How old were you when you realized this is easily among the ten greatest albums of all time

Well, Sup Forums?

I realized shortly thereafter that I was wrong.

I realized it when I heard You're Welcome for the first time.

>Easy my child, it's just enough to believe.
>Out of the wild, into what you can conceive.
That song will always blow my mind

Top 100 maybe but anyone who makes a fucking top 100 list anyway is a massive faggot

It has fun chord changes but that's about it

But its a compilation album.

>Half the album lyrics is "child child child is father of the maaan"
I do love Smile but what the hell do those lyrics even mean?

The lyrics on this album are mostly garbage, psychedelic gibberish.

It's a compilation of 19-20 tracks that probably would have made up the album if it came out in 1967 like it was suppose to, with some bonus tracks. I don't like Brian Wilson Presents SMiLE as much because he has old-man voice in it.

how you feel about Sup Forums posters who were born 10 years after beach boys reign and do not know who they even are

If you can't decipher this albums lyrics, I might be afraid you're actually illiterate.
There is nothing that outrageous here

>Surf's up mmm mmm mmm mmm mmm mmm mmm ummm a tidal wave

what did he mean by this?

this

would have been the best album of all times if they just cleaned the original voices and placed 'em over the instrumentals

HOW CAN A CHILD BE FATHER OF A MAN EXPLAIN PLEASE

It has too many songs about barnyards and chickens

But most of those track were just recording sessions until they were edited in 1989. It has recordings from 1971, and the track list and order were decided by Darian Sahanaja in 2004.

that life is beautiful

Pfft. If anything, it has too few songs about barnyards and chickens.

Rebirth of the listeners childhood innocence
Its a very old expression, your parents never told you that?
The things a young child sees, hears, and feels, shapes him later on in life
No one else was doing that, hell, hardly anyone was. Do you seriously not think its cool to have agricultural themes in music?

no it's about surfing retard

This. It sounds like fucking Jack and the Beanstalk.

Haha missed that one buddy, thanks! :^)

Never heard that expression before, wasn't raised in an english speaking country, thanks for clarifying that though.

They're not made to be deciphered, if you think you have figured out the meaning you've just created meaning for yourself (which to be fair was exactly what van dyke parks wanted you to do)

>when I first heard that

nofunallowed.jpg

Vega-Tables and My Only Sunshine are GOAT