youtube.com/watch?v=shKZ_gGaHBs

decent soundtrack but what the FUCK?

>picture discs
>ever

>"I'm such a music geek"
>"errm I think they're on columbia records... is that a thing?"

youtube.com/watch?v=h0B7Z3JERdk

this guy is memeing, right...right?

Funny thing I saw it at a gamestop while I was trying to sell my old video game stuff, not even a record shop

youtube.com/watch?v=ijupc-g8WFs

what a faggot

>WERE GOING TO MAKE AN EPIC SIX RECORD BOXSET OF THE SOUNDTRACK ON BLUE VINYl
>if you can't afford to pay $300 on the second hand market heres a no effort "compliation" picture disc album
i fucking hate this shit so much can spacelab fuck off from making records already

>small vinyls
>columbia records, is that a thing?
>its pink and marbly!!!

klassic kringe
youtube.com/watch?v=88zQ_sf6BMg

the comments are the worst.

can someone else tell me if im missing anything on why picture discs are fucking shit
>over priced as fuck because of the shitty picture gimmick for what it is
>no cardboard jacket because why would you never want to see it
>cheap polybag that probably does nothing to protect the record and gets deformed after a few months
>the """art""" selected to be used as the picture is never anything interesting, almost always the most boring shit possible.
>quality of picture looks bad because of the grooves disorting the picture

am i missing anything else?

they sound like shit because they have to use a special pressing process with multiple thin layers of vinyl so that the picture shows through

youtube.com/watch?v=jKk2tVJGdHs

IS NO ONE GOING TO CHECK THIS

youtu.be/i3QCeftXMjs

youtu.be/ZnKWfeRzHTc

>animals
>underrated
wew

You know the drill.

Every "vinyl collection" video by those Tumblr-y teenagers has Troye Sivan, Marina and Lana Del Ray. Every single one.

bump

youtube.com/watch?v=iq_d8VSM0nw

Pretty good, actually.

>tfw i have TFJ
>tfw i didnt realize how much of a gay following it had when I bought it

youtube.com/watch?v=mRYNK0BnEFI

I think you meant to post this on tumblr

>Boris
>Baby's first doom metal
What the fuck is he on about?

I have no fucking clue what's going on here.

Alright so I know using a cloth to rub your records is a bad idea, but I use a microfiber cloth all the time and they all sound the same, I don't put any pressure on the disc I just drag it across the surface.
Am I fucking them up? I don't have a record cleaning kit so what are some alternatives?

Pic related is the only picture disc I own. No regrets

That's fine

You won't get any dust out of the grooves that way but you'll get surface dust

Get a decent anti-static brush

Anything Beatty related is ace

>American Idiot
>A classic in punk rock

no, everybody here loves to trash on edge metal kids (and they definitely deserved)

Does Sup Forums really think videos like these are cringe? I think it's great to see young people are still interested and excited about the album and don't just stream everything from the internet.

i use this method, albeit without the dishwashing liquid, and do a second just distilled water round after the first. imgur.com/a/jZSbs

youtube.com/watch?v=TYOqGWYthuY

>this one is uhhh...
>Rainbows by Radiohead

pic unrelated

her haircut is rad

Icejjfish is fire

>my next vinyl is
>and it looks like this
>the disc is

Yes. Yes I do. Every single one (no exaggeration) of these tumblr/indie/alternative fuckers who think they have unique taste all own literally the exact set of records with few to no exceptions and it kills me inside that people have taken a hobby which is still practiced to help explore and appreciate music, and turned it into a faux-hipster pissing contest whereby everyone throws themselves into an arms race to get the same Lorde Twenty One Pilots Halsey Lana Del Rey garbage that everyone else owns.

fuck I'm triggered

Oh yeah I just grabbed a pic off google images

that thing seriously wont pick up shit

I got one off Amazon that's really decent but the name of it has rubbed off

>I really wanted a cooler disk for this one, but it's just a black one. Oh well!

lol thank you, also
>panic at the disco
>knuckle puck
>2 21 pilots albums
>2 fall out boy albums
>2 a day to remember albums
>citizen
>LOOK AT HER FUCKING WALL
don't defend this shit man

the way she handels her records is painful, why does she even have in rainbows?

