How do I get into Nick Cave?

How do I get into Nick Cave?

Listen to The Good Son

Early Cave - The Firstborn is Dead
Middle Cave - The Boatman's Call
Late Cave - Abattoir Blues/The Lyre of Orpheus

Thats a rough guide Ive enjoyed pretty much everything hes put out that Ive heard, check his other early band The Birthday Party as well

>The Firstborn Is Dead
No.

thanks so far!

No one has mentioned Henry's Dream? I dissapoint

The holy trinity;

The Good son
Tender Prey
Henry's Dream

Then, if you want darker and gloomer, go backwards chronologically. I f you want darker but with a tongue in cheekyness, go forward chronologically.

If you want less gloom, less darkness, less humour, The Boatman's call and Nocturama

If you dont care for none of the above and just want solid songs regardless of the theme, Abbatoir Blues/Orpheus and Dig Lazarus dig!

Tender Prey

HARD ON FOR LOVE

>The First Born Is Dead
>Firstborn literally dies

fuck that shit if you want the real stuff listen to birthday party

Grinderman 2

Listen to Leonard Cohen, read the bible, get into poetry, develop a heroin addiction, etc

The birthday party's live album

spelunking

I know he's not the most conventionally attractive guy but he's so dreamy

>Early Cave - The Firstborn is Dead
No.

He was pretty conventionally attractive in his youth.

The first thing I heard by him was Let Love In and it remains my favorite. So give that a go.

Your Funeral, My Trial and Boatman's Call are essential cave. If you're a fan of his louder raunchy stuff, then listen to Prayers on fire and the first Bad Seeds album.

Birthday Party is all you need

The Firstborn is Dead is pretty meh.

>If you're a fan of his louder raunchy stuff, then listen to Prayers on fire and the first Bad Seeds album.

If you're a fan of his louder, raunchy stuff, why wouldn't you listen to The Birthday Party, or hell, even Grinderman?

Also, if OP is trying to get into Nick Cave, how would they know if they're a fan of his louder, raunchy stuff?

Listen to RHCP

Peaky blinders

I started listening to Cave after having listened to The Birthday Party so just go ahead and jump in headfirst into that inaccessible gangbang

Prayers on fire is a Birthday Party album...also if they listen to a track on youtube or some shit,

Take count pass m, my georgian friend. #hehathlainwithnickwhobeofcave