P4k reviews

Why does p4k never give out mean reviews anymore.

Has music gotten objectively better recently?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FXMBLs3Zr7s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

who cares

Given how influential their opinions are on modern music - i do.

> influential their opinions are on modern music
i think you mean fans bro. real musicians wont really care what some group of chimps writes about them.

man you sure are showing yourself as being pretty retarded recently.

I'm just trying to give meaningful contributions. I just want to create a positive atmosphere

it is ok i forgive you. just try harder not to be so dumb next time, alright?

>real musicians wont really care what some group of chimps writes about them
They have a large hand in who and who does not make it in the industry, though. They're the reason that talantless hacks like Real Estate and Grimes have careers

Please get a trip so I can filter you
You're not special you're just another anonymous shithead and the only difference is you've got a different name than the rest of us

Pitchfork just panders. In the 2000s they were pandering to elitist hipsters who listened to bad indie, now they're pandering to safe-space tumblrinas who only like hearing positive things about music (especially if it's a mainstream corporate shill artist).

I don't really understand this meme that Pitchfork was ever good. Their positions have always been inauthentic and whatever humour was in their old writing style wore off after one or two reviews.

see: Diiv

better example, yeah

lol im not hte same guy hahaa

Protip: form your own fucking opinions.

holy fucking shit dude

WOAH

Shit, cat.

my nails peel back

lol, whateer happened to that video of the guy reading it out

>yfw that review inspired this Jet b-side
>yfw this shite proved Pitchfork right

youtube.com/watch?v=FXMBLs3Zr7s

fuck off, real estate are awesome summer indie pop

Whats a trip?

It's gotten objectively worse but so has P4K. They sold out upstream big time, and have changed their web UI to only support 4 reviews a day. Not to mention the new Like Us On Facebook pop-up they've started using now. Pitchfork is corporate now.

true, but they would have a lot fewer fans if p4k never gave them BNM. if you don't think p4k has influence on the music industry you're delusional

not to mention all their new clickbait articles

Yeah they've given fucking Justin Bieber and Nick Jonas 6/10

If you're gonna pan somebody, pan 'em hard.

the answer is that the score used to be determined by the reviewer, and the whole review was a product of the individual subjectivity of the reviewer. But then people got mad at the inconsistency, "How could pitchfork give a 6.8 to [boring indie thing] but give an 8.2 to [other boring indie thing]." So now the scores are determined by an editiorial committee who minimizes the hyperbole of the individual. This is also why you don't see the exceptionally high scores that you used to see.

I believe that and it makes a lot of sense.

>wtf I love Pitchfork now