Great American director makes glorious tearjerker film about American pacifist conscientious objector soldier who went...

>great American director makes glorious tearjerker film about American pacifist conscientious objector soldier who went into battle in World War II without a weapon and saved 75+ men
>youtube.com/watch?v=s2-1hz1juBI
>edgy British director makes a movie about his country's entire military force in the field retreating and trying to spin it as some sort of glorious action
>youtube.com/watch?v=QijbOCvunfU

Is America just great at war and movies and everyone else is crap or is it just Britain? Russia is supposed to be decent, isn't it (Come and See)? Do some countries just have superior culture when it comes to warfare and depicting it?

And I thought nice frenchies were supposed to be the cowardly ones but they fought to allow Brits' retreat.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desmond_Doss
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_papillomavirus_infection
imdb.com/title/tt0108211/?ref_=tt_rec_tti
youtube.com/watch?v=NDAWaYu-YCo
dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1339271/Mel-Gibson-called-oven-dodger-claims-Winona-Ryder.html
imdb.com/list/ls066794716?pf_rd_m=A2FGELUUNOQJNL&pf_rd_p=2668817482&pf_rd_r=0PDS9Z0BYQ967BC196Z3&pf_rd_s=right-4&pf_rd_t=48201&pf_rd_i=watchlist&ref_=wt_otl_3
youtube.com/watch?v=l8IkbCeZ9to
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>American director

If anyone ever deserved a medal was that man.

gibson isn't a yank, the giveaway is the fact that he's not a jew

>brit education

>all americans are jews
delete this

Is this a meme on here to try and say anything that is American really isn't?

at the very least, all american directors are jews

You're right. Good thing he got one
>The film is based on the true story of US Army medic Desmond T. Doss. Doss was a Christian (Seventh-day Adventist) conscientious objector who refused to bear arms, yet was awarded the Medal of Honor by President Harry S. Truman for single-handedly saving the lives of over 75 of his comrades while under constant enemy fire during the Battle of Okinawa in World War II.
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desmond_Doss

what about Terrance Malick?

>Every film about war has to be about you doing something good

Such a laughable and pathetic attitude. Dunkirk is remembered because we failed. If we wanted to make a film about something cool then there would be plenty to make, but that doesn't make a story good. The stories are about how people pulled together, not how they killed all the bad guys or whatever

cool af

You clearly know nothing about British culture. Grand defeats are our favourite stories. Trying and failing and suffering in silence are virtues here

>Russia is supposed to be decent, isn't it (Come and See)?
Only Soviet Union and Belarus. Modern russian war movies are crap.
For example, see BadComedian reviews on "Burnt by the sun 2"

You linked the wrong movie m8.

>All these men get wounded because some fuck wont pick up a rifle to cover them
>he gets a medal
>they get a wheelchair

>Is America just great at war

he's an Assyrian from Texas

lol I loved those Germans just turning around and being like "h-hey you're not supposed to be over here!"

>Terrance Malick

>Lights
>Camera
>Grass

It's Gibson? Will not be watching it.

Gibson is not American.
That scene is not from Nolan's movie.
>>Lights
>>Camera
>>Grass
kek

It's funny thing to say, but actually I forgot Poland. Czterej pancerni i pies, Stawka większa niż życie.

Recommend more nice war movies please

Tell me what you've already seen and what you like, and I'll give you a few.

Apocalypse Now
Saving Private Ryan
Full Metal Jacket
The Thin Red Line
We Were Soldiers
Enemy at the Gates

>his country doesn't have freedom of religion in its constitution
>his country literally has its head of state as the head of a religion
Have fun when your monarch is no longer C of E but Caliph of Bongistan

Interesting. You've seen a lot of the modern essentials. Off the top of my head I'll recommend

Movies: In order. Black Hawk Down, The Pianist, Platoon, Jarhead, Flags of Our Fathers, Letters From Iwo Jima, Fury if you want something really recent. Inglorious Bastards is worth a watch too if you forgive the historical innaccuracies. That pretty much covers essential modern movies

Mini series - Band of Brothers, Generation Kill, The Pacific. That is the trifecta of much watch IMO. 3 of the best ever made. Would recommend watching in that order. Pacific is my favorite, but that's a debate for another thread.

Straight up though if you want something comfy around Christmas time, I recommend that is when you watch Band of Brothers. I do it every year, it just works and is comfy as fuck. Generation Kill is pure HBO kino. I recommend it to people who have no interest in war movies all the time.

If you're interested there are a TON of classic WW2 movies from the sixties or so that I can recommend also.

Thank you user. That's enough content to last me a while I think.

check out some of those 60's war movies someday tho for real, they are classics.

>no Das Boot
>no Kajaki
>no Hamburger Hill

Why even live?

I saw a few 60s nuke movies so I think I might watch war movies from that period in the future.

