When will this epidemic of highly overrating albums because "omg but the MESSAGE" and "omg but he's BLACK and we're...

When will this epidemic of highly overrating albums because "omg but the MESSAGE" and "omg but he's BLACK and we're WHITE, and that makes me feel jealous and inferior, but self-insertion fantasies make me feel a little better about myself" end?

I blame this album for restarting that whole bowl of wax. I listened to it yesterday in the car with an open mind like always, but overall, aside from a few decent songs* - I guess at least that's more than can be said for TPAB - it's really not very good at all. Power, All Of the Lights (only good because of Rihanna) and Runaway are the only decent songs and Runaway is the only 8+ song despite "lol I said asshole and jerkoff XD".

This album has nothing - in great abundance mind you - that millions of rap albums before it didn't already have:

>muh blackness
>white ppl amiright?
>muh dick
>gimmedat pussy
>fuck da law
>yo I got lotsa money
>government did AIDS! >:-(
>I'm totally awesome and real and a troo nigga
>haha I'm famoussssss.
>check out all mah brothas and sistas getting feat.'ed ya'lllllllllll (because I can totally make a good album without them, I just don't feel like it)

and lacks almost everything the great ones did have:

>beats that are actually good and not merely passable (if that)
>production that's not bush league
>good flow and delivery
>rap speed variances
>non-auto-tune
>passion
>intelligence (aside from one or two clever lines if that)
>a non-lazy, non-nasally sounding voice (to mask the fact that he can't actually rap for shit)
>pretentiousness and boastfulness legitimized by actual good music

If not for the persona of Kanye established prior to this album, or his blackness, nobody would give it a 10. If not for the mental illness that is modern liberalism, nobody would give it a 10.

I would give this album a personal rating of 6.25, but I consider a reasonable rating scale to be 5 to 8. Anything higher and honestly you're an embarrassment to me.

it's pretty obvious why it's a good album dude lol

i suggest you start a youtube channel wherein you express such contrarian ideas in an actual thoughtful and coherent matter; would be pretty interesting. this post on the other hand is mostly drivel

5/10 bait
2/10 serious post

When you put so much bait in one post, nobody will fall for it

Yeah Kanye in general is pretty shit.

I think people listen to him not because of white guilt, but a sort of poptimism for hip-hop. People who like alot of music frequently shit on rap so these people pretend it's good to sound more patrician.

TLOP fucking sucked but a lot of people loved it for some reason. MBDTF was way better than TLOP but it definitely isn't a perfect album.

holy shit why would someone put so much effort into bait

Don't think any piece of art can be 'perfect'. OP is upset because certain publications are clearly not in line with his own racist ideology

>I consider a reasonable rating scale to be 5 to 8
Too high

>OMG Sup Forums is shittign on my hip-hop husbando
>I bet it's bait!
It's like you can't even hear how bad he is at rapping.

gorgeous was the only extremely race-focused song on the album, the rest of it focused mainly on the concept of fame and its effects on love, lust and ego

>your post is spot-on and I can't refute it which bothers me really bad so I'm just going to call it bait and hope enough people back me up so I can feel better about my opinions getting annihilated because misery loves company

>He didn't like Devil in A New Dress

Fuck, when will summer end ?

>not being able to comprehend people have different tastes in music and there is no way to objectively win an argument about music people like/dislike

how can does it feel to be this dumb?

>If not for the mental illness that is modern liberalism
there it is.
you don't actually care about expressing an opinion about music, you just have a political agenda.
if you want, i can discuss the value i personally see in this album. i can talk about the lush, complex instrumentals and the character portrait that is strung out throughout the song topics.
that is, if you want to discuss the actual music and not just race bait

T H A N K
H
A
N
K

Y O U
O
U

When will this epidemic of not liking black people stop being shitposted onto various boards where it doesn't along.

I blame Sup Forums for being unable to just keep to it's containment board and shitpost there, you guys are children, enraged the moment any black people are seen or heard, probably because of a deep seated inferiority conflict.

You numale cucks have got to go.

That album is fucking garbage, throw it in the fucking toilet and spit over it

/thread

This is the real answer.

This whole push-back from the progress we were making in social issues in the 90's and 2000's is really fucking annoying honestly. I mean I get that white dudes are feeling threatened but the constant hate on the internet is just fucking faggy.

It's not even funny like YTMND and early Sup Forums was with their racist shitposts either. It's just the hateful flailing of a bunch of obsolete morons.

