Does anyone else feel like this is Radiohead's final album?

Does anyone else feel like this is Radiohead's final album?

Kid A was there last album

>trying to forget Amnesiac
>implying Amnesiac wasn't their peak

No not at all actually

i hope so

Thom's suicide/car crash death is imminent.

>Kid A
>Not even remembering In Rainbows

I bet you don't even listen to the live bootlegs you pleb

if dubs then they will never make an album again

I like that edit

Radiohead will continue to disappoint for years and years

you will remain an autistic faggot for years and years.

So mad

I honestly think LP10 will be their finale, and will include elements from all their previous albums.

So what if they closed out their career with a 10th album that was like Pablo Honey Again? full circle?

I really hope not, I've been enjoying this album very much. Sad tunes, but I guess when it conveys emotion is when you know music is good.

No, there has to be one more....one more that doesn't have unused b-sides from their entire career.

It'd get universal perfect scores for "being innovative"

honestly, radiohead peaked at pablo honey. nothing else after could live up to it.

>lp10 will be their final
continuing with the binary code thing from Ok Computer/In Rainbows eh?

kekek this.

Except Lift. I think we need lift, it should be the closer of LP10.

Fucking Jonny said they were reworking it

They're fucking awful live lmao in rainbows had 3 good songs

>and will include elements from all their previous albums

Hail to the Thief 2 confirmed.

Radiohead is all I've been able to listening to lately, girl problems and stupid things I've been caught up in.. I've had some healing sessions with this album

The only actually old songs on AMSP are True Love Waits and Burn The Witch, and the latter never got a proper composition or performance before this record so much as it's just been soft teased for 15 years. The next oldest is The Present Tense and that song is only like 7 or 8 years old, shit was IR era. Everything else is post-TKOL. So more or less, True Love Waits is the only "unused B-side" here.

I really want this, was anyone else hoping for something more in the vein of hail to the thief from lp9 after hearing burn the witch?

YES

HOLY SHIT YES

I'm an HTTTfag and Burn The Witch is my second favorite on the album because it sounds straight from that era, but with more strings.

Oh shit

This

I don't know why the fuck they haven't used it yet it could be their best song. Although it wouldn't have fit of amsp imo

Trips confirm buoy

No, I was hoping for anything from Ok Computer to In Rainbows. Everything since HTTT feels like them loosing their edge and trying to find it with hints of what WAS good in them leaking through, same with this album. Would rather a magnum opus of Ok Computer, Amnesiac and In Rainbows. Not to say that HTTT and the rest are BAD albums, just not good as a whole like the rest were.

I think OKC came through on this album a little with Decks Dark, Amnesiac with Tinker Tailor, and Daydreaming being a natural progression of In Rainbows' direction.

>An album full of failed leftovers from Kid A
>Their best
Literally lmao'ing at your life, kid

Not only is Amnesiac not Kid A leftovers (the band themselves have deconfirmed that), but honestly I'd say the two do something rather different. Kid A was a cold and paranoid affair that saw the band march into genre-bending territory. Amnesiac is less cold but more bleak, and took Kid A's ambition and brought it back into more alt rock territory with a bit more of a jazz influence. They really aren't the same kind of record, they were just made at the same time.

Decks Dark was one of the few songs I liked off of this album, I see hints of In rainbows in daydreaming, and I think the WRONG parts of Amnesiac came out in Tinker Tailor. A majority of the album felt like Thom trying to mix his solo stuff with renditions of Faust Arp and Weird Fishes, which are I think the lesser part of In Rainbows.

dad

Yeah, I mean I still love what we got but btw had me so excited. What's your favorite then?

Interesting, it's funny that you think they lost their edge in httt, it's my favorite because to me it feels like the culmination of everything they'd done up until that point - the perfect marriage of guitar from okc and electronic elements from kid a.

Weird Fishes is my favorite from IR so I've gotta disagree on it being lesser but now that you mention it I do see a comparison as that track had a very layered progression of a crescendo which kinda does sound like proto-AMSP. That's what I love about both this record and that song, though - the very layered, dreamlike progressions that pretty much every track features. I do think IR is more of a straightforward pop record, albeit a very well formed one, but to me I much prefer AMSP's direction. Also, what do you mean by "the WRONG parts of Amnesiac"? I honestly think Tinker Tailor could slot right in alongside tracks like I Might Be Wrong or Pyramid Song.

Bleh, I had a brain fart there at the end. Meant to say You and Whose Army instead of I Might Be Wrong - that track sounds MUCH more like Tinker Tailor.

Glass Eyes. The social anxiety feels are too real, man.

hopefully they won't tarnish their legacy more than they already have.

Don't get me wrong HTTT has some good songs but it's about half and half for me. Half of it's good half of it is just forgettable for me.

What I mean by the wrong parts of amnesiac is that it feels like a pallid imitation of say, Packt Like Sardines... (which I didn't care for anyway) or Kid A's In limbo. The Gloaming even but I don't see the comparison of it to I Might Be Wrong or Pyramid Song.

This album is profoundly depressing. In a way that Hospice or HANL can't touch. Most albums that are known for being depressing have alot of emotional depth to them, with a narrative, and ideas, and that's fine... But AMSP? It's lack of energy, it's hopelessness, literally everything about the album is the embodiment of major depressive disorder. It lacks color, in the best possible way.

