Perfect Teeth by Unrest
and Loveless by MBV
and i'd rather just listen to those.
I think on fire is good, but not special to me.

Lily Allen's Alright, Still
surprised me, I was familiar with the hits, but the album as a whole is really cohesive thematically and musically. there's lots of old-timey piano samples crafted into some genuinely quality beats, and the lyrics are devastatingly honest. she basically just airs her grievances with everyone, and is unapologetic about doing so. it's funny, too, in a subtle way, since she says some really harsh cutting things about people over some fun cutesy beats. but there's some skippable filler here that drags the album a fair amount.
somewhat disappointing as a whole when compared to it heights (LDN, Smile), but still solid.
I was also thinking it's kind of like a female answer to the Streets in some regards.
If you've heard the streets, try lily allen, and vice versa.

holy SHIT all the lyrics are in English. Not all grammatically correct, but still.

This is also much better than I was expecting. Hot dog. Ripping now.

Long Season idk

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/tim_buckley/dream_letter__live_in_london_1968/

dj screw- chapter 012: june 27th
big moe- city of syrup
jason lecalleet (as dj lescalleet)- this is what I do vol. 11

It takes some listens to properly sink in brodeo

Koln when
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/大忘杠/wild_tune_stray_rythm/

I don't think this is that great but damn it's pretty interesting.
fine scores on the last two EPs

oh shit i didnt even know this existed
heard it
ty ill check it out
havent heard any of these, thanks

yeah it is alright. She also released some new videos last year but nothing happened :(
youtu.be/NUsRskazXME

>havent heard any of these, thanks
enjoy dude

haha you nerds actually like music

ewwww what do you think we are?

lame?

haha don't be such a dumbo

This is not good coffee music.

I'm lame. Speak for yourself dude.

Cool cover tho

gay

(Term E. Noose told me to do this sorry)

Please recommend a short EP for me to listen to, preferably one I can listen to on Spotify. thanks.

Paul Rooney - Lucy Over Lancashire

my bad, man, I just assume when someone hasn't rated something they haven't heard it.

Minor Threat - s/t

Is banshee considered vaporwave?

been listening to a lot of lil ugly mane, spaceghostpurrp, dean blunt, random vapourware shit

need to continue curating a library that serves to heighten my neet lifestyle ie spending my time indoors reading, exercising, smoking weed & eating well

Marquee Moon review: rateyourmusic.com/collection/regency/rating79503827
I wanted to write a rundown of the title track but can't bring myself to right now

thanks

Sun Ra - Cosmic Tones for Mental Therapy [Saturn Research, 1963] (1st impressions)

Fuck me. Sun Ra knocked it out of the park with this one.
Barely registering on the jazz spectrum, this album could be more aptly described as 'groovy free improvisation' if there ever was a thing.
The out-of-worldly feel is acieved and then some, especially with relation to the percussion and song structure.

Every song is like another world, conjuring up vastly different images and employing new techniques and sounds.
Sun Ra is oddly absent from most of this album, and utilizes himself as another sound in his arsenal rather than a central figure, taking on the role of conductor.
The two sides of this LP are also noticeably different, as though they were separate statements, but still manage to tie together cohesively.

The first side focuses heavily on improvisation, seemingly with little conceived notion of composition.
Adventure-equation is perhaps the most jazz-like track, with bass clarinet and saxophone improvising over a cathartic drum track.
Moon Dance, starting side 2, is a highlight featuring a steady, groovy bassline foundation which is constructed upon by the Arkestra.
The last song is like a proto Can Aumgn, with a very dragged out spacious feel, and drums teetering on the edge of destruction.

Easily one of my favourite Sun Ra pieces to date, and not one to miss out on.
Recommended to fans of: AMM, Can, Don Cherry, or free-improv and avantgarde jazz in general.

9.0 /10

Kek @ this "battle", Ra is shitting on everyone.

help me add to this list

rateyourmusic.com/list/yamir/snuff_jazz-core/

sun ra is best jazzboi

12 minutes

>Ra is shitting on everyone.
no taste alert

>rateyourmusic.com/list/yamir/snuff_jazz-core/
404 user deleted

rateyourmusic.com/list/yamir/snuff_jazz_core/

im never touching discord again

are you trying to tell me this doesn't sound like post-hardcore?

good. pleb

>Ghola - KING
>noise / black metal

A nice piece of blackish noise metal that has a really good "OUT THERE" vibe. It definitely is not a typical black metal experience, hell I heard somewhere that this is the "Trout Mask Replica" of black metal (I really don't know how true this statement is). regardless the music is very abrasive and borderline incoherent, it feels more like a local noise rock act than anything else. Wild 'n' out lofi noise rock but with just enough black metal influence to make the experience sick and oppressively beastly. This has been one hell of a find.

