Thoughts?

thoughts?

I don't even

I know it's bait but DSOTM isn't even particularly political, aside from Money.

It's mainly about trying to be OK with dying.

death grips are the definition of self-aware you fucking retard

It's not wrong but what is exm doing on there, how does that even fit the criterias lol

you are wrong

>DG
>reddit

no

>lack of self awareness
>weezer doesn't qualify
lol

At the very least put TMS

found the 13 year old death grips fans

papa franku!! get some fuckin dog in here xD [+1] gold for everyone

Missing a Weezer album and a Foo Fighters album.

found the pleb piece of shit

>Essential Redditcore
>it's all mu-core artists
Except that guy on the bottom left, no idea who that is.

Which would fall under blanket statements and faux-philosophy.

Even if they exaggerate to be provocative, "bait" images have at least a kernel of truth in them.

I'm twenty you baitlord

Accurate.

Redditor here. My favorite artists are Can, MBV, Faust, and A Tribe Called Quest

Can we add them to the list too?

Our userbases overlap, problem is they have a much, much bigger userbase who can't tell these albums are garbage.

>death grips fan
>calling somebody a pleb

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What's garbage about them?

>redditor here
>favorite artists are Sup Forumscore

Please leave, I know you've loved this forum for changing your life back when you were 15 but it's time for you to go.

Ween

>no-one here knows about joco

disgust

lol XD rite?

Pastorius?

>never been to Reddit
>HTTT is my favorite Radiohead album

Huh.

>Even if they exaggerate to be provocative, "bait" images have at least a kernel of truth in them.

Bullshit they do. This one is just playing on people's insecurities, because a lot of Sup Forums users get their identity from albums and worry that they like them for the 'wrong' reasons.

alternative title: i'm in middle school and i'm really into music

Get the fuck out of here, ween is not reddit

But he has better taste than you. Shouldn't he stay and you leave?

>Damon Albarn does his best junkie impression while pilfering black people
>Radiohead is way 2deep4me it's like wow dude they distribute their music independently after years of being in majors and Thom Yorke is like a fuckin genius man I dont understand his lyrics
>dude angry black man screams angry shit with punk samples while the drummer from hella plays real boring shit dude I'm so white
>dude lets watch the wizard of oz while we listen to this record man music used to be so good what happened now retweet if you still listen to real rock

I don't think I've ever heard a TMBG record completely so they get a pass and who the fuck is Johnatan Coulton

Who the fuck stands up for free speech in music? I was actually going to ask who does this explicitly the other day. It usuallyjust takes the form of actual transgressive speech if it happens, and it's implied. Fuck anyone who uses the word "jejune" anyway though. Probably some postmodernist knowitall who thinks the point of vocabulary is to impress or confuse people.

>the primary reddit audience are 13 year olds and neckbeards

you realize that's still better than whatever Sup Forums attracts right

>death grips
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Even you will have to admit there is an obvious gap between Sup Forums and reddit when monty python songs and old weezer singles regularly hit the top of r/music, and the answers to every question thread about music are pink floyd and the beatles, which are taken by the masses to be the life changing height of rock music.

>>Damon Albarn does his best junkie impression while pilfering black people
Not discussing the music. Try again.
>>Radiohead is way 2deep4me it's like wow dude they distribute their music independently after years of being in majors and Thom Yorke is like a fuckin genius man I dont understand his lyrics
>>dude angry black man screams angry shit with punk samples while the drummer from hella plays real boring shit dude I'm so white
>>dude lets watch the wizard of oz while we listen to this record man music used to be so good what happened now retweet if you still listen to real rock

rite?

you mean alt right frogposters?

I can't believe you actually typed out this post and didn't realize that you're taking the bait.

Why does Sup Forums hate DG so much?

Watching the dark side of the moon with the wizard of oz when you are high as shit is actually pretty fun.

So? If they like them, fuck it.

I'd prefer a userbase of plebs who genuinely enjoy music to a userbase of sad-sack contrarians who spend their time getting angry about other people's tastes.

Not saying that /r/music is a particularly good discussion board.

Ooops you meant to quote

Because they liked them and then they got popular.

That's it.

There are also some people who genuinely never liked them, obviously.

which has a clear overlap between 13 year olds and neckbeards anyway

anyone who takes pride in exclusively visiting either one shitty website over the other needs to get a grip.

I went to a tricot show and there was this big, fat, white guy talking about memes super loudly and autistically with this fat, white girl and they were wearing a DG and JoJo shirt respectively.

Plus I still can't believe Zach Hill is doing this shit while Hella rots.

You have to be over 18 to browse this board.

They're Reddit as tfuck you retard

Forgot to add: funnily enough, tricot is the current Reddit-tier "wow weird cool japanese band."

How do 13 year olds get into stormfag shit, anyway?

I mean, I get why disenfranchised lonely 30 year olds do it, but where's the appeal for a 13 year old? Like damn kid you've got so many video games and shit at your finger tips why you gotta go being a nazi

if you want to get into the uncanny valley try visiting /r/indieheads, which is literally just a moderated Sup Forums in the taste department.

>death grips

I don't know about the rest of the community (I get the impression they actually like the music on the Sup Forums core charts, it's far from inaccessible if you acquire the taste), but I don't try in the slightest to listen to music because it's "cool" or "contrarian".

