Happy Halloween Sup Forums

Happy Halloween Sup Forums
Do you guys like halloween? How is it celebrated in your countries?

Other urls found in this thread:

themoscowtimes.com/news/russias-war-on-halloween-55934
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's a working night so I'm sure there are some people out there partying but mostly everyone is sleeping.

On the weekend tho we get drunk and fuck.

kek, happy halloween, we love it, we are mixing it up with our day of the dead for a pretty awesome aesthetic.

they tried to enforce this shit here a dozen years ago, but it never took root, and it's pretty much irrelevant now

at best you'll find some cosplay parties were people get drunk here and there and that's about it

that sounds cool, what types of activites do you do?

Yeah going to parties and getting drunk is pretty standard here too.

No
I wouldn't know because I don't go outside

In the third world, we dont celebrate those things

Do you celebrate anything in the 3rd world?

but wait mexico is celerbating it.

human sacrifices and shit

The usual, trick or treating has become pretty much universal for kids and adult parties with slutty costumes are now a stapple. We still have traditional day of the dead so Halloween revolves around it.

Ignore the bitter Argie memester, they do celebrate Halloween in their "as seen on tv" way

meh, it beats Ramadan

Depends on the region.
We were not allowed to celebrate Christmas and such during Soviet times, so a lot of things are not common here.
Sometimes I wonder how it's like to have a normal Halloween instead of having to force in the tradition.

themoscowtimes.com/news/russias-war-on-halloween-55934

normie holiday desu

fuck off Trudeau.

That's sad. Its mostly kids trick or trwating in costumes. Farm around here have haunted houses and hounted corn feilds with actors in costumes scaring people. Adults go to parties and get drunk. and some, like me, just watch scary movies. It's more fun on weekends because you don't have to go to work the next day.

Wow is Russia at war with all types of fun?

>Ignore the bitter Argie memester, they do celebrate Halloween in their "as seen on tv" way

Watching the ocasional Halloween-themed American movie/serie is now celebrating Halloween?
People here are more interested on Cristina Kirchner finally declaring on corruption charges and this pathetic attempt by some technology companies to make up a weird attempt at a black friday kind of event.

Envious!
We don't have anything like that near the capital, because most of the area is littered with these buildings - they are very dull.
I was born with parents that celebrated Christmas on New Year's and even then we did a toast on par with Moscow's timezone.
You Americans are lucky.
Be glad you do not live in such war-torn countries.

> How is it celebrated in your countries?
We don't celebrate it at all

kek, someone didn't get invited to any parties apparently

We don't celebrate it at all

Just with Western degeneracy.

Some supermarkets put up decorations and start selling pumpkins and maybe clubs do Halloween themed nights.
Otherwise its pretty much entirely confined to small children and even then most houses won't have any sweets, you just end up going to your friends houses.

>Yaroslav Mikhailov, who used to investigate gay propaganda in emojis on social media, claims that “celebrating Halloween violates Russian law.”
>who used to investigate gay propaganda in emojis on social media
Is he for fucking real?

>"dude, seriously, argentina celebrates halloween and other heretical stuff"
>t. Mexican

Alrighty. Tell me more about our customs. Halloween has had some traction with small geek groups, but it's in no way a social phenomena. Besides, who goes out to party a fucking monday?

>shitposting on 4chink while he's supposed to celebrate Halloween and have fun with his normie friends
Are you for fucking real?

It isn't

Normies on Sup Forums are a minority. They should be gassed desu

I'm just saying they had parties over thw weekend and a lot of people are still having fun tonight, yes, on a monday

Besides it's All Hallows Eve, you people are still Catholic right?

All Hallows Eve was influenced on christianity by the british islands, and we didn't quite have loads of influence from them like the US did. And the Dia de los Muertos seems to be an exclusive North/Central America thing.
And the younger people are less catholic by the day, so... even if churches here decided to carry out some kind of celebration, the only people to notice would be old ladies

No. Children go trick or treating locally, people have fancy dress parties.

halloween in UK is shit

Oh, I should say that probably 80% of people below 50 know what Halloween is, but don't celebrate it because it simply doesn't feel real. It's like the 4th of July, people outside the US have a rough idea of what it is and aknowledge it, but what would they celebrate it? It has never been part of our culture, and has been only talked about in the last twenty years with American movies and the web.

I'm ordering pizza and gonna watch some spoopy movies in bed

Spooky movies with the gf tn desu

That sucks man, dia de muertos is Mexican tho (Aztec) Central Americans only get it as an influence.

To be fair I did look it up and yes, it's apparently just Celts and us. apparently the Catholic church in Argentina is actually against it, as oposed to ours which is enthusiastic about it.

>apparently the Catholic church in Argentina is actually against it, as oposed to ours which is enthusiastic about it.
oh wew, you'd think that the Church would be a little more consistent with stuff like this...

Any Irish here? what do they do?

