Are you from New York?

I thought Jack and Meg White were siblings

So did my mum

BUT NEW YORK CARES

I actually thought they were Canadian.

I'm a cali boi but ny is nice

Paul Banks is English though

Hol' up, they aren't related?

He was born in England, but he was raised in America I believe. Daniel was as well.

I've heard people say that they thought The Killers were English. Brandon Flowers even said that he sounded English because he used to sing along to Morrissey in his car, but I've never heard what they're talking about.

Same with Robert Pollard from Guided by Voices. The guy literally has a lyric where he says 'I've got a fake English accent' but he just sounds American to me.

Although I'm pretty sure that in the song 'Chloe in the Afternoon' by St Vincent she pronounces it 'Ahfternoon' like an English person.

Married. He met her in a bar, asked her if she wanted to be in a band even though she didn't play an instrument. He took her surname.

For Against

youtube.com/watch?v=MGlPm1o5Z2Q

IDK why but Led Zeppelin

wait what

No they aren't. Their brand of post-punk is far more similar to the British stuff than the American one. They wouldn't be so goddamn boring if their style was more American.

Honestly thought they were until like last year

Interpol is literally New York: The Band

Are you retarded?

What are you guys talking about?! Interpol's the definitive Manchester band. Their singer is pretty much the saint of Manchester at this point, and Interpol are basically the root of what eventually blossomed into Manchester's alt-dance rave scene.

you mean reatarded

>Interpol are basically the root of what eventually blossomed into Manchester's alt-dance rave scene.

You mean The Happy Mondays.

Turns out they're Welsh

You don't know anything about New York. Interpol is what it's like feeling alienated in an urban landscape at night. It fits for Manhattan, sure, but it fits just as well for London, Tokyo, or any other gigantic city.

The bands that really capture New York's flavor are groups like the The Dictators or Ambulance LTD

TVU and sonic youth are literally new york: the band

>tfw I always thought that Motorhead were Americans

Happy Mondays would've never happened without Interpol applying a house/EDM beat to post-punk. They were the originals.

holy shit I only found out because of your post

brian jonestown massacre

Crystal Castles

Probably because they're so ugly and dirty looking.

It's actually pretty in the middle. TOTBL basically sounded like Ian Curtis singing for Television.

The music of Interpol sounds more like The Chameleons than anything else, at least in my opinion

I was blown away when I found out they were Irish