UK vs USA. Which one is better at copying black musicians?

UK vs USA. Which one is better at copying black musicians?

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/blueskycatastrophe/minerva
youtube.com/watch?v=DvMBxlu62c0
youtube.com/watch?v=JC7rqk3kmRU
instagram.com/p/BHrOOY9Byod/?tagged=joannajedrzejczyk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

uk

UK

uk

white brits improved on black yank rock

then white yanks tried to improve on brit rock and ruined it

USA by far. UK watered everything down. USA never forgot to to keep it raw and real. UK might just be the most overrated country/set of countries to ever make music. If they didn't exist, the idea of stupid watered down bullshit in music wouldn't have happened as much and music as a whole would be better.

>burgers actually believe this

i'll leave you alone with your kid rock cd in your trailer

Bait or incredibly patriotic American
>inb4 "shut up commie"

Sick trips, famalam

i can promise you it's an overly patriotic burger

Compare Beefheart and Magic Band to every generic 70s Blues based hard rock band.

Let's use this example. The American artist decided to take the blues and further expand it by somehow finding a way to make it more complex while still retaining the raw feel of blues and creating a brand new atmosphere. The British artists on the other hand watered down the same blues that they have been inspired from. By taking the raw emotional/sometimes lusty vocals into these pussy ass high pitched vocals that don't feel all that emotional due to one particular range and delivery. By making the riffs feel more static rather than the more swingy moving feel of actual blues riffs. By watering down ideas discussed in blues songs into BABY BABBYYYY. British music has been and always will be the bane of popular music.

>british """""""""""""""rock"""""""""""""""

>"a pip pip cheerio beatley doo"
>*4/4 drumbeat stiffer than a death erection*
>"i loves me queen and so should you"
>*tinny guitar solo*
>"ooooh yeah yeah yeah"
>*9th chord*

Gee, I dunno OP.

Who are the best American artists producing;

Trip hop
Jungle
Broken beat

lol

Enjoy you American reggae AKA ''hip hop'' and EDM, Skrillex is awshum xD

You mean music for orange-skinned girls to wet themselves and chew on pacifiers to?

I couldn't say.

Even with the shitty recent trend of EDM, our electronic music has always had far more soul and groove than anything UK has ever put out. Even amongst electronic fans UK is known to be an emotionless shithole. You guys always take the fun out of everything.

Don' be too jealous we excel in genres no one is intelligent enough to produce there

Oh, I'll try.

> far more soul and groove than anything UK has ever put out.

Trip Hop is barely electronic music. Usually it's synthesized real instruments with someone whining on top about nothing.

Jungle is what the Jamaicans brought over. UK watered it down with DnB.

Broken Beat is the technical prog wank of electronic music.

Who else can't do british accents in music here? It's not a total dealbreaker for me but it does take away from it. I love plenty of british albums but they could never be my very favorite because the vocals will always be missing something.

Also why can't Euros into jambands?

>generic edm trash of the past
>even close to america's best

Oh and it's not even like Europe sucks at making music. The rest of Europe has great stuff. It's just UK that really just stops making music fun.

I can't stand most American accents in music
They sound whiney usually. Pisses me off because it means I can't get into anco and other such bands

Nah, odd-time dubstep is the technical prog wank of electronic music.
soundcloud.com/blueskycatastrophe/minerva

>implying making watered down electronic music requires a shred of intelligence

Anything but classical is equally trash.

>American reggae AKA ''hip hop''
Wut? Hip Hop is Funk and Disco based.

>cluless pardners

Hip hop was started by a Jamaican DJ.

>being so pleb that not being able to realize that popular and folk music bring things to the table art music doesn't

All form of electronic dance music is dub based though. You should know since UK people go to Jamaica ALL the time due to how shitty and boring UK is. Hell your watered down genre that you created called dubstep is more copycat of dub than hip hop will ever be.

I never denied the influence of Jamaican music and have zero problems with it.

Only jazz.

rock, electronic, r&b, hip hop, contemporary folk etc are all equally vapid and simplistic, none are any higher than others.

what is that even supposed to mean most black musicians are Americans

UK turned black music into rock, but US copied the source material (blues and jazz) better than UK ever could.

USA took Jamaican music and made memerap

UK took Jamaican music and fused it to produce post-punk and other kinds of punk, pop, hip hop, ambient, jungle and drum and bass

this
Brits just cannot into rock and roll

Kool Herc never started Hip Hop. He even mention this in some past interviews and DJ playing of Hip Hop is based around what black disco DJ did in the 70s.

Herc couldn't play reggae songs in parties outside the Jamaican immigrant communities so he had to play James Brown.

careful not to fall for it

>UK turned black music into rock
>what is the 50s
>Chuck Berry, Buddy Holly, Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis? never heard of em

Just a reminder that America created electronic rock music first with Silver Apples without U.K help. So we own those innovations. We also created Rap with Pigmeat Markham without Jamaican help.

youtube.com/watch?v=DvMBxlu62c0

youtube.com/watch?v=JC7rqk3kmRU

>electronic rock
>good

You didn't create '''rap''. Rap is a vocal style going back centuries under different names.

Also Silver Apples created Kraut-Rock, Post Punk and Minimal synth.

American punk: ironic, intellectual, rebellious, experimental
English punk: ARRRR ANARCHY

This is a shit thread anyways so can someone help me identify this song?
instagram.com/p/BHrOOY9Byod/?tagged=joannajedrzejczyk

Yes I know the original or the remix whatever is some garbage by skrillex, I heard this version and I just wanna know.

user wasn't asking for american EDM.

I was just thinking it would make a badass walkout song and wanted to hear the full version..

Nancy Wilson!

everytime I ask myself whether this board can get shittier I find a thread like this

>music for orange-skinned girls to wet themselves and chew on pacifiers to
that's every american genre ever

Sup Forums was good to begin with.

*never

Nice quads homie