General collecting and vinyl thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

discogs.com/user/kringaz/collection
sleevecityusa.com/3-0-outer-record-sleeves-p/9375.htm
discogs.com/user/darumswizel/collection
discogs.com/user/Kelmourne/collection
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Where do you want to start?

most pretentious cunt on the planet would immediately resort to violence if I ever saw you
daddy's trash collection
unadulterated garbage

what an awful start. kill yourselves en masse

guys dont listen to this shithead. Hes mad cause he doesent have a collection of his own to care for and love.

lolno

if your collection is worth not even 1000 dollars yet, believe me you're still a babby and you're just "starting out"

Only about 30 of those albums used to be my dads and he used to own a record shop so he knows his stuff when it comes to music anyway faggot.

ehh, The Triffids

This bait always works

Haven't bought that particular one, my uncle also has a collection of about 2500 lps and he used to also owns record shop, his old stock is in the attic and I borrow about 10 at a time. The reason i'm borrowing it is because Peel sessions tend to be good. He sells me old stock of his for cheap if I want it, not gonna buy that though.

Didnt realize music tastes meant someone could be pretentious.

tell that to marcel

he's 16 and has literally the most pretentious taste (not taste really, I'm fairly sure he's pretending to like most of the stuff he shills)

j that fucking phone

Old phone, was connecting it to computer to move pictures. I dropped it two stories.

he likes music

All I've got

how much were both Duster albums?

How's adolescence treating you, OP?

>le epic absolutely fucking useless180g repress man
;) ;) ;)

nice

Thanks. Nice collection.
I ordered the blue vinyl from Newbury, but it's not here yet.

Im 21, and have plenty others, this was just a photo showing which records Id be selling to my friend. I reused it.
No reason not to, I actually enjoy the albums.
Also, what adolescent would listen to SPK or Zoviet France?

OP Here, some other shit i dragged out.

>Also, what adolescent would listen to SPK or Zoviet France?

I did, for one. Try participating in reality some time. These bands aren't obscure, in any capacity. Get over yourself.

boomkatcore

Not gonna bother taking a photo but here's most of my collection listed on discogs.

>discogs.com/user/kringaz/collection

You're a walking meme, fucking hell

Not claiming they are obscure, maybe I just enjoy early industrial and I collect the genre personally.

Good for you for calling me a hipster then.

My goal is to collect every Broadcast first edition...but it's damn expensive on discogs

sleevecityusa.com/3-0-outer-record-sleeves-p/9375.htm

I can show you what I have if you name a genre, just not getting them all out at once. I have them sorted into:
>Favourite albums
>Jazz, Ragtime and Spirituals
>Soul, R'n'B, Funk and Blues
>Folk, Country, Blues and Bluegrass
>Reggae, Ska, 2tone and Calypso
>Electro and Dance
>Rock 'n' Roll
> Rock (Prog, psch, blues rock, puck, new wave ect)
>Pop
>Comedy
>12'' Singles

Latest snags

how can you afford to eat

How much did the set cost you?

Idk if you meant to reply to me but I was just saying you should get some outer sleeves

>pretentious
>gaming mouse

I keep rare albums and most of my favourites in outer sleeves but the majority of albums are from car boot sales and charity shops, cheap buys but good albums.

Is vinyl actually, genuinely, unironically worth getting into? I'm considering, but I don't want to regret it in a few years.

Hi Marcel

If you want to do mixing with vinyl, or just general electronic music is can be. It costs a bit of money though and is mostly if you really think its worth lugging around the records and shit. I enjoy it because unlike cd's, I can collect music in a form i enjoy.

Jazz part 1

Jazz part 2

Yeah sure but seriously please don't get "into" it my friend does that and it's annoying as fucking shit how insanely autistic he is about it

discogs.com/user/darumswizel/collection

Better than a lot of other -cores

Yes

So many great records have never really been reissued or put online and theyre like 5 bucks

You should listen to more Impulse releases

And Annette Peacock

Jazz part 3
(top layer was Ambassador Satch, Tom Scott- Blow it Out and Bill Evans- Autumn Leaves)

And it showed up today.

