CHI-

CHI-

Other urls found in this thread:

sdcitybeat.com/article-17982-día-de-los-muertos-makeup-is-culture-not-a-trendy-halloween-costume.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Mexican-American

Huh. I wore that tonight and it seemed like a trendy costume.

Dressing up and painting your face in dia de muertos is American influence ffs, no one does that in the traditional (pictured)

Fuck these SJWs screwing the fun for everyone, if she was a legit religious believer in dia de muertos she wouldn't be painting her face

>le st. patrick's day

Here's the article if you wanna delight in some chicano stupidity - sdcitybeat.com/article-17982-día-de-los-muertos-makeup-is-culture-not-a-trendy-halloween-costume.html

this desu

no thank you, the title is disgusting enough

I don't care if white Americans paint their faces that way

Do real Mexicans care about that kind of stuff enough to be offended?

real mexicans don't care about anything
that's why their country is a shithole

>sdcitybeat
literally who
whenever someone post these articles they are always from some obscure blog

Bit rude. Mexicans are nice.

It was being shared all over Facebook today from various friends, so it must be big enough to have traction with normies.

>real mexicans don't care about anything
p much

>Fantasizes about how her family would mourn her and build an altar for her if she had died facinging her "mental situation"
>Does grant herself the privilege of choosing which white people people can paint their face.

Pictured is the original source for catrina drawn as satire by a white Mexican. How the fuck are Chicanos misappropiating our culture? People who know shit about Mexico really?

Nobody Cares
>One cis white male's take on one Mexican-American woman's opinion

Chicanos are major Aztecboos, dude, except their knowledge about Aztecs all comes from pop anthropology and movies.

>american """""""christianity"""""""

STFU Sharter, you nihilist motherfukers are about to elect someone who will very well burn the world down because you genuinely don't give a fuck

this, Catrina is a made up character from the early XX century, everybody who has gone through fucking history classes in the primary school knows that.

Seriously Chicanos are a fucking cancer.

>posadas
>white

do you need to twist your definition of white that much so you can fit in?

What does that have to do with anything?

I'd love to leave those pocho motherfuckers stranded on the bad side of tepito, see how they get along with the people closest to pure blooded Aztecs

every fucking year is the same, all those SJW white women get triggered by superior mexican culture
pic related true catrina and goddes

that he is going to drill Hillary's butt

edgy

i didn't say they weren't nice
but they really are apathetic

at least it's we have two parties and our elections are close
if i recall correctly there is like one party in Mexico and they've been president for several decades in a row

boy you're stupid

>there is like one party
American education

>Mexicans are nice.
those are a small minority, which is applicable to all ethnic groups stereotyped as shit/savage.

>Stetian education

Are chicanos to Mexicans as "Plastic paddies" are to the Irish?

Santa Muerte

what political parties where your last 5 presidents

Almost

> one party in Mexico
Oh my the american in touch with the world

kek, intellectual rednecks

catholics truly are pagans

Pri
Pri
Pan
Pan
Pri
But I guess you're fucking inbred cletus that thinks presidents hold any real power. This is how our congress looks like, could you please show me yours?

Why don't Mexican-Americans just celebrate the fact that they're culturally colonising Halloween?

Fuck off /pole dancer, yeah the guy may have been technically castizo, you've never seen ugly med types before? Anyone of his rank in the time he lived in would've been immersed in Criollo culture anyway

> The PRI had governed Mexico uninterrupted for 71 years until it was defeated by theNational Action Party(PAN) in 2000.

>t was defeated by theNational Action Party(PAN) in 2000
So...? We do have more than one party... now where was your line of tought?

But you're average everyday CHI doesn't care . I saw this on fb and all the CHIS were telling them to quit being whiny bitches
t.CHI

>this is his house of representatives
>Having the right to call others undemocratic.

Half-ethnic children in the US grow up treating whatever minority culture they have as sacred.

It's because they face a crisis of identity.

Their attitude towards their minority American culture is very different from the people who live in a foreign country where that culture is dominant or originates.

Their identity is actually the identity of an American minority, not that of the actual country their parents immigrated from. All Asians become "asian and pacific islanders". All people from south of the border become Latino.

The house flips majority every couple of years, and as much as the left hates the right and vice versa, the parties balance each other and lead to progress.
Only lazy third world countries elect the same leaders for decades on end.

>Only lazy third world countries elect the same leaders for decades on end.

uhhh....

>implying Mexican-Americans aren't appropriating my culture in the first place

I see people from different parties there

SHIT DAY OF THE DEAD

YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS MY DUDES

I want to drink tequila in a sombrero

>a healthy balance in the representative chamber leads to progress
yeahhh? so?
>elect the same leaders is shit
Dunno man, my representative is a Partido Verde member, 4 years ago was PRD. If you're talking about the representative power, then yeah. We've chosen the same representative majority? Do you know the exact social and political behavior that caused this?

