That's one for each year alright.

saving this thread for good

roller trio

>qt
>plays sax
>into bondage
sign me up

good thread

If you guys haven't checked out the newest Bill Evans compilation released this year, I recommend it.

Hell I just typed up a detailed reason on why this album is fine but doesn't deserve the shit it gets. Oh well.
tl;dr is that Washington isn't really a super talented player, so it doesn't really warrant the praise it gets, but it also doesn't warrant the hate it gets just because it is popular. It's good jazz, and there are some great deliveries on this album. He plays with some pretty talented cats, too. I saw them live for the tour of this and the keyboardist and bass player are on another level. Washington himself gave a better performance too. (And his dad also appeared to play, which was really neat)

>cats
It always makes me cringe that people feel the need to do this.

Some jazz influences =/= jazz

This is a great one if you guys missed it. Joshua Redman teamed up with The Bad Plus to deliver a slightly avant-garde album with excellent delivery. It's different from most of Redman's work (especially his earlier work) but it's really beautiful.

Aside - I saw Joshua Redman with the Bad Plus live. Redman is my personal jazz hero and got me into jazz and playing it in the first place. I got to meet him, and I literally spaghetti'd all over the floor.

Slips out of me once in a while. That's what happens when most of the people you learned jazz from were old guys who said it all the time.

youtube.com/watch?v=hTbDrSuZTmE

I dig this one, but it's a little difficult to trackdown. It's a small jazz quartet from Sweden (Yes!) with an amazing vocalist present. What really sold me on this is a few tracks play with various time signatures, which I'll admit is my favorite thing in jazz when executed properly. Some really talented players on it, and while it may not not you out of your socks, it's an enjoyable album that is lesser known.

Song above was on an IB music exam that took me a good year or so to find the source on, because the dumbshits at IB wouldn't reveal the information about it, and searching lyrics at the time didn't yield anything about it.

I'll have to listen to that one, enjoyed pic related.

finding images is dumb so

>Sullivan Fortner - Aria
>Kenny Barron and Dave Holland - The Art of Conversation
>Ran Blake - Vilius Noir
>Peter Evans Quintet - Ghosts
>Great on Paper self-titled
>Anything Vijay Iyer
>Anything Joel Fraham
>Anything Jacob Collier

elnegocito.bandcamp.com/album/twice-left-handed-shavings

I'll stop for now but hopefully this thread gets more replies.
And I'll have to listen to that one.

Jerome Sabbagh - The Turn

Personnel: Jerome Sabbagh: tenor saxophone; Ben Monder: guitar; Joe Martin: bass; Ted Poor: drums.

ima have to get this one, I love Sex (the album)

That's cool

tumblrcore

YES

way better

Vijay Iyer is tumblrcore?

don't forget about this one

Holy shit Conrad Herwig is a master

speaking of trombones, here's a good one

all good

pretty much all of Mats Gustaffson's stuff
that Vijay Iyer + Wadada Leo Smith record
the last ches smith record too