/daily/ - Indian Edition

It's almost August. Have you done anything this Summer?

Listen to your library, show off your backlog, babble about new music, tell us what you've been listening to today and what you will listen to in the following month, visit Jangle's Thrift Tourney's grave, post memes, get your dick out for Harambe, talk about music, argue about opinions, fight with other generals, just let the good times flow.

neverendingchartrendering.org/
>backup for when topsters is down (aka always)

topsters.net/
>F

plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
>listen to music, watch unfunny memes, and chat with avatars straight out of the uncanny valley

synctube.org/r/Some_dumb_synctube_channel
>plug for hipsters

dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>site with templates, OP covers, archive, & random stuff

discord.gg/s5Rv7zJ
>objectively inferior plug/sync, but it lets you make jerkcity comics

Ask about our secret Skype group. Only the ascendant are granted entry.

Most importantly, be serious!

Previously, on /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0Fuhr8qTt4U
strawpoll.me/10883548
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1st for anco

she's the most fragile, anxious, self-doubting girl I have ever met. She's always trying to hide and stay unnoticed
she couldn't handle someone telling her they have feeligns for her, it would overwhlem her
so it's better for both of us if it stays secret

sorry for blogposting

not a good reason

I understand. At the very least you're friends and that's still a nice place to be in. Let us know how it goes (oh and if you can channel those feelings to make an album I'd appreciate that)

DESIGNATED

Hi, this is my first time posting in daily :) Been following for a long time... I wanted to start with posting a chart that I made during July. Contains some news releases with albums from the daily chart and albums I heard about the last two weeks in these threads.

I'll post my August chart when I wake up... It's only filled about 1/3. It would be nice to get some recs for new releases and some things from the daily chart.

i just don't want to make her even more uncomfortable than she already is
it is a bad reason, i know
>At the very least you're friends and that's still a nice place to be in.
yes, makes me happy just to her, things are okay currently. that's why i don't want to fuck things up
>(oh and if you can channel those feelings to make an album I'd appreciate that)
i wish i could play an instrument

on a sidenote, i discovered sufjan stevens for me, what EPs are essential?

Is it just me, or is E S T A R A by Teebs really boring compared to everything he put out before. I've tried to get into it repeatedly since it came out but on the whole it just does not click. Perhaps it's the more accessible song structures. I much preferred when he embraced his ambient side like on Cecilia Tapes.

Listening to Roly Porters new 'Drone Theory' show on Radar radio. Fucken bleak and heavy at the moment.

I've been meaning to listen to a lot of these too - pitchfork best new music, right?

Welcome

hello!

Patrician rating system

hi, nice tildes

>It's almost August. Have you done anything this Summer?
"haha"

heyo

hi! nice rating system.
which of jim's albums was your favorite.

>loves uneven compromise, senzuri power up, key to the kingdom
you are very welcome here

>mixed on even oxen
not to shit on your opinions already but do you mind explaining why?

>Dmitri Shostakovich "Jazz Music"
>Modern classical, 1993

It was really nice to take a break from the majestic, gargantuesque symphonic comp by DS I'm fragmenting and hearing another side of this composer. The Music container in here is wacky, childish and hilariously well-crafted. When The guitar exposed its theme into the first Jazz Suite I almost burst into laughter. There's so much positivity in that.
I read through the few reviews on rym that people don't seem to find the Piano Concert contained in here to be particularly jazzy, but some of the most intricate solo parts are really messy and Debussy-like. Clearly Shostakovich was a great listener of his masters. Lots of times there's something like a Tchaikovskij aura wandering through the pieces, expecially when sleigh bells or larger, slower string sections appear. My only complain with the release is about the recording quality which is not at all pristine: the piano always sounds a bit to much wooden and the brasses are way to bright and above everything else in the mix for my taste. But then again, it's "Jazz Music", right?

8/10

fuqq

thanks, my favorite was halfway to a threeway, but in bern is a very close second.

noice. that ep isn't underrated, but should be liked by more people anyway.

the guy you were replying to wasnt me btw

Yeah, it was me.

i kno ;)

WHAT THE FUCK. That is like an anime relationship. I fucking hate you you lucky cunt-a-fuck. Date her you ass

You mean Sufjan's EP's? His All Delighted People EP is the greatest EP ever made and From the Mouth of Gabriel is his best track ever made (that's under ten minutes). Let me know what you think pls

Welcome! Glad to have you along. I agree with since I made the album I'd be interested to hear your thoughts

dont yampost please

lmao

okay

Thanks for the warm welcome :)

I'm about to sleep, I'll explain in the morning.