/thread

I've never listened to MBDTF. I feel guilty because I'm white and think that we, as a race, don't deserve to enjoy Kanye's magnificent talents

who's gonna read all this retard

Fuck off negroid

So every other rap song?.

okie dokie
Obvious bait, but
>muh blackness
There's literally nothing wrong with celebrating your heritage. I celebrate my Danish heritage all the time. Just because he's black doesn't mean he's being racist about it.
>white ppl amiright?
He doesn't mention white people pretty much at all apart from Gorgeous, and he's not taking jabs at white people, he's taking jabs at how the criminal justice system puts harsher penalties on black people than white (see Allen Iverson).
>muh dick
>gimmedat pussy
Music is inherently sexual, and it's been seen before in all genres of music.
>fuck da law
Only really appears on Gorgeous.
>yo I got lotsa money
I'll give you a point. here, this gets repetitive after a while. However, it's not the overall theme of the album.
>government did AIDS! >:-(
Literally one line on Gorgeous.
>I'm totally awesome and real and a troo nigga
>haha I'm famoussssss.
You're thinking TLOP. He isn't usually bragging about his fame on this album, he's usually talking about the problems it has caused him.
>check out all mah brothas and sistas getting feat.'ed ya'lllllllllll (because I can totally make a good album without them, I just don't feel like it)
Most of the features were relatively unknown when MBDTF dropped. Jay, Rihanna, and Cudi were mainstream, and RZA, Swizz, and Raekwon were known in the hip-hop community, but Rick Ross, Nicki Minaj, Pusha T, Cyhi, and John Legend had been only up-and-coming at the time of MBDTF's release. Bon Iver was a completely outlandish feature for a hip-hop album and only indie sites really knew about him. Also, apart from Jay and Nicki on Monster, all the features added to the album.
>good flow and delivery
>a non-lazy, non-nasally sounding voice (to mask the fact that he can't actually rap for shit)
Music is subjective.
1/2

>OP actually believes people are gonna take the bait

...no?
at least definitely not at this depth:
>When the sun goes down it's the magic hour
>And out of all the colors that fill up the skies
>You've got green on your mind, I can see it in your eyes

Did a real human actually write this up

jesus, do people really think this? devil in a new dress, gorgeous, dark fantasy... all pretty incredible production

The WoS technique is annoying, but other fantastic albums have been made with WoS (Born to Run, Pet Sounds), so it can't discredit the album completely.
>rap speed variances
By that definition everything Eminem and Tech N9ne has put out is great, and I don't believe that.
>non-autotune
le wrong generation go-to #1. Auto-tune doesn't necessarily make music bad, even though it can.
>passion
There's a ton of passion going on on MBDTF (Gorgeous, Power, All of the Lights, Runaway, Hell of a Life, Blame Game, Lost in the World).
>intelligence (aside from one or two clever lines if that)
Kanye's never been the smartest rapper, but the lines he wrote for MBDTF rank among some of his best (though a handful rank among some of his worst).
>pretentiousness and boastfulness legitimized by actual good music
Subjective opinion.

Your main complaint about the whole thing is that Kanye makes it a "race thing", when in fact most of this has nothing to do with race. There are a few lines here and there, but race isn't the driving factor, and it really has never been with Kanye,

I agree with OP
people only like MBDTF because Kanye is a dumb nigger and we're impressed that a dumb nigger could do all that shit
Never mind the additional production credits

>ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

When u try to make the bait taste just right but 4get the most important ingredient and the whole restaurant look at u like Urkel

>i can talk about the lush, complex instrumentals
lol

>and the character portrait that is strung out throughout the song topics.
muh deep character portrait about pussy slayin' and bein' black and stuff XD

Insecure white boi detected.

>nicki minaj's verse
>not adding to the album

Niggers can't sing about anything but fucking, selling crack, and killing each other. Why are you surprised?

It's actually a fact though that a large part of the reason this album is rated so unjustifiably high, is due to modern liberalism and the way it biases peoples' minds.

Not everything is about race, go back to tumblr faggot

You actually DO just want to race bait. Figured.

>it's actually a fact
No it's actually not. It's an explanation you invented in your mind to reconcile your difference in opinion

sorry but the album is mediocre at best. In Germany it would be seen for the shit that it is but since this is America people feel obligated to give that pat on the back to other groups

>he doesn't like trashy hiphop
>so he's racist

liberals everyone

Niggers are a plague and should be burned like one.

PREACH OP

Aiight dawg so name me one good reason - that has nothing to do with modern liberalism - why the album received tons of 10/10s and Metacritic ranks it as the highest rated album of 2010 and #8 of all time?

We're waiting.