I've been adicted to AJJ's music for the last 3 months or so and i've listened to all of their albums...

i've been adicted to AJJ's music for the last 3 months or so and i've listened to all of their albums, splits and eps but its starting to get stale. where should i go from here, i want the same sad, self-loathing feels and the sometimes sad, sometimes fast energetic instrumentation.
already listened to some other folk punk (Titus Andronicus, against me, violent femmes and some others) but i want more

>i've been adicted to AJJ's music for the last 3 months or so and i've listened to all of their albums, splits and eps but its starting to get stale. where should i go from here

reddit

if you want more folk punk check out more folk punk (johnny hobo, etc)

if you're really feeling like absolute self-loathing dogshit check out crywank

this tbqhwy

whats reddit about AJJ?

hates heterosexual white christian men

doesn't want to offend muslims who exact "jihad" in a typically violent sense so they change their name from something unique to something gay

they look like the type of artschool kids who would bend over backwards for anyone who isn't white or heterosexual to not appear racist or homophobic

literally 30% reddit 70% tumblr. i'm ashamed for enjoying their debut.

agreed

ok, what about the songs that are not american tune or fuck white people?
yeah, the name change was pretty dumb but its not a big deal for me, its not like the viet cong name change. everybody already called them AJJ

Not another forced meme. How do you fucking nerds not get tired of doing this. You don't even get any good reactions

fuck white people is also clearly tongue in cheek, i like it. american tune is admittedly awful

Jeff Rosenstock might have what you're looking for. Don't forget Bomb the Music Industry! and The Arrogant Sons of Bitches

Pat the bunny's work and cranford nix's acoustic stuff is a good start

thanks for actually helping and not getting carried away with reddit/tumblr memes

>Reddit hates heterosexual white christian men

You've never been on Reddit a single day of your life.

>AJJ

Check out Fred Thomas' All Are Saved

If you like AJJ then check out the frontbottoms. Amazing band. They are the reason I got into AJJ as well as other bands. Try their self titled first.

>hates heterosexual white christian men
lmao, i really dont understand how you can pretend only people who hate "heterosexual white christian men" use reddit. you have to be seriously delusional desu. ive yet to see someone who hates heterosexual white christian men for being heterosexual, white, christian, and male, though i have seen plenty that dislike all trannies and people who throw around nigger casually. plus half the comments on any post about a terrorist attack done by a muslim is "religion of peace"/"deport them"/etc (not that i disagree with that, islam is shit) but go ahead and keep pretending reddit is some "safe space" for "liberals"

I personally think that they don't really care about offending other people's religious beliefs and used it as an excuse to change their name which they probably don't like it anymore (although changing it to AJJ was fucking stupid).

> hates heterosexual white christian men
You're probably refering to American Tune. That song is obviously sarcastic, especially in the context of the album, where they later say that everyone has their fair share of suffering, no matter their religion/race/social position

>You've never been on leddit
Like that's a bad thing

Most reddit users may be FUCKING WHITE MALES, but the company and many mods are SJWs.

days and daze, johnny hobo, wingnut dishwashers union, ramshackle glory, maybe mischief brew.

Sean Bonnet even said in an interview that it was inspired by satire and sarcasm. And even if it wasn't sarcastic, about 45% of that song is kinda true

bonette*

actually never mind i cant find it

Don't have much in the way of folk punk, but you might enjoy The Mountain Goats and Elliott Smith.

i had an AJJ/folk punk phase as well, it's since past and i enjoy just about no folk punk whatsoever EXCEPT.. Ramshackle Glory - Live The Dream. goddamn masterpiece and logical conclusion to folk punk

The Mountain Goats are usually quite a good option for things along those lines, as user said.

said it.

Not trying to defend folk punk (which is terrible), but if you fags weren't so new you'd know that AJJ used to be plastered all over Sup Forums 3-4 years ago.

The front bottoms are objectively terrible.

this is the correct opinion

i fucking love the front bottoms

It might not be folkish but try streetlight manifesto their songs still tell good stories

Why are they terrible?

Ramshackle Glory>>>>AJJ

Listen to Ramshackle Glory, as well as Violent Femmes. The grandfathers of folk punk.

fucking this

Listen to this album