>tfw i always buy the colored/special variants first and then black later since they stay in stock longer most of the time from my experience, and if the black looks amazing with the packaging.
>people think black vinyl isnt cool

i haven't encountered an album where black vinyl looks horrible or even mediocre

>dont defend her, she doesnt listen to radiohead and sufjan and the arcade fire interpol strokes p4kindienbullshit

Black vinyl looks sexy

All I have coloured is Yoshimi on red vinyl

agreed, black looks classy as hell

it's because colored vinyls are so pretty

>calling the record a disk
>calling the record cover a vinyl
>Nirvana Greatest Hits

But... you buy records for the music

You would be surprised how many people don't

I had an incredibly flamboyant old man come into my store i work at and ask me for our picture discs and colored records. I tried to sell him an original pressing of Boris' Pink on translucent pink, but when he said he didn't play them and just looked at them, i felt my nads shrivel

Ended up spending 100 bucks total, buying some Sons of Anarchy picture disc for 50, Manic Street Preachers picture disc, etc

>But you buy records for the music

pretty dumb statement senpai

Hey at least he bought something

I remember hearing two girls in a record store looking at Smiths singles and saying "£8 for one song? What a rip-off"

>was in the cringe thread last night
>manage to see some of the same records from last nights videos today in different videos
HOW

Picture discs are fun collector's items, IMO
They're things you hang up on a wall, not meant for listening

CHECKED

>records that aren't meant for listening

>Picture Discs and Records are the same

you're a moron and you missed the point

they fucking have music on them don't they?

she doesn't have to more than half of radiohead albums are shit, but most the bands are her "favorite" are cringy as fuck

>nose piercing
>bernie 2016 in the middle left
>talking like she thinks she has unique taste
those vague "12x12" squares of paper in the wall better not be thumb tacked album jackets

Yeah, but they also got picture on 'em don't they?
They're novelties dude, that's the point. You can listen to them sure, but they're not really designed for top notch audio quality.

>If you want to get weird check this out (shows DSOTM)

woah dog fuck off Jenny Hval is good as fuck. I was surprised how actually cool she was live

This is what happens when you base how music should sound off of pop punk

>tfw no qt gf with only a vague understanding of vinyl records

>qt

he seems like a really nice dude, not gonna put him down for liking something i dont

If you asked this guy what's the problem with supporting Trump he'll probably just say in the most high pitch voice "Are you kidding me??!"

I am.

This brush is absolute garbage, family got me one at Christmas last year

>implying Trump supporters aren't complete retards who only reason with emotion and a vague sense of logic
well meme'd lad

don't hurt yourself on that edge

Hey now, it's baby's first prog rock. Leave her be. It's bad enough that she has a fucking 21 Pilots banner in the back.

no, I buy them so I can take pictures of them, post them on Sup Forums, and pretend I have good taste.

Chill guys, I don't even support Trump myself, was just making fun of the guy in the video. Isn't that why we have these cringe threads? To feel superior to other people for having shit taste among other things?

Why are you getting so riled up at the mention of this niggas name? Nobody said anything in promotion of him. The joke was that the dude obviously lets these sort of societal memes control his opinions.

That image is the laziest rebuttal I've seen yet

When will you limp wristed lib cucks concede and accept Trump as the hero in disguise he is?

not taking the b7 m70, let's just get back to cringe:
youtube.com/watch?v=h1E6ms2paYA

Wow not cringe at all

Would roughly facefuck her

poor a bunch of hot wax on your record. then when it semi-cools just take it off and it'll take off all the dust with it

JUST BUY MY RECORD YOU FUCK

this is the worst thing i have ever saw
i can't believe it's real, he is not a troll
wtf

it physically hurt me seeing her handle her records that way

When the tortoise reissues came out I got millions dead on black instead of the blue. Honestly think it fits better

youtube.com/watch?v=gi3qC_zQ4Po

>dark side of the moon
>crazy
holy shit i have never cringed harder

You can buy vinyl at Urban Outfitters? I thought they sold outfits