What drumming school is Zach Hill part of...

What drumming school is Zach Hill part of? I know he drums in a math rock/noise style but that's not all there is too it. He seems to improvise a lot and kind of uses instinctual rhythm patterns. He also lets his sticks bounce a lot. Is he a master of all trades?

He's literally the best drummer in the world right now and has been since 2012

he is self-taught so im not sure if school is the right word. he says he often plays off feeling and cant explain to people what he is doing at times

>since 2012
>memerap loving DG faggot didn't know who Zach Hill was before The Money Store

self taught

Be nice, they've probably not been listening to music before 2012. It's not their fault they're 16

But user, I'm 22 and I knew who Zach hill was before 2012 :^(

>Who is Keith Moon?

Well you are a fucking retard who doesn't not of actual drummers outside of popular bands. Zach is great and unique but there are plenty of academic level drummers above him

>outside popular Music
>academic

pik one m8

But user, I didn't claim that Zach Hill was the best drummer since I'm not the user from before. I'm just another dg fan :^(

name one faggot

Eh. He's good n all. And he did a lot of different stuff for his time. Lots of cymbals and building. But definitely not the best ever.

God damn user, why are you so mean? Look what you've done, he's sad now

Sorry for yelling at you user pls forgive me

Chris Corsano

>come to this thread to read about drumming technique and philosophy
>think maybe I can get some cool insight into Zach Hill's improvisation and natural sense of rhythm
>"avant teen fag lol"
>">being 16 LOL"
>why did I ever expect anything else

Keith moon that is.

lmao done taking your b8

I forgive you user. Here, have an old meme.

zach hill is a poor man's brian chippendale

Hehe

Idc I like Zach but there are many more technically skilled drummers

I'm not saying he's the best ever. I'm saying that's who Zach Hill plays like.

Quick, what's the best Hella album???

Name one drummer post-2010 that has produced something better than this

protip: you can't

Most people will probably say Hold Your Horse Is
I like Church Gone Wild/Chirpin Hard though

It actually is Church Gone Wild

same... sigh.

wanna hear some excellent drumming?

jo jones or jack dejohnette or some elvin or rashid ali

i think zachs great, love face tat, but dont think hes a great rhythmic guy - i mean hes not groovy, he not funky. i suppose what he is is Unconstrained and Non-traditional in what sound can go where. that mixed with massive endurance and an incredible ability to subdivide gives zach his sound to me.

>no replies
uh i mean to say YOURE AN AVANT TEEN FAGGOT

>He seems to improvise a lot and kind of uses instinctual rhythm patterns.
confirmed for never having played drums
literally every drummer does this

i cant speak for the live stuff, but i think it s more accurate to say that he plays pretty densely organized patterns, zones of which allow for a lot of improve. perhaps that is a better description of him generally: the patterns are note by note, but start and end points between which there will be a certain type of content

*arent

He's got a killer foot and monster arms.