movie soundtracks count right?

I was 5

Second album I listened to properly

if music then metallica/iron maiden, if patrician no love deep web

dad gave me queen II and i obsessed over it. i hate queen now

SOMEBODY

>patrician
>no love deep web

These, along with Elliott Smith's discog and a few others did it for me. I couldn't to a single album and say "yep this is the one".

I was 13. Good times.

>using a normie emoji

Spotted the pleb

Found my parents physical disk and put it on my shitty 500mb MP3 player.

I was nine or ten.

Ofcourse I'd heard music all my life, but this album was the first I obsessed over.

I went on a traditional country/rockabilly binge as a sixth grader. Later in 9th grade I was into sublime and pepper, I shit all over country for a while but then went back to my roots

cool

For listening to full albums it was this

Shit forgot pic

Fuck yeah cunt

Turned me from EDM kid to what i am today

It's what made me search for music outside of my comfort zone

Stoned-ass 16 year old, lights out, eyes closed... blew my mind.

I listened to a bunch of shitty ska before this, but this is where I started to listen to other stuff besides ska

not even lying

Isn't that an album that comes with a computer?

Is it any good?

Only one of the songs one it came with windows 7.

Its alright, nothing too spectacular. It got me into breakbeat and downtempo and I branched out into jazz, krautrock and a lot of other stuff from there.

>2006
>14 year old me getting high for the first time in my best friends bedroom
>His older brother smells the weed and comes in
>You boys wanna listen to this mate (I'm an ausfag)
>Hardcore Pops are Fun starts playing

Man that was it, music never sounded as good as this album did right then

Same brother

chingon- mexican spaghetti western

I remember listening to this on the school bus.

made me the edgelord i was for so long

no longer an edgy fuck tho
godbless

Yep that's the one
Used to exclusively listen to classic rock and be one of those "music today isn't the same" cringy moros until I heard this and it expanded my horizons tenfold. Made me reevaluate everything I liked about music.

go back to r9k fucking autistic faggot

and i'm not the guy you replied to you insecure fuck ass

i own a t-shirt with this on it. am i a cheesy loser?

pic related

damn good taste OP

Nice!

how old were you guys

same for me

Like 15
If you mean just plain listening to music either my dad's Beatles albums or ABBA Live

Pic related was the first album that made me want to start exploring music seriously.

I think this was the first album I ever had. Or maybe it was Running with Scissors.

I was 14 and a friend introduced me to Dead Kennedy's, Minor Threat, The Ramones and Metallica

if you liked burial at 15 then you're a cool dude. i've only heard untrue by him and i love that shit. how old are you now? can you rec me some more edm based on the fact that both of us like burial? also where do you live?

Just turned 19 a month ago, tho I may have been 16 idk its been a couple years, Toronto if you need to know, idk much like Burial, his production style is really unique. I'd definitely listen to his entire discography, including singles, his remixes, everything. Except the new track he did with Zomby, poor William. If you like Burial you might like Four Tet, Kode9, and Massive Attack and Jamie XX. A lot of people who like Burial also like a lot of IDM and experimental electronic. Artists like Boards of Canada, Autechre, Arca, even Aphex Twin might interest you. On the more EDM side, if you enjoy the dark. London Sound", you will probably enjoy the light "London Sound" by artists like Disclosure, SBTRKT, Gorgon City, Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs, Rudimential, rappers like Dizzy Rascal and Tinie Tempah, even non-brit producers such as Flume and Zhu. You might also want to check out old school dubstep like Skream, Benga, etc. Grime rap like Skepta and Kano. Boiler Room mixes are also full of these sounds and whatever they are playing on BBC radio is game.

>19
>has a trip
it all makes sense now

Meet me in /daily/

Nice.

Thank you dude. You're a considerate music-lover. I like you caviarrr.

Not going to lie
o
t

g
o
i
n
g

t
o

l
i
e

I really love how 90% of you all are lying

don't tell me what to do

Seasons gets me hard.

Same, when I was in high school. I learned how to play most of the untitled tracks from Usually Just a T shirt and it made me a much better guitarist.

Ayy, literally just found this album 10 min ago. Pretty good so far.

How did you just learn about it? I've seen it on t shirts everywhere.
I should listen to it. How are you finding it, user?

This. Heard this when I was 13 because I heard it was well loved. Blew the doors open for me.

It was just so eye-opening. More Specifically this youtube.com/watch?v=dfyNnUgK8qE&index=5&list=LL8bM9rmHIczfvFgjZIfQIEQ

Me too my nigga

I remember picking it off my parents shelf of CDs because I knew REM from it's the end of the world as we know it. I bought eponymous right after and listened to both those CDs so many times.

My buddy showed me this when i was 14, i made a pandora radio station on it, then i found bonobo, then four tet, and my life was literally changed forever, i started sharing the music i liked with girls and got my first girlfriend freshman year of highschool, generally fealt like i had some kind of substantive personality that gave me the courage to make changes in my life, im still terrible at everything and my only skills are as an EMT but im sure i wouldnt even have that if it wasnt for music..

you are for asking

Close to the Edge and Fragile were my shit as I got into music.

Love this album. :D

I'm not posting this ironically, it's actually THE album

I was 12 or 13 and I secretly still love this shit a decade later

I was six