Last time I asked I only got a few recs. What is the most disturbing/scariest album you've heard?

Last time I asked I only got a few recs. What is the most disturbing/scariest album you've heard?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u6iCUOX3ULU
youtube.com/watch?v=vRObLtUQtgE
youtube.com/watch?v=nID6Max8cpw
youtube.com/watch?v=1xKdKaAjw-o
youtube.com/watch?v=ok454hznwoc
youtube.com/watch?v=ex5TfURsvBY
youtube.com/watch?v=8_dXp0eF8s0
youtube.com/watch?v=UZlZuYp1fZc
youtube.com/watch?v=fSgEGKonGzg
youtube.com/watch?v=LgtisIQtcqg
youtube.com/watch?v=9W2Z4CTGsCk
youtube.com/watch?v=N6ksgIFxIhg
youtube.com/watch?v=BCIqVlELCts
youtube.com/watch?v=8FUTCngCkiI
youtube.com/watch?v=AxE4yITfRLo
m.youtube.com/watch?v=uBdLidW3aTg
youtube.com/watch?v=M3vJd2YfZ5A
youtube.com/watch?v=QNcZ74umckQ
locrian.bandcamp.com/album/the-crystal-world
youtube.com/watch?v=GHukksYAy00
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/john_duncan/pleasure_escape/
youtu.be/MXDvR0jK0X8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

there's nothing that fucks with me like Hamburger Lady

i really don't want to listen to or think about that ever again

Throbbing Gristles music doesn't really strike me as all that frightening, it's definitely super atmospheric and moody though. I hope I can see them live one day

you've never heard that song before have you? you have no idea what song i'm even talking about, do you?

Still trips me out, space truly is the most terrifying yet beautiful thing ever.

Wintherr, the guy in paysage, is also in another band called darkspace which you might find just as terrifying.

I actually like numbers station broadcasts.

I am just here to say that I shit my pants the first time I heard Merzbow

gettin rough

El Khela by Amon.
youtube.com/watch?v=u6iCUOX3ULU

If you're into disturbing atmoblack check out GGUW, the vocals are this inhuman-sounding wailing, something about it gets under my skin more than any other metal

I've heard their entire discography, what are you on about. 20 Jazz Funk Greats is one of my favorite albums of all-time, I was considering putting that as the thread pic

Probably xasthur, dude was fucked up back when he was making black metal. Warning, edgy song title inbound. youtube.com/watch?v=vRObLtUQtgE

youtube.com/watch?v=nID6Max8cpw

youtube.com/watch?v=1xKdKaAjw-o

Ahhh I love Darkspace

youtube.com/watch?v=ok454hznwoc
not so much the whole album but this song shouldn't exist

this is actually pretty good

lol

I heard this a while back
youtube.com/watch?v=ex5TfURsvBY

That Primordial Gods shit, shout out to Tim and Shim for their stupid fucking arg

the second-to-last track on Suicide's debut LP, Frankie Teardrop, scared the shit out of me the first time I heard it

youtube.com/watch?v=8_dXp0eF8s0

Classic

AHHH

This album is honestly terrifying. The vocals sound so tortured and horrifying. The singer was admitted into a mental hospital shortly after the albums release I believe.

youtube.com/watch?v=UZlZuYp1fZc

portal is pretty sick desu

youtube.com/watch?v=fSgEGKonGzg

this is so fucking good

Thanks for all the recs guys, I'll be listening to all of them

>le epic cake is le lie!!1!
>>>/reddit/

This might be cheating

portal is probably one of the more unnerving metal bands out there, good pick

>"We're all Frankies"

maybe, but obligatory

can't pick just one record, but Gnaw Their Tongues. Holy shit.

Hey if that's allowed then I nominate the Jonestown mass suicide tape.

Thanks for showing me this

ahhh im listening to Telepathic with the Deceased as we speak. good stuff.

Here is some more stuff i'll rec.
>Eraserhead Soundtrack
youtube.com/watch?v=LgtisIQtcqg

>Zero Kama - Secret eye of L.A.Y.L.A.H.
youtube.com/watch?v=9W2Z4CTGsCk

>Satanicum Tenebrae - Voices Of The Dark Call Me To Suffer
youtube.com/watch?v=N6ksgIFxIhg

>Die Sonne Satan - Fac Totum
youtube.com/watch?v=BCIqVlELCts

>Mortaur - Horror Vacui
youtube.com/watch?v=8FUTCngCkiI

Portal is legitimately a great game tho

Remember seeing one of these threads a year ago or so, which had some super cool ambient song off of youtube. But somehow I lost the video link. It had a black and white photo of a gargoyle, I don't suppose that'd give anyone a possible idea of what I'm thinking of?

Oh shit nevermind, I was and looking for the last song you posted. Thank you!

also since i've been listening to it, the 1979 nosferatu soundtrack by Popul Vuh has its unsettling moments.

youtube.com/watch?v=AxE4yITfRLo

(i agree)

this is what should be shown to people who think The Haxan Cloak's music is disturbing

I'm into it

Hm, never heard of him. If you want more of a gloomy/fantasy twist that some of its horror elements, try era I mortiis.