I truly believe it's one of the most direct representations of a mental disorder I've heard from a full album.

I am worried for Thoms mental health.

I know this album isn't crazy loved here like some of their other work, and I know objectively the album doesn't deserve the praise I give it, but personally It really gets me off. Idk.

I feel like Tinker Tailor is a straight throwback to both the dark atmosphere of Amnesiac and its lushest moments. Thematically it could perhaps be more HTTT but even that record wasn't terribly far removed from Amnesiac's sensibilities so much as it was just a hair more political about it.

>It lacks color, in the best possible way.

The album sounds like its cover if you ask me, and I think that's great. Each song has this sort of shimmering, liquid flow to them, the amorphous shapes and splashes on the art feel evocative of the compositions, and I'll be damned if this isn't a moonlit night record if there ever was one.

With the Exception of Pull/Pul, Hunting Bears and Pack like Sardines I think Amnesiac is amazing.

I still stand by that I think AMSP heavily takes from tracks like Weird Fishes. The tracks Desert Island Disk, The Numbers, Present Tense and a little of Glass Eyes feel almost like reworks of this song and the others similar to it on In Rainbows. I even liked the original live Acoustic version of True Love Waits but on this it feels kind of Bland

Only because Thom's gonna fucking kill himself any day now.

radiohead's next album will be the final album and it will be self titled

Will be called "Radiodead"

Completely agree, it was a great choice in art. The sound space used on alot of the tracks are very fluid, with little harshness or interruption of pacing. Very stark contrast to some of their other music.

lol ikr :^)

And I agree on Weird Fishes, I just think that's a good thing. As for True Love Waits, context really makes that one. Thom's not the young, starry-eyed man he was when he first wrote the song. It's been over 20 years and, considering both his recent breakup and the general tone of the album, the version found on this album is emotional devastating. It's no longer any sort of playful, it's like he's actually begging her to not leave. I also like the looped piano rhythms as it's a callback to TKOL's looped progressions. I also got that out of much of Present Tense's detail.

The beginning of Daydreaming I enjoyed, Decks Dark, Ful Stop and Identikit and I wish it was more centered around that. I hope in the next album it is less "ballady", less like songs I feel like Thom doesn't even need the rest of the band to play and is the perfect fusion of all their styles and we'll all be able to agree that it's a masterpiece.

In terms of sound what do you guys think it will be similar to?

I don't really care for HTTT, I'm hoping for something from the brtipop era with minor Amnesiac and TKOL elements imo

The back half of Daydreaming is also very Weird Fishes-esque, and also a good example of those TKOL-esque loops coming back. The songs you've listed are the more straightforward compositions on an album that seems to shoot for an amorphous, dreamlike feeling most of the time. Well, Burn The Witch is also in the vein of those songs as well I suppose. That said, I get what you mean with the "ballady" bit - if anything, I can see the album being too easy on the ears with its pacing. It very rarely quickens its pulse.

Kinda hard to say. I didn't think the band had much left to say after IR - for all its experimential approaches TKOL was basically a more rhythmic post-Amnesiac Radiohead album - but AMSP blew my expectations away with its crazy attention to textural detail. I don't know what it could be but I'm not writing them off after this one.

I don't mind slower melodic songs, I liked Nude, and Faust Arp (not as much, but more than Weird Fishes), I Will. Glass Eyes reminds me of Go Slowly

Well, it's less that they're slower and more melodic and more that they're very intricately layered, the instrumentation some sort of softly chaotic as they all sort of do their thing over one another. It creates this textured soundscape that's...floaty, for lack of a better word. A lot of these songs sound like I'm floating on clouds or something, and Weird Fishes always sounded like I'm just sprawled out underwater or something. It's a very similar feeling to me, now that you've pointed out the comparison.

This desu

It just depends I guess, Reckoner makes me feel like I'm falling from a great height, or perhaps raining down. Or flying. Spinning Plates literally makes me feel that objects are spinning around me with a darkened background, With Nude I kind of get that floating feeling, but in a saddening way.

To me, Nude sounds like the sun rising on another day where everything will go wrong and nothing you can do will change it. That's a song to fucking kill yourself to, I swear.

No, it seems like they just make an album whenever they feel like it. There's not a lot of pressure this late in their career and they seem to enjoy getting together to make albums. Maybe they'll stop touring after AMSP but even that I doubt.

Agreed, Nude is the song to kill yourself to. That or of course, No Surprises. Nude is very bleak though, "don't get any big ideas, they're not gonna happen" jesus, it's like saying, why even have dreams?

No Surprises is also a good one for this. You know, if Thom wrote Nude all those years ago and is still alive today, I think he'll make it through whatever he's working through on AMSP. Like, goddamn is Nude a downer.

Sometimes it's alll the wrong place wrong time. if i had a gun at my disposal sometimes, I'd probably not be here.

>not seeing the irony in forgetting amnesiac
also in rainbows was objectively the best desu

>tfw LP10 is their last album and ends with a remix of Creep with Jonny's orchestral strings and electronic elements combined
Cheesy as fuck but I'd still love it