He's a newb, I was trying to ease him in. Hamburger Hill is one of my favorites.

wtf. is that real

>war movies
>somehow good

The best war movie i've seen is Grave of the Fireflies honestly and was done by japs

>being this n*w

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_papillomavirus_infection

Did it make you cry?
>tfw watch in in freshman world studies class and girls crying and getting bluepilled
On a different subject, will Maduro ever be forced out?

w-what is nature trying to tell us

Post war kino from your countries

>Gloria del Pacifico (war against chile, some shitty scenes but good overall)
>La Boca del lobo (against terrorists, almost no combat, just horrors of war)
>Dias de Santiago (not exactly war but it involves war veterans, really good)

Recommend me some my nigs.

Die Brücke (not sure what the English title is), Stalingrad (the German one),
Tuntematon sotilas (if you can stomach a 3 hour Finnish movie)

war is fucking terrible. nobody should be glorifying war, no matter what.

>implying HPV wasn't genetically engineered by Kabbalah mystics

i honestly cried like a motherless child

I don't know about Maduro's faith man, he's here today, tomorrow may not be in the presidential seat.

You guys killed Chavez man and he was like a fucking demigod already, anything is possible when we talk about american technology

>Stalingrad (the German one)
Thanks but can't find this one though. Should I watch the new russian one?

Why was the enemy able to take out 75 men but not this guy? They must have retreated when he moved in to retrieve them. This story is exaggerated like all war stories.

*fate

Why do you think America is responsible?

The new Russian one is basically 300 set in WW2, in terms of style. If you want a shoot em up action war movie watch it. There are better.

The new russian one is not a war film at all.
It's worth to see if you want to compare it to others.

This is the one I was talking about: imdb.com/title/tt0108211/?ref_=tt_rec_tti

I haven't seen the Russian one, but it smells a bit like modern nationalist propaganda to me.

Has anyone seen White Tiger? How is it?

In real life he supposedly also point blank shot krauts in the head as he ran by.

I think I'll skip it then, thanks.

Okay thanks user.

>*fate
oops, i try not to make such awful mistakes

You (and by you i mean your secret sadistic agencies and feds, not the actual ameribros, y'all cool tbqh) are responsible for a lot of atrocities around the world, with the excuse of protecting the world against terrorism and stuff, most of it is created and financed by you guys too, so you basically "pay and give the change" to yourselves.

I don't mean to create controversy or something, but you guys did kill Chavez. Like it or not, he was loved by many people over here

>win 20 wars in US history
>lose 1

Uh...

Oh, I wanna add that "Patton" is also pretty good, but it's more like a biographical movie instead of a typical war movie.

Happened to watch this one recently. It was interesting how different it felt from a typical war movie. The battles being shot from the commander's point of view rather than from an individual soldier's point of view made it seem more devastating.

Was he wrong for slapping those yellow bellies?

I wish they had used his original, profanity-laden speech desu. Still, it was great.

youtube.com/watch?v=NDAWaYu-YCo

A Bridge Too Far
Lawrence of Arabia
Pretty Village, Pretty Flame
Paths of Glory
All Quite on the Western Front
Che
The 317th Platoon
Johnny Mad-Dog
The Odd Angry Shot

Who cares,Silence will take the Oscar

Thanks
>A Bridge Too Far
Is that the one that Top Gear made a challenge of

Patton is a bad ass that the Illuminati killed before so he couldn't become president.

Please no. Mel received a 10 minute standing ovation at Cannes even though he's hated by the film industry jews.

dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1339271/Mel-Gibson-called-oven-dodger-claims-Winona-Ryder.html
It's just banter, Shlomo.

I don't watch it so couldn't say.

OI CUNT
I MADE THIS LIST FOR THIS MOMENT
imdb.com/list/ls066794716?pf_rd_m=A2FGELUUNOQJNL&pf_rd_p=2668817482&pf_rd_r=0PDS9Z0BYQ967BC196Z3&pf_rd_s=right-4&pf_rd_t=48201&pf_rd_i=watchlist&ref_=wt_otl_3
HERE ARE MY FAVORITE FUCKING WAR MOVIES ASIDE FROM THE OBVIOUS SHIT IN ALSO WATCH BLACH HAWK DOWN

The movie is fucking predictable desu...
Guys goes to war without a gun hated by everybody,saves the day,returns as a hero.bla bla bla

Nah, pretty sure they were referencing the Bridge on the River Kwai.

Which is also something you should watch.

>>edgy British director makes a movie about his country's entire military force in the field retreating and trying to spin it as some sort of glorious action
youtube.com/watch?v=l8IkbCeZ9to

Thanks guy, this seems like a nice list.

No problem, just know some are subtitled.

I don't mind subtitles.

Alright thanks buddies.

Cool
Also forgot, Blue Ruin, Brother and Jeremiah Johnson are gun related and not War related.

20? I don't think any of the clusterfucks circa 1953 can be considered a win.

Notes

movies don't have to be unpredictable to be good.

White Tiger is shit. It's inferior both to the classic soviet cinema and to the original novel