Is he right Sup Forums?

Is he right Sup Forums?

youtube.com/watch?v=gi3qC_zQ4Po

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zlv9-X3owjk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

he has a ted poster on his wall, im not sure he's fit to make statements about art like that

I haven't watched the video, but music is essentially a codified system of enjoyable sounds that evokes emotion most likely by simulating emotive speech patterns.
Noise is defined as essentially unwanted sound - anything outside the codified system of music, and just generally any sounds we tend to find unpleasant.
Based on this, Brutal Death Metal and Deathcore are clearly music. They fit squarely into codified musical sound patterns. Grindcore on the other hand incorporates noise elements, making its musical position slightly less definitive. That said, those noise elements tend to be minor, and even when they are brought in, though they are sometimes used to make the music more "challenging", just as often they're used for emotional catharsis, to create a horror-like atmosphere, or to emphasize the musicality of songs as a counterpoint. So I'd say grindcore still sits comfortably in the music camp.

Note that while I am not a fan of any of these genres, I do have some respect for grindcore.

I don't even likedeathcore that much and I'm still triggered holy shit

>rhythms and melodies played by instruments for enjoyment
>not music

This is him

The guy did little to no research and disorganized facts to make his points seem valid.
Anal cunt as a comedy band, yet he claims they are dead serious.
The part with abominable putridity he has the lyrics go by way too fast to make them look more disorganized.
The guy makes lots of bold statements and often refuses to follow up on them
The guys main points can be summed up as "I can't understand what they're saying, therefore it's not music!" FYI, if you can't get past that, you have no business listening to any of the music
He calls fans of the genre retarded and uncultured despite having a poster of 'Ted' on the wall behind him.
The guy is a idiot, no argument.

>Dream Theater

Said the guy who's favorite movies are ted and fucking paranorman

>oh look, another pathetic 30-something year old loser who feels that his opinions somehow matter to this world!

Why are white people are so fucking embarrassing?

>Dream fucking Theater

>83,737 subscribers

i didn't care much about this video. it was kinda just funny to watch and laugh at this dude

but in another video he said carly rae jepsen is shit so that triggered me

granted it was from back in like 2012 or whatever

I only listen to like 5 grindcore bands and still felt triggered

music is self-expression through manipulation of sound. regardless of how "pleasant" it is. straight noise is much, as are field recordings and drone pieces

Cute

>dream theater t-shirt

I don't really listen to any grindcore, just some entry level stuff that I enjoy, and it still annoyed me. He's wrong, I could say why but I'm sure others have done it better than I ever could.

he looks like a pedophile version of joey salads

>One to two chord notes
>With incredibly low distortion

Oh god pmrants. I haven't watched in forever. And yes, he is right.

Was just about to say that. Thanks user.

>X is not music
No, he's wrong. They're always wrong.

Fuck you pleb

TRIGGERED

the guy likes dream theater.

i think that speaks for itself.

>ted
>looper

what the fuck this is killing me hahaha

literally nothing he said was inaccurate

youtube.com/watch?v=zlv9-X3owjk

He's the same idiot who made this video

Holy fuck its LSR before he went full anarchismo.

So, basically, grindcore isn't music, but prog metal is the highest form of art.
Dude's an idiot, and a pretentious manchild who needs to grow up.
That's all the words he deserves.

Saying Carly Ray Jepsen's is shit in 2012 is acceptable. Emotion was her first good album

This.

> "THIS is real music"
> Plays Kamelot

>ranting about stuff you don't understand/dislike
gtfo

He's a faggot but deathcore and slam still suck

STFU nerd, slam's bitchin'

>dream theater shirt
fuck off my man.

i actually kek'd out loud with the "this is music" examples

Sad to think I used to think something like this but that was when I was 14
he's what? in his mid twenties?