Nice ratings! Care to expand on your feelings about even oxen?
For your next chart my recommendations are:
Sondre Lerche- s/t
Minta & the brook trout- slow

>dont yampost please
Fuck you

so im giving monoliths and dimensions a second chance and its quite lovely

sleep well newfriend

my family...

hi! always nice to have another key to the kingdom fan on /daily/.

?
It may sound beter than it is
>Date her
i wish i could
>His All Delighted People EP is the greatest EP ever made and From the Mouth of Gabriel is his best track ever made (that's under ten minutes). Let me know what you think pls
Thank you, I will tell you tomorrow

yams are good

I don't think I'm ever going to listen to new music again, I've been stuck listening to Robbie Basho for the past day or so.

Also I'll probably be posting a few clips of stuff I'm working on for criticism over the next wee while because for some reason I think that will help motivate me to actually get into finishing songs rather than having a bunch half baked ideas.
vocaroo.com/i/s0Fuhr8qTt4U
Sloppy playing (i cba rerecording it, I'm done for the night) and improvd bits that sound crap aside tell me what you think of it in general.

Nice, you had nothing to worry about posting in here when you like Washington Phillips.

Aghartha is one of Atilla's best performances. Hunting and Gathering is one of their best straight forward, unbelievably heavy riff based tracks. And Alice is fantastically different for them. Big Church is bloody good too.

It's a shining example of everything good that Sunn do.

@yamir

Hey lads, good first day selling corn.
I forgot to load new music on my phone (8GB kill me) so I listened to a fuck ton of live Tim Buckley and Robbie Basho's Vision of the Country on repeat.
I'll load up some of those recs for tomorrow.

>Cilio a *
>Dickerson a +
You are an honorary pig ^(oo)^

You played a show last night eh? Hope it went well!

Poo in the loo

Nice digits. Was the corn business good to you today?

>Neoandertals - Ebu Gogo Gutting the Child
>avant-garde caveman metal

A interesting theme of a primitive being from Indonesian folklore who goes around and do what cavemen do best; kidnap human child to defile and devour. To pull off this musical vibe the band is composed of just vocals, drums, and a bass guitar. The end result sounds like a caveman masturbating over something profane. It's strange, interesting, and accomplishes the sound I expect the were looking for. I sort of like it and would recommend to at least listen to it once.

I should also note that I fucking hate looking at this album cover so much. It's just gross. And not even the cool kind of gross, like Pervertor. I'm talking like, the goregrind kind of gross. I can literally smell this album cover and it smells awful. Like poop or, you know, throw up or something.

also here is my chart

I mean most of the time I just sit and listen to music and the suckers are PAYING me!
It's a long weekend here in Canadaland so business was a little slow, which can be good or bad.
I'm happy just snacking on cucumbers and 'mirin the pretty ladies walking by ;)

I can't believe that woman thought she could get away with so much corn.

The show went well! At least that's what everyone else said. I'm setting up another show with the Baddest Beams next month and a NJ show with Sun Body soon, so I'm looking forward to that.

Was the corn business good?
(I literally couldn't listen to anything for a whole day after I first heard Rocky Mou Mountain Raga)

Man the same lady also asked :

"can you peel the corn for me?"
"uhhhh I'm not set up for that..."

"are the garlic sprayed with pesticides?"
"no they're organic"
"oh OK"
*doesn't buy any

"What's the difference between yellow and peaches and cream?"
*tell her
"can I taste a few kernels of each?"
*eats raw corn kernels and decides on yellow

Glad your show went well! Corn selling was a little slow - probably 10 customers the whole day.
More time to chill in the lawn chair and listen to music though!

if ur born for the corn vote me up

You should listen to agharti, the live album from 10 where they play monoliths

thoughts on ohio

Who is the literary equivalent of James Ferraro? I can't think of anywhere else to ask this question and get a good response. Pls help.

don delillo's most recent stuff maybe
except delillo is worthwhile, of course

Lets Folk My Shit Up: John Fahey Edition - Day 4

The Transfiguration Of Blind Joe Death

This record to me is one of the first times that Fahey's different influences and love of many styles comes together to such an extent that it seems that the atmosphere of the album is unlike that of a typical folk album. And I love what really results from that. Despite being out in 1965, you can hear a lot of stuff here that whether they listened to Fahey or not, guys like Beefheart's Magic Band or even something punk like Television would do. At this point one would think that Fahey's influence isn't necessarily on folk music, but maybe a lot more music outside it due to the fact that he was really figuring out how to make more modern sounding songs by mixing styles from around the world. Taking all this into consideration, I honestly think that this album is a good sorta primer of a sort in terms of all music that would come out after it despite not even being some popular influential album. A must listen if you're a guitar player.

