Is Japan totalitarian?

If you don't follow 1000 arbitrary social rules and don't bow 100 times a day, you'll get literally bullied into suicide. You are expected even in school to be a well-functioning cog without any feelings. You are expected to repeat the perverse version of history the government tells you and worship people who slaughtered the Chinese.

How can we still regard that nation as democratic and Western and ever hope to understand them? They are basically a mixture of insects and robots.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yAHKqtsGZLU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

In all fairness this is true of various European countries as well especially Germany and Scandinavia.

Is it really that different elsewhere in East Asia? Aren't they all pretty much like this (corpratist hivemind)?

I don't think so. These societies are extremely individualist. Maybe 60 years you'd be right.

>They are basically a mixture of insects and robots.

I feel lonely.

Maybe not to the extreme of Japan, but no, Sweden is pretty collectivist and don't value individualism as much as the Netherlands or Anglo countries.

I don't know... egalitarian doesn't mean collectivist.

Literally bowing in front of a train
youtube.com/watch?v=yAHKqtsGZLU

There is some element in the Asian soul which freaks me out. For example: They never eat with knifes and forks, because those are considered weapons. But how wicked do you have to be that merely the presence of sharp weapons triggers in you some kind of temptation or something. A normal human doesn't even think about it.

Another example. If you go and drink with your boss in Japan you are not allowed to look at him while taking a sip. You have to look away.

>They never eat with knifes and forks
I have to call bullshit on that one.

>you are not allowed to look at him while taking a sip
That one is true, not exclusive to Japan either.

>There is some element in the Asian soul which freaks me out. For example: They never eat with knifes and forks, because those are considered weapons. But how wicked do you have to be that merely the presence of sharp weapons triggers in you some kind of temptation or something. A normal human doesn't even think about it.

...where did you get these knowledge from?

>bullied into suicide
lmao cuck

Do you use a knife a fork?

I love Italian food, my friend love american burger. Can you explain to me why do our crazy youth celebrate western christian festival ?

Wut no

Consumerism is universal

Because it's fucking fun. There is no other reason.

Hey that's me

ofc but I rarely use a knife cause basically japanese foods don't require a knife.

Japanese are cultural cuckolds

>cuckolds

In other words, freedom.

>freedom

Do you even know what that word means, Satoshi?

Sweden is only collectivist in the sense that you're very much expected to follow the social norms. Said norms being very individualistic in nature. It's still one of the most individualistic countries in the world but not necessarily in terms of self-expression in the open. The truly "original" personalities you might find in nations like the US are way more sedate or harder to identify over here.

Welcome to post-modernity. In the majority of history humans were occupied with merely surviving, just like nations. They literally had to spent 99% of their time on hard work, simply for not being wiped out. Women had to have 10 children, because if your enemy has 10 and you have 5 you'll get wiped out.

Today everyone survives. Even if you are a shithole your nation basically can't wiped out anymore. Food production is so efficient that nations can only spend 1% of their labor on producing it.

What do we do with the rest of the labor and time? We pursue mindless consumerism and engange in ever increasing fun, because stopping to do so would catapult humanity into an existential crisis.

Do the Somalians follow the cultural norms?

shut up the dog of the Nazis
Do you know whether tens of thousands of people are still dead with your weapon?
You are a merchant of death

Why you gotta go there, man.

people one day said that humans wouldn´t work in the future, because hummanity would not need to spend too much time working since machines would do it. today exist enough technology to work for just a few hours a week, and have enough fod and shelter to have a happy life. the sistem we live today, the pursue of mindless consumerism who destroy nature and put in risk all humanity, do not have logic explanation

If you can't 頑張る then maybe 自殺 is the right course of action.

Modern Western liberal democracy is starting to look like unsustainable decadence that will collapse in on itself. Perhaps Japan will be as close as a nation is able to get to liberal democracy while enduring the test of time. Europe certainly won't.

Working hard =/= being a drone.