What does Sup Forums think about 21 Pilots?

What does Sup Forums think about 21 Pilots?

its for white suburban kids and the only people i know who like it are white suburban kids

here to the stars
and by the candy bars
rides a kid with a knack for invention
with a super powered mind
a mechanical canine
rescues the day from sure destruction

only real 1s recognize these bars where's this shit from my niggas

Jimmy fucking Neutron lad

dying meme

it's all been one fucking guy, this OP

I keep getting recommended this album. Any good?

this nigga KNOWS

Seriously. This.

You can tell when he's sleeping. It's not even a forced meme, it's just one guy with an undying passion for shitposting.

No. Someone keeps spamming it to try to make it Sup Forumscore. It's like the Jason Aldean thing, but worse.

You calling Jason Aldean a meme partner? You obviously just haven't sank far enough into his discography.

You know what, they're okay. I don't think they're the best musicians in the history of music, or even this year, probably don't deserve the amount of fanbase they have, but they're just alright. Sup Forums just hates them because of Sup Forums hates popular things

If Flobots and Magic! had a baby it would be 21 Pilots.

you don't fucking get it

true but that doesn't answer the question

vessles album was good, second was shit. No, it's not because they got more popular

I refuse to listen to them judging by their fanbase. I know it's prejudice, but the people I know that love them are obnoxious Top 40 faggots and pseudo-hipster girls

Rocko's Modern Life.

Thing is, most pop already channels its creators personality authentically. Popstars like taylor swift or katy perry dont have to whine and scream out how unique they are, because their stuff already says it for them. I enjoy katy perry and taylor swift, but not twenty one pilots, because they feel the need to specifically have to announce how unique they are, meaning they are not very unique.

>im a REAL hipster X)

This

but Sup Forums likes animal collective, neutral milk hotel, and beefheart, all of which have been quite successful names in the industry

always been a weird sort of rule, someone that specifically tries to be unique or 'noncomformist' often ends up conforming to a culture or image harder

Contradiction
Is
Life!!!!

I've never heard a more retarded statement in my life.

How does 21 pilots scream about how "unique" they are.

>I enjoy Katy Perry and Taylor Swift

Opinion disregarded. Carry on

rule 3

Not an arugment

rule 2

See

rule 32

>unable to see how whiny and shitty 21 pilots is in how they try so fucking hard to seem smart and unique, often verbally pointing out how smart and unique/different they are
>thinks taylor swift and katy perry arent good/anyone that likes them must know less about music than they do

i hate myself so much for checking on a board so full of underages, i bet you cannot even play any instrument and your idea of being "into" music is listening to semi obscure rym core you fag

If you like Katy Perry and Taylor Swift but somehow think that 21 Pilots is the bane of all bad music, then you don't know shit about music. You're just a Sup Forums parrot trying to fit in.

>bane of bad music

never said that, never said their music was especially "bad' to start with.
>Sup Forums parrot trying to fit in
coming from a rule 3 that just HATES pop music GRR?!
L O L
O
L
>dont know shit
funny, yet here you are claiming pop is inherently unquality and anyone that likes them is ignorant

again, do you actually play an instrument? do you think you know anything more about music than a top 40 listener simply because you read pitchfork and rym and then just repeat the general consensus on "smart people" opinions?

does bowling for soup only do cartoon themes

>Read comments on 21 pilots video for ride
>Why so many dislikes?
>It's just really mad hipsters
>mfw

I've been playing the piano and guitar since I was 13. I've listened to hundreds more albums than you nigga, most of which are 80s and early 90s pop by the way. I've sifled through my fair share of shit music.

They aren't wrong

quite interesting, but just mediocre imo.
still understand that someone like this album.

i was underage too, i know how easy it is to lie in anonymity online when it gives you an upper hand in an argument. if you really *had* done this, you wouldnt dismiss something purely for being pop, or someone who likes pop. people that study and genuinely enjoy music are never in that manner, only fags who want to feel special but not put in the effort think like that, ive found. just keep pretending and using music as a fashion accessory to give yourself more personality, lol.

What do you expect, I'm from Seattle

Let me tell you Sup Forumstherfuckers a tale.

>Be me
>Like this gril
>Ask gril out
>Says ok
>Goes on date
>Pretty ok
>Few days later she dumps me
>Says she doesn't want a relationship right now, but that I'm pretty cool
>Never speaks to me again
>She fucking LOVES 21 Pilots just like every other white bitch I know
>Went to their concert
>Started getting as many tattoos and piercings as she could
>Basically tried to make herself a "radical punk rocker"
>Dyed her hair black
>Got their latest album on vinyl
>Doesn't have a record player
>She'll be going to a community college in Seattle so she can be part of the "grunge scene" there

If a girl likes 21 pilots you must cunt punt her

>mfw my younger sister is fucking obsessed with them
does cuntpunting a sibling count as incest?

I think they have a lot of decent musical ideas, but they just can't seem to actually get them to be unique or really their own. Like I think they're close (in theory anyway) to being a decent to good band, but their music just isn't very good. The people in the band seem competent, but their music just sounds schizophrenic to me by jumping through so many different styles and ideas, they'll go through a lot of these ideas but they aren't really doing much to make them unique or interesting.

They have an entire song about how mainstream music sucks, but they're just about as "mainstream music" as you can get.

How the fuck does one associate Twenty One Pilots with "grunge"? Do these people even know what the fuck actual grunge music is besides Nirvana? And it's not even like TOP sounds anything remotely like Nirvana.

avant meme thread

My black gf likes it but she has some shitty taste obviously, but she listens to decent stuff with me