3.5/5

May honestly change to a 4 someday.

So far:

John Fahey - Blind Joe Death: 3.5/5
John Fahey - Death Chants, Breakdowns & Military Waltzes: 3/5
John Fahey - The Dance Of Death And Other Plantation Favorites: 3.5/5
John Fahey - The Transfiguration Of Blind Joe Death: 3.5/5

Visual Novels that are quite interactive and full of a variety of pictures. Shit seems like a cool original idea, and there's a lot to be said about how such a medium exists/works among others in the modern times, but most of them are fucking awful and lack substance.

Are the riffs good?

Really excellent. Nixon was great, but the darker, stranger moments towards the end were off putting. Ohio was comfy throughout. I wrote a bit about it, check archive. Also I'm having that problem with it where I'm so hung up on loving the first song I can barely focus on the rest
I want to listen to "green doesn't matter when you're blue" all day

What are you listening to today, /daily/?

I'm glad that your show went well. pls come to Brazil

awesome! I had that same problem too for a while. now I think popeye is my favourite - so dark and dirgey, and then that arch-lambchop psych-funk breakdown twist at the end... I think I'll do a flowchart one of these days.

>this
also Tzusing

Visions of the Country and The Voice of the Eagle on repeat.

Btw I didn't watch The Curse last night sorry, wasn't in the mood for getting spooked.

>don delillo's most recent stuff maybe
I guess I should have specified that I wanted stuff with themes surrounding nostalgia, isolation, the relationship that has developed between people and their computers. Postmodernism is a little old fashioned for what I'm looking for, but I'm not really familiar with Delillo's work. Is there anything specific you'd recommend?

Maybe I'll just go to /lit/, Idk

Witty answer, but not useful.

You're Brazilian? I really want to do a world tour one day, wherever anyone will take us.

Excited for the Olympics?

>wasn't in the mood for getting spooked

Getting spooked is good for every occasion.

Nah, I was making a shitty Sup Forums joke. I do have a few family members stuck there, though. They are definitely not excited for the Olympics - it looks like a real shitshow.

what vidya are you playing recently, /daily/ friends?

I'm not hearing very much about the Olympics this year. Honestly I forgot it was even happening.

POO IN LOO PAJEET

good is too strong of a word

the bass lines felt strange and erratic.

It's a huge mess down there. They used a bunch of money from an oil boom to finance a ton of pretty buildings and other useless things so that the country wold look nice before it all ran out, so people are living in favelas a couple miles from giant football stadiums and stuff. Then there's the Zika virus and general political upheaval from corrupt politicians, and the fact that they ran out of construction money for half the stuff they were building halfway through. Apparently, the swimming area and the Olympic village are especially disgusting, and there's not enough security - people have already been abducted.

Somehow, it's even worse than the Russian Olympics a few years back.

Thanks for the recs everyone. I'm on the fast track to being a poseur

halfway through typing this post my table fell apart and my keyboard hit my toe and i screamed pretty loudly, so mom walks into my room and sees the mess, all the while The Ark Work is playing in the fucking background and the first thing mom asks is "what the fuck is that music"

im a mess

puerto rico w h e n

i dont care much for videogames, but lately ive been playing csgo and spelunky

>I think I'll do a flowchart one of these days.
PLEASE do

Sahib

Dude as soon as you start performing we'll try and set up some kind of show (or just come to texas)

Btw I'm not much of a vidya fan either but are you sure you didn't mean pokemon go, not csgo?

wtf I hate Brazil now
(That's too bad, I hope they find those people)
I wonder how they got voted in with all of this coming through (zika hit the U.S. right?)

>Mizutani and the Rallizeses vs nasty manga grandpa and the Fushitsushas

This'll be fun.

I'm downloading Deus Ex again in anticipation of the new one. It better be in the Glitchwave Top 10.

Not when ur a lil bitch like me

Played a bit of Pokemon Fire Red on an emulator but apart from that I've not really gamed in months.

lol

>or just come to texas
This

Most of them were in power during the oil boom, which is how they sell themselves to be elected over and over again.

Zika is in the US, but it's not nearly as big a threat because of better access to healthcare, birth control, the fact that there's less mosquitos, etc.

Play her Musical Abortions and Unknown Eskimo DJs next time.

