Revisiting: Because The Internet

Album holds up and is aging remarkably
Any other similar (not 2 obvious) albums?

Other urls found in this thread:

sandoctor.bandcamp.com/releases
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Troy!!!!! That was such an endearing character. Heck they all were, what a great show. Community 's cancellation is proof that everyone sucks.

It's a shame Pitchfork gave his first album a 1.6 rating and now he gets meme'd here so hard.

Seriously, read Pitchfork's Camp review. It's completely unprofessional.

He's not a terrible rapper, people just expect him to "go hard" on a record when he's just trying to do his own thing. Plus his production is impressive.

Gambino is one of the worst hip hop acts to hit the mainstream in the 2010's.

As a big hip hop fan, even at its most gimmicky and even untalented artists, Childish Gambino takes the Shit cake. Not only does he have the worst ear for beats in hip hop, but he consistently goes on the laziest, easiest to flow over beats to create a pseudoflow that braindead fans consider "good" because the beat is so easy and because they don't listen to hardly any hip hop outside of hin. He relies on image more than ANYONE in hip hop, using the "o look guys I'm riding the fence between the black and white communities" shtick in a disgustingly distasteful way.

He seldom even makes an attempt at internal rhyme, and his inflection, while catchier and less boring than say BONES, is still cringey enough to warrant a punch in his face. People think he has a lot to say, but outside of a few "witty"(but not really) punchlines, his storytelling is inane and not detailed, his flow is ass, and never makes an interesting or thought provoking point.

He is the epitome of shitty cancer rap, the Jessica Simpson of hip hop, and I don't understand what people see in this talentless shithead.

t. pitchfork

I don't know if they said anything I said but if they did they're completely right. He is terrible

Is this b8?

That's the best thing you've ever said

Shitty music by Bad Taste

Agreed

when it came out i loved the corny lines (i even own the physical CD) but looking back at it most of the tracks aren't very listenable.

still know the lyrics to bonfire and freaks and geeks by heart tho

Fax

sandoctor.bandcamp.com/releases

camp was fucking terrible

camp is the worst hip hop album ever made. He's worse than odd future and I hate to give those mongoloids credit for anything

Looking back at Camp, it really wasn't all that great, but he redeemed himself with Because the Internet and it's impressive production. If Gambino hired guest rappers and just produced, he wouldn't get memed in here.

yep

t. Pitchfork drone

>he's not acting like a wild ape
>Being a normal black guy "acting white"
You're everything wrong with Afro-American culture.

What? There are literally hundreds of actually talented black rappers that don't rely on cheap gimmicks and cringey one-liners and don't "act like wild apes". Just because he's relatively well-spoken doesn't mean he's a good artist, and my reference to his shtick is that he very openly has lines referring to a black culture that he obviously isn't a part of. He's a fake, pandering asshole and his music's trash.

ignoring the meme arguments going on in the thread, BTI is a solid album. it's got a few weak spots but it's very solid otherwise

i used to like him then i heard chance the rapper whos like him but just a million times better

When BTI came out I would just leave it on repeat and go through my day listening to it over and over again

Zealots of Stolkholm isa good song and you're wrong if you think otherwise.

He's Redditcore, but he has done some good.

>completely unprofessional
maybe a little rude but definitely not unprofessional, its very well-written, really establishes its point well

(this is coming from someone who thought bti was decent and hasn't heard camp)

>There are literally hundreds of actually talented black rappers that don't rely on cheap gimmicks and cringey one-liners and don't "act like wild apes".

Can you give some examples please?

Ya man

Ka
Talib Kweli
MF DOOM
Mos Def
Common
Guru
Phonte of Little Brother
Ishmael Butler

There's so many

MF DOOM, Talib Kweli, Common, the list goes on...

I don't think that's fair since I said others and it's not like I'm gonna sit here and list 500, but I respect the meme