How is the music career going, bros?

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/estefanopoulos/sets/instrumentals
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Noel parton.

literally gave up before i started

>implying I want to share my music with all you plebs
Heh. I record my own music for myself.

But, mortal... Do you not want they love you for your genius? Mwuhahaha!!!

no bandmates.
Haven't, and probably won't play live for a long time
49 followers on soundcloud, thanks 95% thanks to Sup Forums
Only way I can get people I know to listen is basically by shilling, so I stopped.

"career"

I've had a few gigs, i sold a song for a video game which seems to never be coming out but i still got paid so w/e, currently im taking a break since i've been going really hard at producing for about 6 years now, but im slowly starting to ease back into it. I released my first album next year and im hoping to put out a double ep with some merch this year or next. I have about 350 sc followers but im still trying. thanks for asking ^w^

>sold a song for a video game

Kys

*released my first album last year

well technically i was commissioned to make a song for a video game, i guess it's technically different, it wasn't a song i had already made for an album, i would never do that :p

Kys x 2

why?

I found a guy who seems pretty good at rapping and he wants to rap over beats I make. Seems like we can do a good job and actually get somewhere, only I don't really like rap. I don't mind selling out though so we're going to be looking at mic interfaces and start recording pretty soon

going great.
i'm making $100K yearly from music alone.
this includes teaching and gigging.
i couldn't be happier
and it keeps my family fed too

hahahaah

stagnant and my band doesn't understand how to create interesting music. well half of them don't.

damn bruh, what's your secret?

Link?

i rap and am pretty good at it, but i like making beats much more than being a rapper, which seems like a chore having to remember lyrics and be in front of the camera and all.

its just i dont put alot of beats out because idk if i will rap over them or just be solely a producer

>i rap and am pretty good
Said no one ever

that kinda sucks that you arent into rap and see it as "selling out" there's plenty of good rap out there, you just gotta find the right kind, ever listen to madvilliany or things that happen at day // night?

Go solo

Bad. I have a band, play gig every few weeks solo or with band, and write pop/rock songs - but I keep getting distracted wanting to learn classical guitar. I don't have time to do both well and it's really frustrating me. I feel like I should drop one or the other but basically all my friends are from playing music and if I'm holed up in my room practicing classical no one will give a fuck. I know this sounds autistic.

i rap and i think im pretty good at it, and i've showed some songs to friends who agree

I mean, I usually don't like posting outside soundcloud threads, but I guess i'll take whatever I can take.

Here's some instrumentals I've worked on the last couple of months. I recently got a microphone, so I might start singing. I also might explore other sounds, since I feel like I kind of exhausted the post-rock dreamy delay sound.
soundcloud.com/estefanopoulos/sets/instrumentals

Nigga you better get into the genre or you'll put out the whitest, most boring rap because you're reinventing the wheel

there's nothing wrong with putting out beats and then deciding you want to rap over it later, make a soundcloud, be active my friend! c:

pretty great actually

i play in a moderately successful indie rock band that tours when the 4 of us get the chance to (2 of us are still in school) and we can actually all make good money on the road. we're the best of friends and it translates onstage i'd say. truly a comfy time

I mainly like playing the synth

I am just not into the vocal delivery I guess, some of it is alright. Plenty of other genres I'd be happier with, but music is music and if I'm going to attach my name to it then it's going to be good

Unlike you, I am not white, and I live in """the hood""" I am just not too big on rap. I like Lou Reed and stuff like that. I do like some hip hop instrumentals though

Why did you quote in the hood? That's unnecessary

I've got enough material recorded for a mixtape/album but I think I'm gonna look into getting a record deal, because, quite frankly, my music really doesn't sound like anything else I've ever heard and I want to enter the industry with a bang

I'm never going to finish this album I'm working on cause i want the music to be the best possible and I keep realizing the mistakes I've made on songs made earlier in the recording process

all the other music I've released before was shit too so I don't know if I'll er make something I see fit for public consumption again since I'm so paranoid about it sucking

when people come over they tell me I live in the ghetto but I don't think it's that bad.

Let me guess, you aren't going to share it with us
>but muh anonymity

Stop posting.

i'm a teacher ($55K)
I'm a church pianist ($15k)
I'm a dueling pianist ($35k++)

what? the song or my soundcloud?

Trying to make it work, played hundreds of gigs but I've been staying with parents recently and my mom and all her older friends keep telling me I should get a college degree. I don't want a fucking college degree, I wanna make music but I'm still trying to figure out how to support a future family with the lifestyle.. Not planning on having kids til after 30, I'm 20 now

post a link of a sample? this is the perfect place to get judged, either youre that good or youre not as good as you think you are

Debut album when?

And I'm Scott joplin. Nice to meet you, faggot

you have plenty of time and honestly i wouldnt take advice about my future in the music industry from people that have NEVER been in the music industry

I wanna ask a question to the grown man making 100k, did u get a music Ed degree? How many jobs are available in that market? Music Ed sounds fun, but I don't wanna conduct a shitty band..

you dont have to believe me bro.
just cuz i'm a hard working american.
i'm likely older than you anyway, so dont sweat it.

Yes Music Education.
Certified to teach K-12 and i've taught every grade level. I'm currently teaching high school music technology.
There are lots of jobs to teach elementary music, band, and choir in the US, but I created my position teaching music tech. Those jobs are far and few between.
I agree, I also would never want to conduct a band. But I did create a recording studio at my school, and i get to work with high school age producers, rappers, and rock bands --- which is really a kick ass job!
You could find one of those "School of Rock" or teach at a place like Dubspot in NYC or if you go for your Masters you could get a job teaching at a college....

You should probably find better things to do with your time.

What do you mean by music tech?

the rest of the time is spent with my 4 children.
which i enjoy very much.
now go fuck yourself!

Can't settle on/finish any one idea long enough to make anything worthwhile

Have a large collection of demos/eorks in progress/bits and pieces of songs on my hard drive I just don't know what to do with them or what to start working on next

And no one gives a shit

i teach
remixing, sound systems, production, garageband, ableton, DJing, pad controllers, hip hop, rock n roll, electric guitars, music video making, foley and sound effects, and stuff like that. only COOL fucking stuff because thats' all i can really stand teaching!

you a salty dog!

9/10 album

/thread

I don't know how to use a DAW still, also I didn't want a career I just wanted to make interesting stuff that I probably wouldn't share at all, but I can't put effort into anything and I have no passion and I don't know if I have creativity anymore and I don't know what I'm feeling or what medium I would put it into. I might try my hand at getting a VR headset and doing digital installations/walking simulators which are heavily audio based.

I wish I could express myself

it's not