Learn the difference

Learn the difference

t. Yankee

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1m0HCkPcenY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How the fuck are Minnesotans Yankees but North Dakotans aren't. They're basically the same.

I made this mistake once abroad chatting to a Texan. My most embarrassing international ignorance moment (outside Sup Forums obv) desu

Fucking rebels.

We kicked your ass once. We will do it again.

>Calling a Texan a Yank
priceless

Seriously, I feel very insulted being called a Y**kee, literally the worst part of the country

Keep doing it, its fun watching them get triggered.

>I can't read
Said in OP I'm a Yankee

t. Yank

Jan-Kees?

You do realize that, other than Kansas, Nebraska, Texas, and Missouri the other western states out west are technically Neutral Territory. The above-mentioned states were in contention.

So you honestly need to update your map to make the Dakotas, and everything west of Denver as some other 'neutral' color.

That done, ... not so powerful now, eh Reb' ?

A reminder that all yanks are yanks and have been such long before their civil bitch fit.

arr spook same

Rebs required slaves to do the work for them.
We used science and engineering to make machines do the work for us.

You were defeated by science and progress, just as today.

You keep calling me English I keep calling you a yank

You're a Limey, not English

It has a dutch etymology, so if "kees" means "cheese" then you got it right

Kees is a shortaned form of Cornelis, not cheese

Oh. What I learned in school was that literal meaning was "John Cheese" but idk if that's accurate.

As the saying goes

To foreigners, a Yankee is an American.
To Americans, a Yankee is a Northerner.
To Northerners, a Yankee is an Easterner.
To Easterners, a Yankee is a New Englander.
To New Englanders, a Yankee is a Vermonter.
And in Vermont, a Yankee is somebody who eats pie for breakfast.

GET TOOTHPASTE'D

Whit th' bugger is a limey ye clatty yank jobby? say that tae mah coupon ye pie-eaten jobby 'n' ah will mak' ye choke oan mah stirred haggis ye nappy sportin' baw. Ah wull end ye 'n' yer keech wee land, dae ye ken? thare wull be hell tae pay ye numpty.

please vocaroo that
scot ?

Fuck off Yank

vocaroo.com/i/s1m0HCkPcenY
rate please

fuck you

You're all yanks

no u

Nae bad. Your mic makes you sound like some type of evil god from a superhero move though.

can you vocaroo it please ?
also thanks, I screwed up the intonation though

bring back the black and tans 2bh you smug cunt

Here Yankee is a synonyme of American and I thought the exact same thing before I came to Sup Forums. Now I know there are the Dixies, Texans, Californians...

FUCK the liberals in Minneapolis

they elected a fucking conspiracy theorist wrestler as governor

Keep at it, I like to drink Southern tears

so what about the rest?
>t. newfag to yank culture

>New Englanders, a Yankee is a Vermonter.
That's not true. All New Englanders consider ourselves Yankees.

Yankee - North
Dixie - South
Then there's the West

Those are pretty much the three cultures in the US, most others being derivatives or mixings of the three.

oh, not a limey, a sheepshagger

Indiana isn't really yankee, it's geographically north but culturally appalachian/upper south.

>First attested in 1683, as a name applied disparagingly by Dutch settlers in Nieuw Amsterdam (New York) to English colonists in neighboring Connecticut. It may be from Dutch Janke (“Little John”), the old diminutive form of the common personal name Jan, or it may be from Jan Kees, the familiar form of "Johan Cornelius", or a variant of Jan Kaas, literally "John Cheese", the generic nickname the Flemings used for Dutchmen. It originally seems to have been applied insultingly to Dutch, especially freebooters, before they turned around and applied it to the English. In English it was a term of contempt (1750s) before it came to be used as a general term for "a native of New England" (1765). The shortened form Yank was first recorded in reference to "an American" in 1778.

really makes ya use the ole noggin

There are arguments to be made that the concept of "the North" could be extended outside of the Northeast to include the Midwest and possibly the Dakotas and the Pacific Northwest, but no one in America really thinks like this, only certain researchers and academics do, it hasn't trickled down into the popular conciousnessness.

In America, a Northeasterner is a "Yankee" or a "Northerner" to a Southerner. People in the Midwest or the West however just call them "East Coast people" or "Northeasterners", and call Southerners Southerners.

Great Lakes vs, Great Plains

Know the difference

>There are arguments to be made that the concept of "the North" could be extended outside of the Northeast to include the Midwest and possibly the Dakotas and the Pacific Northwest

A shit argument. Coasties are not like easterners, we only share an affinity for cuckoldry.

>calling a Texan a yankee

May as well have called him a nigger desu

This

>when yanks try to play reverse no true scotsman with themselves

I deliberately call every yank I meet a yank because I know it pisses them off, especially when they're from the south

Did Americans a long time ago used to Yank people?

Every last one of you is a Yank over here, deal with it faggots.

SHUT THE FUCK UP AUSTRALIA

That feel when you call yanks canadian and canadians yank

Yes, yes but what does what word is Yank derived from?
This topic has made me curious, crocodile Dundee.

we call you inmates

I have no idea. But the two words we have for you are Yank and Seppo (from septic tank).

I feel like the DC area is Yankee territory.

Fucking yanks when will they learn

November 8th

Truth

Minnesota is literally both. Plains to the west and great lakes woods to the east. Also some Canadian Shield which all other great lakes states lack.
t. Minnesotan
Upper midwest is VERY north. Washington as well.

>literally the worst part of the country

Cletus, I...