>Mexicans saying that Americans invented that face paint style

yeah, no you fucking cunts. that comes from you. perhaps we use it more nowadays, just like Pizza, but that shit ain't American. fuck outta here.

Yes politicians end up talking to each other.

I'm sure people can post pictures of Australian politicians doing the same thing

This desu.

That's a good answer man, I agree, it's till technically misapropiating our culture tho. Mexico City is now organizing the first Dia de Muertos parade based on the opening sequence of Spectre, they expect this to become an anual thing which I find awesome. So leaving aside is now British and American film makers making a real contribution to Mexican culture, the idea is it does attract tourists who will of course be more than welcome to paint and costume themselves and fully participate without requiring the authorization of a Chicana SJW.

So on the one hand you have Mexican officials, business and in general the inhabitants of what was founded as the Aztec capital, which is btw ruled by a leftist government, trying to make the world embrace this tradition, as in actually putting money and effort into this, let's keep in mind these types of things often get done with the help of volunteers.

On the other hand you have an American citizen who thinks she knows better and wants to use this to feel like a special snowflake. Fuck that man.

>Only lazy third world countries elect the same leaders for decades on end.
Yeah like America?

I have never seen a woman dressed as a catrina in here desu.

They look fucking qt desu. I have friens who are models and oh boy.

Halloween is fun because there are no limits, it's a holiday, a time to relax and have a laugh before going back to real life. It's all one big play, it's a big fucking joke. People go as controversial political figures, dead celebrities, historical peoples, literal memes, and it's all a jest not to be taken seriously as appropriation or anything else. It holds an especially important place in the US, where the news and politics are often so ridiculous that people need satire and parody to cope with it. We will never let Halloween go the way of political correctness.

We have term limits m8

where the fuck are you from?, in here every día de muertos at the offerings contest you would see 2 or 3

Well said man

Monterrey.

I see, do you guys don't make offerings contests?

Isn't Halloween a Scottish holiday anyways, aren't we already appropriating or whatever as it is?

Yes but I've never seen anybody dressed like that in here and I've even been to the "cool" places in San Pedro for several years.

It's some celtic pagan shit I think.

>it's till technically misapropiating our culture tho.

They do that all the time.

guising yeah. Its similar in some ways but its its own thing not to be confused with halloween.

People share without even reading just because it's a cheap way to get your superiority fix

Only "I'm offended by people being offended" autists like yourself actually read the article and have a strong emotional reaction to it

Well I just googled it, the word Halloween is literally from Scots gaelic and trick or treating was all their idea, and it was brought to North America by Anglicans. kek, that's some cultural appropriation.

>what is a term limit
bong """education"""

And now Brits and Aussies get asspained over it

>Caring about articles on the internet.

They probably don't give a shit, but it's funny that the chicano girl is complaining about cultural appropriation on a European holiday was my point

You kidding. They've been shitting themselves over for the past few days because they view it as Americanization

Literally who? I have the normiest of the normiest friends in FB and they haven't posted shit about it except for buzzfeed videos on makeup tutorials.
If someone is making culture appropriation is us, we just began a made up parade to not let down tourist who saw the last James bond movie. I mean is fucking cool as shit to have this kind of parades, and they look sick af.

Literally this.

I was referring to Brits and Aussies

Do Americans get upset when people dress as cowboys?
Do Germans get upset when people wear lederhosen?
Do Aussies get upset when people dress as crocodile hunters?
Do Swedes get upset when guys dress up like girls?

Why are non-whites so fucking sensitive? No wonder we rule the world.

Mexican culture is spoopy 2bh

>IN GOD WE TRUST
>HOL UP just let me take part in some gay demonic pagan festival
Western "Christians", everyone

We don't care and all of that SJW shit happens in America don't blame leaf.

The american magic of turning woman into entitled bitching bitches strikes again. She should be celebrating any of her deceased relatives with some good tequila instead

Not that user, but here the Día de Muertos, as the way is celebrated in the rest of the country, is pretty new.
To be fair it wouldn't be a thing here if not for the government and other cultural institutions pushed hard that tradition in the 70s-80s, but the things that were done here were more simple, go to the graveyard to give maintenance to the graves, praying for the souls of the dead, things like that.

No

It just looks funny when someone that isn't from the Americas does it

Women turning into an entitled bitch would happen anywhere. If Mexico was the world's number one superpower with nothing serious to worry about Mexican women would have the same problems and be even worse than they are now

Actually I understand her. When I was in USA I saw hip hop faggots dressed up like picreleated. I really wanted to smash their faces. It's a shimnik attire. A type of monk who gives extra vows: wear huge and heavy chains or silence vow. Why do they wear it? Really irritating me.

I've never seen a non hispanic dress like their lady of the dead.

Orthodoxy is truly a cancer

Latvians are Lutherans.

Orthodox are still nearly 20% of the population.

Cowboys are Mexican, though.

This, they only took Vaquero culture and named them Cowboys.

I HURT MYSLEF TODAY...