The cockfighter by Scott walker was one song that alway legitimately scared me when I put it on. Doesn't happen that often.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=uBdLidW3aTg

This album. One of the most terryfying albums I've heard.

youtube.com/watch?v=M3vJd2YfZ5A

or the genre of dungeon synth in general

true

Man, I really gotta get into his discography!

thanks user, the Europeans never disappoint.

I couldn't get into his pop stuff, but I loved tilt and Bisch Bosch. Also the album he did with sunn has some great moments.

sadly they do

His record with Sunn is the only one I'm completely familiar with and I'm really into it.

I'm a big metalhead but these guys make really jarring, unsettling stuff... so much so that I barely listen to them even though I really like them. Dissonant, bleak stuff. I have to be in quite the mood.

>okay, christmas present flag.
at least you try

not unsettling, but more depressing.

true, shits harsh.

This is the closer for the album Flow, which has a much different tone
Foetus - Kreibabe
This song is about a pedophile dealing with his actions
youtube.com/watch?v=QNcZ74umckQ

Fantomas - Delirium Cordia

Fucking creepy as all hell. Lots of use of stethoscopic recordings, heartbeats n shit

I'm going to get buttblasted for le game music, and it's not as bad as some of the other stuff posted here, but the soundtrack for OFF has some weird shit on it that's pretty atmospheric and heavy.

Shut the fuck up, you useless cunt.

>tfw you're browsing this thread at 2:30 am and you need to go to bed soon

>music is le scary xd
I bet you refuse to open "scary" gifs too, you fucking cretin

locrian.bandcamp.com/album/the-crystal-world

Im listening to it. Most of it it is interesting but some of it has really given me a good spooking. I go 0-100 in terms of spook, it either does nothing or I'm probably going to have trouble sleeping.

>DAE MUSIC IS SCARY NO SLEEP 2NITE XDD

I don't understand how music can be actually scary, I understand it can be suspenseful but I have never actually been scared because of how a song sounded.

Seconded. Too scared to listen to this at night and it just doesn't feel right listening to it during the day.

2001: A Space Odyssey soundtrack can get pretty scary. Specifically the song that plays when humans first see the monolith on the moon.

You've never listened to a song that that makes you feel like there's someone else in the room with you, watching you?

I personally feel like that when I listen to Swans a lot and it's a very unsettling feeling

This is decently spooky.

What do you think of the old god, we call him judas?

Hamburger Lady isn't a scary song, it's just based on a story that's scary on its own.

Too bad they broke up pretty hard.

>inb4 le edgy boogeyman

Anyway, this album is probably my favorite when it comes to industrial music. It's eerie, disturbing and noisy.

This spooks me bretty good

Stalaggh - Projekt Terror

This release saw this Dutch & Belgian, black metal/noise outfit take recordings of a mental institute and put it over some extreme drumming and harsh noise.
Essentially, one of the band members worked in an asylum and was given permission to make some recordings of the patients in a large, abandoned warehouse, cluttered with some various objects. The result was the the patients making all sorts of hellish noises, and quite frankly the most disturbing piece of music I've ever heard.

Link at the bottom if anyone is interested. Shitty quality, but you get the idea. I have a version I can upload if anyone is desperate too.

youtube.com/watch?v=GHukksYAy00

>I'm cool because I feel nothing

Only time I've been "disturbed" for real

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/john_duncan/pleasure_escape/

I agree.
It really isn't that scary, desu. Just what it makes you think of

Not really scary but more of the disturbing/sad feeling to this album. Comparing this to his other solo material and how normal and tame his 00's work, this album(and Smile from the Streets You Hold) just shows how drugs fuck up your writing and singing ability. God i love this album.

well that was something. Scary yet somehow interesting

Which album/"""""song""""", montie?

In a campy sort of way that I really enjoy.

one of my favourite groups.
2 perfect albums and one near perfect, alongside a near perfect EP.

kind of chilling at times, other times it feels like a warm hug in my opinion

I'm willing to admit this album really gets to me at times, and I have no idea why.

OP here, I've never really been frightened by music in my life. That's why I needed some recs from people on this board since most of y'all are fucked up. And I think I've found some chilling stuff

These 2 albums, also Ruins of Beverasts' rain upon the impure after I had a bad trip while listening to it

pussy

probably because you're a pussy

I'm not sure if the album was posted already or not, but I remember a thread like this where someone posted an album that contained howls from insane asylum occupants recorded in some old cathedral. I can't remember the name of it though

This motherfucker is freak out.

Not what you requested, but you reminded me about the fact that Dan included 'genuine' EVP samples throughout the s/t Giles Corey album. Wasn't particularly creepy but it was a nice touch.

...And this motherfucker.

Hey, you're thinking of

Ahhhh fuck no wait, my bad that's not right

Ok very sorry bout that, but I'm pretty sure this is what you were thinking of
youtu.be/MXDvR0jK0X8

Not the scariest, but a fairly spooky album I heard recently.