>The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band - Will the Circle Be Unbroken
Fantastic performances here. Per trad country tradition, this thing is filled with covers, but some of the bests I have ever heard of those (Keep on the Sunny Side, Dark as a Dungeon, etc.). Any Country/Bluegrass fan owes it to themselves to heard this fantastic 3xLP.

>Yellow Magic Orchestra - Solid State Survivor
Minus "Castalia", the first half is damn perfect. "Behind the Mask" is great too, but everything else here is damn worthless. "Day Tripper" cover is particularly awful. Nippon's Kraftwerk this is not.

>Sixteen Horsepower - Sackcloth 'n' Ashes
"Gothic Country" is definitely a genre that needs more exploring. Was expecting much more from this, however. Occasionally played itself much more like a traditional rock album than anything this cool-seeming ever should.

>Tangerine Dream - Zeit
Loved the dark mystique of the 1st and 3rd track, but the rest was pretty worthless. Probably the first dark ambient album out there, but the 2nd and 4th tracks weren't as textured as I would've cared for. I feel a more active ambiance would've made for a more truly frightening atmosphere, then again I'm not sure that's what they were trying to accomplish with this.

And with that I am officially finished with July. Good month! Hopefully August will be just as good once I'm done with all those OSTs, which I deeply regret putting there already. I'm getting all the 2-3 hour ones out of the way right now.

VTM: Bloodlines is like fucking crack and also Pokemon Crystal

>are you sure you didn't mean pokemon go, not csgo?
im 50% sure you're memeing with me, but just in case: csgo is counterstrike, but yeah i play pokemon go as well even tho i had to wait like 3 weeks because niantic is an ass to puerto rico

it would be lit to set up a show with bear and the even oxens, but of course that'll take a long while, and no i cant come to texas :(

>lol
i switched the topic fast enough to avoid talking about the ark work

>Play her Musical Abortions and Unknown Eskimo DJs next time.
i feel like she wouldnt mind musical abortions outside of the quality, she thinks im still a punk/metal type of person. she doesnt know my poseur side yet and i wanna keep it like that

give me recs

strawpoll.me/10883548
strawpoll.me/10883548
strawpoll.me/10883548

If you're not on here you don't matter, don't post enough, or I just forgot you. Only 30 spots allowed anyways.

pic

oh geez oh man

>user sowing discontent
y tho

trips that use a sellmeagod curve or are a scaruffi drone are worst

I hate to say lurk more but seriously do it, just check out chart threads, listen to random albums with cool covers or something

grimes is probably one of the best art pop artists of this melinneum

Get into jazz pls ;)

rofl is the ark work really that bad I've not listened to it. I'm trying to think the last time my mum was weirded out by the music i was listening to. Only thing like that I can think of was my brother coming in and laughing at Robbie Basho's voice.

Don't do it user. :^)

ive been checking out some basic jazz recently. recs?

>no ʕ ·ᴥ·ʔ

Anything in particular you liked/didn't like?
Definitely listen to a few off that chart to get your bearings, but if there's any specific direction or feel you're looking for I'm happy to help.

>1 vote already
sick
who was it?

I think that's implying that no one hates givingbear, perhaps?

Or more likely he copied my RYM list and bearboy doesn't have one.

>Mfw I'm not the only one voting for nyarlathotep

I should have been #1 worst trip wtf I hate /daily/ now

probably weener

i listened to bbng (not real jazz but i like it), a little miles davis, duke ellington, and bix beiderbecke

Yanka Dyagileva - Anhedonia
Grazhdanskaya Oborona - Russkoe Pole Eksperimentov

wtf I hate Letov now

only listened to one new album today, good kid m.A.A.d city. solid 7.5, some of the flow was a little off, but good production and nice features on some tracks. the concept was pretty well executed as well. Sing About Me, I'm Dying of Thirst was probably my favorite song.

A complaint as small as some off-flow has to score a little higher, right? That couldn't have been the only thing you found wrong with it.

it's the only thing worth mentioning first and foremost. some of the beats didn't exactly work, and Compton probably shouldn't have been the closer, but after that, smooth sailings.

Nice! If you liked Bix's big band stuff and Duke Ellington I'd highly recommend Charles Mingus.
Ah Um, The Black Saint and the Sinner Lady, and Let My Children Hear Music are all top tier works and easy to appreciate.
Slightly more in the vein of Davis I'd also throw in
John Coltrane - Africa/Brass
Art Blakey - Moanin'
Wayne Shorter - Speak No Evil

Let me know what you think if you check any of them out!

hampus, shamepai, jangle, nyarl, gfr and sdc confirmed to be the best trips