Will Joanna Newsom ever release another album as good as Ys? What do you think?

Will Joanna Newsom ever release another album as good as Ys? What do you think?

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/cory-everett/on-cinema-paul-thomas-anderson
youtube.com/watch?v=nblf7Yw4jys
fasterlouder.junkee.com/the-avalanches-interview-robbie-chater-2016-wildflower/864236
reddit.com/r/Grimes/comments/4q3o37/other_artists_that_like_grimes/
yahoo.com/music/shirley-manson-on-sexism-today-1446617635495990.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

She already did, it's called Have One On Me.

But she already released it back in 2010 user

As good as Ys? I don't think so. Pretty close tho.

I want her on the lead role in the next Paul Thomas Anderson film

You have not listened to it enough. I was on the same boat.

these
and this

Possibly. It's my least listened album of hers. Maybe because of its length.

Grimes turd impression rly coming along

Not gonna happen. He's gonna feed the fire a little more and have Grimes in his next film and do away with Newsom. Mark my words.

What that even means?

even has teh smell down

>womanlet

Wtf I hate Joanna now

womenlets are best

you just KNOW

that Joanna wouldn't touch that infested Meg pussy with a 40-foot pole? ya you just KNOW

Your Grimes hating is showing. Shame on you, hateful prick.

I can't help it, at least I'm staying out of the general

I honestly expected Joanna to be around 5'6-5'7 and grimes to be about 5'1-5'2.

This pictures melting my mind.

this

At least they're both thin. They have pretty similar bodies. And talent.

bump

good for you

GRIMETH EAT DA POO POO

Eat shit sucker.

>They have pretty similar bodies. And talent.
>And talent.

That's right: and talent.

wouldn't surprise me.

He's been known to have a thing for Sup Forums waifus.

No, not after Divers. She really painted herself in with that record. It is so exclusive to the people who already like her. I'm not saying it's bad, it's just not ambitious at all and doesn't give you anything new to pull you in or entice you in any way. I guess I expect all her records from here on out to be like that, but maybe not as good as what came before it. It's a drag when artists pass their creative prime.

literally the best musician of all time but will never top Ys

Conceptually its the most unified work she's made so far. I mean I still think its her weakest album but I don't agree with it not being ambitious at all. Just because the song structures were more conventional than usual doesn't take away from everything else.

I think her best work is yet to come. In my mind all of her albums have distinct positive qualities to them and if she can manage bring all of them together in some future release she'll have a staggeringly amazing album on her hands.

Divers wasn't as good as ys or hoom, but it's still a solid album

You just KNOW

What?

It

Not really a Paul Thomas Anderson fan, but I'm honestly kinda surprised some sort of collab between him and Grimes hasn't happened already:

>Paul Thomas Anderson describes his influences for "Inherent Vice" and beyond. Films include:
>Police Squad,
>Journey Through The Past (Neil Young film),
>Repo Man,
>North By Northwest,
>Jackie Brown,
>Bitter Tea Of General Yen (Frank Capra)
>& GRIMES 'OBLIVION' VIDEO.
soundcloud.com/cory-everett/on-cinema-paul-thomas-anderson

Interesting: more and more artists like Grimes. Elton John, Tegan and Sara, The Avalanches, M83, Ellie Goulding, St. Vincent, Sky Ferreira, Phantogram, Chvrches, ...

Care to provide sources on any of those? Am building a list...

damn

I'm like 60% sure this mofo is a waifufag.

- Elton John said about Grimes in this video (at 5:50): youtube.com/watch?v=nblf7Yw4jys

- The Avalanches:
>As you grow older, you enter your thirties, you have to fight to keep that spirit alive. It’s easy to slip into routine and lose that spark. That’s part of the music making process, and the role new music plays, being inspired by hearing a new artist and how they go about something. Even if it’s completely stylistically different – the way Grimes just owns her shit, does it all herself with this DIY thing going on. You need that inspiration every day when you sit down to work, to wake you up and shake you up and break you out of your routine.

fasterlouder.junkee.com/the-avalanches-interview-robbie-chater-2016-wildflower/864236

The others are artists that I follow on Twitter and they follow also Grimezsz.

More on Reddit: reddit.com/r/Grimes/comments/4q3o37/other_artists_that_like_grimes/

>The others are artists that I follow on Twitter and they follow also Grimezsz.
Ah... Ok. Yeah - the first two I knew about. Was just wondering if any of the others had mentioned her in writing/interviews.

The only artist I respect from that list is st vincent and I have yet to find a single example of her saying anything positive about grimes. Not that i care much about it anyway tho.

>Posting reddit links in Sup Forums

why is she so qt?

Some of them did, I guess. Just found out about Shirley Manson (the vocalist of Garbage) saying something really sweet about Grimes.

I didn't like HOOM. The pianos sounded like School House Rock

Yeah - knew about Manson too. She's mentioned Grimes several times in recent months.
yahoo.com/music/shirley-manson-on-sexism-today-1446617635495990.html

>I have yet to find a single example of her saying anything positive about grimes
Annie follows Claire on Twitter. Enough said.

Are you being serious?

Fwiw so does Ian McKellen...

She'll never release another album as good as MEM.

she did, it's called Divers. you should check it out.

ignore the HOOM-fags.

>Enough said.

Yes.

BTW, are you autists?

I meant if you are being serious about it being enough as to say that annie likes her but it seems to me you are a bit deluded if you think a twttier follow is worth anything between artists

Arent we all?

I think she likes her. Why would Annie follow an artist if she wouldn't like that artist? Do you follow people you hate?

bump

sehs so perfect

She could have a better voice.

it's not uncommon. I follow people I don't exactly like. I can laugh at them

It's better than Ys.

Have One On Me > Divers > Ys

She married a jew what do you you think?

k

that's what Grimes does lol

You could have a better attitude desu someones just jelly they dont get to suck on those perky lil harp titties desu

She is a jew