Philippines

Hey guys,

I'm going to Philippines next week for 8 days.

What should I see?
What should I avoid? I already know that Mindanao is not the best choice for tourists.
Are the people nice there?
Should i check something special when it comes to cuisine?

Any tips?

Avoid Mindanao unless you're US military or CIA, do not fall for the Davao meme (the two Leafs and Norwegian were kidnapped there and two of them were beheaded)

Stay away from Manila, if you want to experience what a third world city is like just go to Malaysia and/or Thailand. Makati is the best city but still is a third world city by all means.

If you're white you're essentially a walking demigod

Cuisine is an acquired taste, you need a lead belly and titanium intestines to eat street food here

If you're lonely, all your friends are in Angeles banging cheap hookers

Cab drivers will openly rip you off, even the official airport ones but not as much

Every person in a tourist place will try to rip you off

What you say about Palawan? Worth visiting?

Yes it is worth visiting

It is a giant tourist trap though, both foreigners and local alike

>What should I see?
Palawan, Davao, Bohol, Boracay, Tagaytay. 8 days is a short time. i suggest go to cebu airport and get a travel package in bohol island(dunno how you do it). but if you are alone, just spend your time in metro manila and eat on every restaurant, hangout on big ass malls.

>What should I avoid? I already know that Mindanao is not the best choice for tourists.
Mindanao is a no go(unless you are CIA or with bodyguards), further south you go the more muslim it get means more crime and terrorists. If you see a shanty town nearby, keep your eye up for snatchers and pickpockets. or just keep an eye for pickpockets 100% of the time.

>Are the people nice there?
you are a technically a walking money they will definetly will nice for you, keep an eye ou for scammers. youll have no problem on language barriers since most can understand English.

>Should i check something special when it comes to cuisine?
i like bicol express and sisig. you should check it out.

>Any tips?
Do not, i repeat DO NOT get a taxi on airports in NAIA. 100% scam
bus, uber or taxi.

remove davao.

Airport taxis are far more reliable than random taxis

Buses are tedious and not all foreigners are willing to sit beside a ton of poor people

There are also places to go north of metro manila.

This

Angeles City, Pampanga
Subic Freeport Zone, Zambales
Olongapo City, Zambales

but its expensive

from the naia 3 to guadalupe costs like 800 pesos
premium airport bus is 300 i think
and normal buses to pasay is 30

>expensive
Not for foreigners especially first worlders

Why take the chance to get screwed when there is a much safer option?

>Avoid Mindanao unless you're US military or CIA, do not fall for the Davao meme (the two Leafs and Norwegian were kidnapped there and two of them were beheaded)
>Mindanao is a no go(unless you are CIA or with bodyguards), further south you go the more muslim it get means more crime and terrorists. If you see a shanty town nearby, keep your eye up for snatchers and pickpockets. or just keep an eye for pickpockets 100% of the time.

Why is this?

Mindanao is a shithole beyond measure

It's like your border with Afganistan

malaysian terrorist destabilize that region

its like our version of kashmir

But why CIA? Even CIA doesn't go to places here you mentioned and only sends drones.

thanks guys

CIA bombs the bad Muslims and pays off the tribal leaders so they won't go Allah snackbar

CIA have been false flag bombing mindanao to have a casus belli for flip military to deploy military there and let US build drone bases. look zamboanga airport for example its full of us drones.

>CIA have been false flag bombing mindanao
Nice try Ahmed.

We just like to think we are special and relevant for the CIA
And tryhard and blame them for our own mess

>We just like to think we are special and relevant for the CIA
>he does not know
>he never read Wikileaks

Visayas
Malapascua Island - Thresher Shark diving.
Kalanggaman Island - Probably the closest to a desert island experience you'll have without dying.

But nah man, it's in the middle of the rainy season here right now, been raining almost daily. Great thing about it is that the places I mentioned will barely have any people, on the other hand - it will probably rain.

use condom, the women will try to fuck you and get pregnant to get out or make you pay them

Or even worse: they may force you to take them back with you, and you will have to support her entire extended family.

Just saying.

This. Holy fuck, this.

Thankfully, I saw this coming and also made sure to hide the used condoms.

How would they be able to find out who you are?

Prepare to be personally beheaded by Duterte American scum