ITT: we watch Jack White take vinyl fetishism to new heights by attempting to play to the first vinyl record in space

ITT: we watch Jack White take vinyl fetishism to new heights by attempting to play to the first vinyl record in space

pitchfork.com/news/67194-watch-jack-white-and-third-mans-first-record-in-space-launch/

currently at 19,500 feet.

>space vessel
>named icarus

Not giving pitchfork the views, post if it crashes

i thought these space balloon things are expected to pop after reaching certain altitudes

Is this unreleased boards of canada?

so only 300000 feet to go!

Is he trying to beat Dave Grohl for the title of the biggest dadrocking cunt?

Yes

So how many hours until landing?

IT'S FALLING, LADS.

What's the idea behind this?
It's just gonna sound like complete shit, but really high up in the air. What's the angle here, where's the appeal?

This is stupid as fuck but I kind of like it

what the hell is the point tho

Rockism taken to new heights, literally`

>jack white launches record into the air
>also sends shit ton of speakers on weather ballons he cobbled together from meg's dresses
>play shitty rock really high up very loud. so loud you can faintly hear it from the streets.
nobody really catches on so it travels around the world.
everyone learns the song subconsciously.

jack white is trying to brain wash the world

>As it reached the highest possible heights, the machine played their 2010 single, Carl Sagan’s “A Glorious Dawn.”

Huh, I didn't know this was a thing. My brother loves this Symphony of Science shit, could be a nice birthday present for him.

Now what song is it Jack's brainwashing the world with?

probably some shit entry-level dadrock

This is the gayest thing ever. I like my records, but holy fuck in the past ten years vinyl has become a novelty and it's following is cringey as fuck.

Why there is no physical barrier for space and the atmosphere the agreed upon one is 100 km which the balloon failed to reach, try again Jack.

you can thank jack white for most of that cringe

So... After 94,000 feet, it came down. So it didn't actually play in space? Who cares about them playing a record really high then?