>How is it celebrated in your countries?
Only primary schoolers seem to care about here. They dress in costumes and do the usual candy thing that kids usually do

Not celebrated

Wait, so fun Halloween/Dia de Muertos is just the burguers, the Canadians and us? Is this an exclusively North American thing?

pretty much, all other countries just like a suck end of october

Other continents prefer butthurt to fun

We get bonfire night in 5 days which is much more popular.

hey mexico, why are mexicans in the US super uptight and pissy about social justice ,when people in mexico seem more laid back?

what do you do beside lighting bonfires up?

Lighting fightworks
Bonfires
General delinquency
Sit at home dressed up as a skeleton, eating bairín breac and sweets by yourself because nobody loves you and children avoid your house

Halloween is Irish.

There's usually fireworks displays and people set them off at home too.
Also there's usually a BBQ and drinks for the crowd.

Would be more accepting of it, if I got holiday pay rates for it.

Ignore those dumb fucks, seriously Mexican traditions have always been inclusive and about sharing. My guess is Chicanos grow up with a ghettoized minority mindset and imitate black attitudes about their culture.

Here's the fact, all those cool Calavera costtumes are partly American influence, no one on the pueblos dresses up or puts costumes on, if any Chicano gives you shit in social media call them out on corrupting the original celebration which is pictured, either they accept dia de muertos has been influenced by Halloween or they're fucking hypocrites, fight them on this one guys, we support you in Mexico where we are more than happy to SHARE rather than mantain our traditions as some fucked up ethnic privilege.

not celebrated anymore

non-Irish should not celebrate Halloween, especially whites as it is offensive to PoC such as myself

Based Ireland

for some reason its always second or third generation mexicans or non mexican latins who get pissy about it, the women are the worst about it

also I always thought those sugar skulls were just a treat given to kids or something, honestly I wish we had some of the cool things mexico does for day of the dead for our halloween like that orange flavored bread thing you guys make

The sugar skulls are suposed to go on the altars people make at home (pictured) they are suposed to represent family members/friends so everyone gets one with their name on it (which you do get to eat after) but yeah, kids get them as treats and chocolate ones are also traditional/popular.

Pan de muerto is pretty awesome, the real one, the yellow bread is becoming harder to find tho, nowadays is mostly white bread just shaped as if it was the real thing. It's not even as if it uses exotic ingredients (the yellow is egg yolk) so I supose it's just bakers going greedy on mass production.

I don't know what other Latins getting picky about it is about, the tradition should technically be as foreign to them as it is for Americans, they don't get any special privileges from where I'm standing, again it belongs to all. If you're in Mexico we don't give a fuck who you are you're welcome to celebrate with us, even if you're a Slav or an Israeli or a whatever.

forgot to put the pic

i hate halloween

It's 11:00 AM here. We don't start halloween funtimes until AT LEAST 5 PM

Same

GF!?!?! leave desu.

oh didn't know that

you guys care jack o' lanterns too? best part is the next day making into pumpkin pie

>tfw bank holiday today rather than tomorrow
nobody does anything until work/college is over anyway.

Yes

Every day is day of the dead here

The best thing is how she claims Halloween and Dia de Muertos are completely unrelated when they both ultimately spring from the same Catholic holiday just with different pagan syncretism.

it's annoying, do not want

thread is about to get spooky

I get drunk
that's it

For the trick or treating part yes, although carving pumpkins is not traditional here you can find the pumpkins widely available in season and people are staring to adopt that part as well, I figure it won't be even a decade until someone put some cool Mexican spin on that which is really what they need to take off, many of our handcraft tradition, including some very iconic ones like pictured, are relatively recent and just decades old so it's all fair game to us.

My Scottish grandfather and grandmother used to give me a bit of cider and made great food for the evening on Halloween. That's the reason why it's my second favorite holiday.

We MADE that shit nigga

WE WUZ SAMHAINS AND SHIT

*smacks bodhrán*
HOL UP

I usually carve a pumpkin with my flatmates and maybe watch a scary movie.
When I was a kid we'd go out guising, but these days people call it trick or treating because of fucking yanks. Clubs have Halloween nights and people dress up and get drunk
Also monkey nuts are a thing at Halloween, not really sure why

Fuck off ireland, Halloween is ours

We do the day of the dead here by visiting our dead relatives' grave during the day and then lighting up candles outside our house in the evening.
It's somewhat mix of the mexican tradition with China's Ghost Month.

>Halloween is ours
Excuse me but Gaelicness itself belongs to us.

>Halloween is ours

>some dumb whore on tumblr speaks for all Mexican-Americans

Loving this meme, senpai

it's not

>gay turnips and nuts
lmao there's not even any mämmi

We don't need our mammey's, we're not children.

To be fair, it's only the younger college-educated sort who do this kind of shit and even then it seems it's mostly the women. Most MexAm dudes I've met have been pretty chill tbqwyf

Reformationstag