Artists dedicates his life to music and is a really good guy and spends every waking moment thinking about music but...

>artists dedicates his life to music and is a really good guy and spends every waking moment thinking about music but dies before making a light to decent 9/10 album

Maybe he was just shit
Some people are naturally more intelligent and creative than others

>he was only 17 when he died

RIP Jay Reatard ;_;

Blood Visions was a really strong 8 though

>tfw casual pothead
>be in a bad mood and smoke
>get an uncomfortable high
hate this feel I just want to relax

Learn to be comfortable in any state of mind.

just don't smoke for a while

What truly nice people have made truly great music?

Most great musicians seem to be a bit cuntish in one way or another.

Brian Eno?

The weird frontier are all nice people

By great do you mean big/famous or great as in good?

Great as in good, Dave Grohl seems like a great guy and his band is huge, but he's not exactly pushing the boundaries.

>Dave Grohl seems like a great guy
you're kidding right? guys is a massive prick

Is he? I thought everyone loved him?

Not many
Being nice is overrated anyway

John Darnielle. Not sure how you feel about The Mountain Goats, but he appears to be a very genuine person. Maybe a little sarcastic and impatient sometimes, but still.

>artists dedicates his life to music and is a really good guy and spends every waking moment thinking about music but dies right after making a strong 2/10 album

The Mountain Goats are good, but not truly great in the same way that, say, the Velvet Underground is.

I worry this is what's going to happen to Thom Yorke :(

I think anyone who worries about their creativity in comparison to other's will create less stuff.

honestly commit suicide

I just want Thom Yorke and Kanye West to get into a fist-fight, is that too fucking much to ask?

Kurt Cobain was actually a pretty nice guy from what I remembered.

He was pretty nice to fans and spent a lot of time replying to letters.

That's true
Classic example is the Beach Boys vs Beatles rivalry.

The guy is a clod. He shat on Coldplay while graciously accepting their money to work with him.

You have to be when all people do is ask you about some insufferable asshole you had to work with 20+ years ago.

This is true, yes.

The hell does that even mean? He's genuine?

Sounds like me one day desu.

I don't know, I've always viewed Kurt Cobain as a manchild who could only get away with the shit he did because he was hot and made good music.
He was addicted to heroin, ignored/neglected his daughter, and he was pretty much the most powerful person in any relationship he had so no one could really stop him from doing whatever he wanted
I think he also lied to the media about him getting off of heroin right before he died

>lead singer of famous band you're in dies
>create new band that same year

Yeah, he's a cunt.

>implying Thom Yorke hasn't made a 9/10

How is this cuntish? He's an artist and Cobain was kind of a dick anyways. He had every right to move on and try something new.

Dave Grohl would be a nice guy if he didn't help murder Cobain

David Byrne

but that's his only redeeming feature

He was capitalizing off of Nirvana's success without even giving a respectful grace period so that he and the fans could mourn properly.

All he was worried about was a fucking check.

"Capitalizing off Nirvana's success" nobody even know who the fuck he was until Foo Fighters got big.

Yeah the fans needed years to mourn for some asshole rockstar who they didn't even know beyond his devilish voice and MTV.

>the biggest rock band in the world at the time
>implying no one would know who the drummer of said band is

You're so naive it hurts.

especially when it was a trio
Like who can't remember 3 names

If that's the case, I'm guessing even less people are gonna give a shit when you die. Your wife will probably remarry at your funeral.

Herbie Hancock

>implying user isn't gay
>implying anyone will ever be willing to marry user

John Lennon

Oh noes of course you can glean my personality from a Sup Forums shitpost
I bet you were one of the pussies who got triggered when people mocked Genevieve

Everyone is a bit cuntish in one way or another

Nick Drake

Mac Demarco is a pretty nice guy. Really laidback and chill

Bowie

meant to tag

Phil elverum

John Coltrane

so true. would have changed early rock for the better.

not him but this didnt work for me