I really like the selection but im more into free jazz and a bit more fusion stuff myself. Still damn good collection.

>free jazz

my mang

And my favourite Jazz albums (and Missa Luba 'cause I didn't know where else to categorise it)

Thanks man

Missa Lubba is world music

And if you haven't listen to more Art Blakey and Lee Morgan

It's just a simpler way of saying should I spend money on a set up and then occasionally buy records for it.

That's what I was hoping, that after the initial cost it's cheap to just buy used records. Especially if they're actually mastered for vinyl.

My average record costs me about 8 bucks

When you get real gud taste you'll find all kinds of jazz is buttcrack cheap to get in great conditon

But then also youll want jazz albums that are like 30-80 bucks

But the excitement that comes with buying somethijg like an original woth typos Ramones s/t or a '66 pressing of Coltrane's Meditations or even just a really great live album for 4 bucks is worth it all

Also if you get into it, pls learn about record grades

Don't listen to them dude. I think your records are sick.

nice records, your keyboard, mouse and phone are embarrassing though

Thanks man.

Yeah the keyboard and mouse were cheap as shit, funny how cheap "gaming" accesories always look tacky as hell. the phone doesnt work, was dropped off a two story building.

nice, mines not arrived yet, how does it sound?

Is that an original nww?

Yes it is, I used to have a couple others but I sold them.

I don't know. I got laid off and have to sell them.
I also just found out that Newbury just charged my account and it's overdrawn now. Such is life.

Also op I'm working through the list.

Soul part 1

Just call it R&B

okay

Sweet. I got an original soliloquy for lilith. Been collecting David jackman cassettes and new blockaders shit.

R'n'B part 2

Here's my dusty collection.

>No the Quran is not mine. it's my Girlfriends. I'm white as fuck therfore I'm automatically going to an imaginary hell.

Favourite R'n'B albums

I forgot my Paul Robeson albums from the Jazz and a Phil Spector Christmas album from the R'n'B I think

woah bro don't blow up the thread lmao

My collection so far

Hope this is bait

Damn a bit jealous, been eyeing the reissue of Soliloquy for Lilith for a while. Same goes for the two coil reissues that came out recently.

And more shit.

only spun the black one so far and it sounded fine. though heard from others that the yellow was a bit quiet. kinda wish the packaging was nicer

posted my copy of this a while ago, but I got it signed by Gira when I saw them a few weeks ago

Not bait. Basic Sup Forums core i know.

Folk Country and Blues part 1

Folk Country and Blues part 2

you've got great taste
be my bf

Just started mine, but here it is so far

>Original Soliloquy for Lilith
Mad jelly
>Zs - Xe
Nice

Favourite Folk Country and Blues albums (and John Martyn- Solid Air & some Woodie Guthire but couldn't find it on shelf)

I remember when I bought HOom I thought I was the luckiest fuck in the world.

Then I saw it at the same place a week later.

Your Instagram page sucks

All of my pop albums

I have a quick question about Discogs.

Is there a way for me to save my search filters in the marketplace?
Every time I click on the marketplace "Vinyl and Cd", I have to filter the currency to USD, filter the format to vinyl and then filter the results to be listed by price.
It is kind of a small issue but it really gets annoying having to click on those 3 filters literally every time I look for something.

I just want those filters to be saved.

anybody collect shoegaze/dream pop?
sorry for quality

My ska and reggae albums

Might post more later, got to get on with stuff now

do we know when mikey g is going to release soundtracks for the blind on vinyl?

do you add stuff to your wantlist?

discogs.com/user/Kelmourne/collection

Got a used copy for 20, so I can't complain

>used
>for 20

Isaac if that ain't Near Mint u may be swindled

Nah it wasn't NM, but NM costs $40, I didn't have the cash for that.

OP here, probably the best buy ive ever had was two original copies of the last two Stars of the Lid albums, before the repress. Sold em afterwards due to being a pain to listen to on vinyl but well worth it.

>being this mad over literally nothing
>being this autistic