Post bands you stopped listening to because they went mainstream

Post bands you stopped listening to because they went mainstream

I don't give a flying shit about Tame Impala or their artistic integrity but there's no way you're older than 14 OP

>mainstream

its about as mainstream as wolfmother

>giving a shit about music popularity

why do people feel the need to show how obscure their taste is? why do you have to make music socially serve you? this is why i cant stand normies

I like having things only I like. if you don't like how I live my life
leave my thread

if you're going to post in sub forum about music, it helps to actually, y'know, LIKE music and not just the status it brings you.

But hopefully you'll figure that out after you turn 18

are you a literal retard? seriously whoever does this is wannabe fake hipster garbage

None, because I'm not a fucking idiot.

If you seriously push your "i'm different and I need to listen to music other people don't listen" agenda anywhere else other than an anonymous imageboard you're a fucking tool

even here it makes you a tool, but I agree

im fine with being a tool
now leave my thread

but the people calling you a tool are the only people posting in your dumb. stupid, very bad thread

Hating something because its popular is just as faggy liking something just because others like it, i hope you're underage because if not then you're just a retard OP.

>inb4 get out of my thread

fag

As*

go spread your negavitiy elsewhere

>tripfag says views is better than IYRTITL in one thread
>pretends to be anything other than a contrarian prick in another
Leave this board already

nigga you made a thread bashing a fine band because they're popular

i didn't bash. also stop using the N word
ugh this board is so cynical and problematic

weezer were always mainstream

I would never have listened to Tame Impala before or after they got popular. I listen to rips of Indonesian prog rock cassettes and other weird shit with only 150 views on youtube all day. I still think OP is a fucking faggot.

I actually found myself enjoying a 5 Seconds Of Summer song on the radio the other day. I don't take things like that for granted. I generally think everything popular is shit and I hate it, especially pop marketed to teenage girls. When it genuinely surprises me and I don't hate it it's like for a few minutes everything is right with the world and I can stop being bitter for awhile.

That's my honest opinion tho haha. Just because you disagree doesn't mean I'm being contrarian. IYRT was garbage, all his albums are trash, some are just less trash than others. NWTS is better than Views

I have never heard a Drake song I liked except Started From The Bottom. I think I skimmed Views because my sister wanted me to download it. Some of the beats were alright but I can't stand that shit.

Shit, well Started From The Bottom is one of my least favorite Drake songs(Worst Behavior's even worse) so clearly we just different preferences. Go back and listen to Weston Road Flows, U With Me?, Still Here, and Hype, and honestly I've come around to Controlla but you might not like it. You must listen to Weston though, it's one of my favorite Drake songs. Oh and make sure it's really loud. That's how it gets good hah

Just skimmed Views again and Summers Over Interlude is the only good thing at all on the entire thing. This Majid Al Maskati guy is pretty good.

Dog you don't just give an album another chance by listening to 30 seconds of each song, that's fucked. Did you even listen to Weston in full?

Majid's alright, I think dvsn's more talented in terms of this album's features

I'm just not feeling anything he's talking about. It's Drake. I am listening to Weston Road Flows. It's just not my kinda thing.

Ya well I appreciate the listen, I guess we just have different taste. I never care what Drake's talking about because it's always something bitchy and annoyingly unimportant, so I usually focus on things like the beat, his flow and delivery, stuff like that.

beatles of this generation

I didn't stop listening, I just found them and they provided a gateway to other dope shit that was less accessible

>it's always something bitchy and annoyingly unimportant

That's exactly why I don't listen to him. When he first started getting popular and Forever was a popular single on the radio I pretty much gave up on rap at that point. I was searching for Drake hate online basically and came across Big Ghost's Softest Niggas In The Game blog and I laughed my ass off for about an hour. Then I started reading his mixtape reviews and stuff and found some newer rap I actually liked. In like 2012 I started listening to first A$AP Rocky, then Action Bronson, Freddie Gibbs and a bunch of other stuff. I still rely on him for rap opinions, started listening to Westside Gunn and Conway because of it.

...you realize where you are, right? It's Sup Forums brahski.

Grow up and get the fuck out of that hipster ass mentality and you'll be happier in life.

^This. You find a band called "The Flaming Lips"? Tame Impala did covers of a few of their songs. I ended up liking this band a lot

Ya I mean I'm by no means a Drake fan so I get it. There's a shitload of good 2010's rap way better than him

> stop using the n word
> implying the poster is white
> implying black folks can't enjoy a music board.

Who's problematic now?