That sounds awesome, backlogged

So Many Tears - s/t
>Rock, rocksteady, dub
>Fishmans side project. Actually kinda decent.
mega.nz/#F!vl5mkZYT!uPnmnD_Ha7LMCMds6oLlzA

Review coming soon maybe

DICKS OUT FOR HAMPUS

More like dicks out for Harampus.

>Home alone on Saturday

Music for this feel?

Highway 61 Revisited. That's what I'm listening to but I think I'll go to a club, buy a table and watch people do dumb shit.

Elliott Smith or something depressing

Jens Lekman - When I Said I Could Be Your Dog
I swear to god I could listen to this dude play mandolin/guitar all day
Maximum comfort twee pop that avoids becoming a little too saccharine sweet, it's very nice

Sufjan Stevens - Seven Swans
Yeah it was fine, as good as Illnoise if not a little better
Didn't expect Sufjan to bring religious subtext into his songs, pretty comfy, liked the female vocals

what next?

Reinbert de Leeuw - Gnossiennes; Gymnopédies; Ogives; Trois sarabandes; Petite ouverture à danser (Erik Satie)

>It's Love
>6
Hmm

Do If Wishes Were Horses

kinda expecting a pan though desu

Hi
Hypnagogic pop guy back with an update:
Mac Demarco's demos are better than his albums!

someone had recs for you
this is me by the way

Guys idk I need some music that I can really like feel throughout my body (going to the gym). Rec me your absolute most visceral music among your favorites. Intense stuff, no baby shit please.

in the last thread? I left to go exercise, I'll go through the archive for it.

dude yes i'm so glad you enjoyed jens! favorite songs?

Cold Swedish Winter, Psychogirl, You are the Light

I listen to these songs a lot when skateboarding:
lil ugly mane- uneven compromise
the bug- fuck a bitch (ft. death grips)
the bug- stampin
the prodigy- stand up
MIA- warriors
wolf parade- i'll believe in anything
geinoh yamashirogumi- kaneda
modest mouse- shit luck

when i would still do exercise, Lightning Bolt - Wonderful Rainbow was the energetic/noisy/repetitive type of thing i needed to heat me up.

oh, and A Higher Power

awesome picks. you're really going to enjoy his album Night Falls Over Kortedala

I tried listening to some indieshit that I liked last year and it's just not the same.

was it really just a phase

do I have to wipe my last.fm now

clyp.it/mgu2sk31
some people in the discord are doing a remix ep of nookie by limp bizkit, here's my harsh noise remix

low effort reviews incoming

>The Feelies - Crazy Rhythms
Very enjoyable. Crazy Rhythms amirite?? 4/5

>Swans - The Great Annihilator
Its Swans but probably the most straight forward rock of the albums I've heard. 3.5/5 might be a 4/5 in the future, I wasn't particularly in the mood for a 1hr+ album.

>Robbie Basho - The Voice of the Eagle
I'm not sure if this is blasphemous but from what I've heard of Basho and Fahey I think I prefer Basho. His voice is a bit over the top and ridiculous but it's so beautiful and works really well, I really connect with his music in a way the Fahey I've listened to hasn't quite managed. This album isn't perfect all the way through but the high points are so high. 4.5/5

What indieshit?

guys remember that time we were gonna cover musical abortions?

we should try revive that, because i just came across THIS:

metal-archives.com/albums/Dead/Musical_Abortions/68742

it has the lyrics for the entire album!!!

So I got a job in the village selling corn for the rest of the summer, starting tomorrow, and I’m looking for music to play during my time there.
I’m looking for a ton of recs that fit this criteria, so feel free to shoot me 30 albums if you want.

1. Rural themed and stripped down. Delta blues, american folk, country, primitivism, etc.

2. NON OFFENSIVE. Not experimental at all. For reference, Neutral Milk Hotel is too experimental.

3. Nothing with brutal recording quality. Robert Johnson is about the cap.

Quality lyrics.

old boots new dirt

>Neutral Milk Hotel is too experimental.
Daniel Bachman - Orange Co Serenade
Abner Jay - True Story of Abner Jay
every fahey album ever
Charlie Schmidt - Xanthe Terra