Listening to obscure shit makes me a complete nerd, and my favorite albums don't get recognized in Sup Forums threads so I don't get the benefit of "belonging" either.

>Not saying that /r/music is a particularly good discussion board.

That's the problem. They don't have anything meaningful to say or any interesting points on the music they listen to. Floyd and Monty Python are just endlessly repeated memes which will "blow your mind man."

They stopped becoming cool after their debut, and their dominatrix antics became more try-hard than musically appealing. They release something good from time to time, but they are no longer the underground hip hop discovery they used to be.

>someone was actually autistic enough to make this
>that person might actually believe the shit they spew

answer the question you fucking sperg, how does DG fit the shitposting criterias?

4/6th of redditcore coincides with Sup Forumscore

not sure if that was deliberate or not but i thought that was funny

I went to a Tricot show and everyone had a good time and sang along despite probably not knowing Japanese or even singing the correct lyrics even. It was pretty cool. Hiromi is so cute, way more so in person. Her teeth change my heart.

Idk but I picked my brother up from his middle school in May and kids were calling each other cucks and I might have heard one nu male in there

it's not deliberate, we simply can't just avoid them coming here and seeing our charts and taking our shit

if left to their devices they only listen to dadrock and top 40 shit.

Yeah the show was amazing, I have pictures with Motifour, Ikkyu and Hitomi. There was this super drunk guy next to me who kept jumping on the crowd and dancing rowdy and I just kept jumping with him and shit.

It was a polarizing show due to the aforementioned Sup Forums-austists/redittors and the fact that it was a show at a Mexico-bordering state and all my autistic compatriots would start chanting "Mexico! Mexico!" any time Ikkyu said anything about how nice about the US.

At least kids are encouraging masculinity again now.

Lame chads who listen to top 40, maybe. In high school all the cool no wave cigarette smoking kids were androgynous

>masculinity
>good

lyl stay spooked

>if left to their devices they only listen to dadrock and top 40 shit.
you mean Sup Forumscore?

No

I saw them in Detroit, so there were no Mexicans, or at least anyone
Who made themselves known as Mexicans. How does patriotism for a country someone flees cause it's shitty work again?
I'm not sure if you're saying they were sincere or not or just memein'.

I mean I might have been born decades later but I'm pretty sure Trout Mask Replica didn't exactly go platinum and receive major airplay right after all the Beatles singles.

all reddit may know about death grips is the guilliotine music video

They were sincere, and I too do not understand how it works. I thought it was rude as hell to behave like that. But yeah over here a lot of us cross the border (legally, with our visas mind you) to go to shows.

why do you even fucking care about reddit
this is worse than crossboarding, fuck off

The reason this has happened is because people on the right always want to have control, and because of the internet they are trying to subvert the younger generations on the internet into the way they think.

queen

what if I like Weezer? ;_;

>Damon Albarn does his best junkie impression while pilfering black people
>Radiohead is way 2deep4me it's like wow dude they distribute their music independently after years of being in majors and Thom Yorke is like a fuckin genius man I dont understand his lyrics
>dude angry black man screams angry shit with punk samples while the drummer from hella plays real boring shit dude I'm so white
>dude lets watch the wizard of oz while we listen to this record man music used to be so good what happened now retweet if you still listen to real rock

these are literally not criticisms in any way shape or form
you are fucking pathetic

Chads don't use internet slang tgough so i tgink it might be some of the would-be androgynous kids.
Masculinity is good for some things and less good for other things. Thankfully, our species has two sexes that are inclined to act in certain ways to performtasks necessary for survival and successful procreation.
Oh, are you Mexican? Thanks for following the law. I've heard of illegal immigrants protesting bedore but it sucks if a bunch of them actually have tgat kind of attitude about tge country they migrated to. Problem is, it's really easy to call somekne a rwcist if they call you out on that shit, and that puts people on the defensive usually. I hope Trump will contribute to a more self-respecting culture in the US, even if he doesn't get elected.
Are you saying masculinity is right wing? Political interests in general want to have control. The people like you and me who want to comme t and don't want to control will probably never have much influence with what we say, because control (even in the form of just organization) is kinda necessary to change something.

No some of the kids looked like chads and the others just looked like fucking loser mouthbreathers. One of them was wearing a cake is a lie shirt.

Excuse the horrible typos.I'm typing this on an old phone without autocorrect

>are you saying masculinity is right wing?

Yes, it's a right wing invention. Read Simone de Beauvoir

Damn, that is anold meme. Are kids wearing throwback meme shirts now? If i wear a "cool story bro" shirt in 2018, will I be hip?

No time, I'm taking a shit at work. Tell me his point in 4 sentences or less.

>all prog and metal is redditcore
this rustle my jimmies

>Simone
>his

A m e r i c a n s

But Demon Days is a good album.

Well, it's vague enough that it could be applied to almost anything but the albums in the pic are pretty popular here so it's at least good bait.

Where's Tame Impala and My Chemical Romance though?

Im sorry for assuming zir gender, my european friend.

>Damon albran
>Doing a junkie impression
The man did heroin like it was a national holiday.

>all prog is redditcore
fug

Foo Fighters especially. Maybe Muse too.

>falling for the bait this hard

What pleasure do you gain from doing this

>All prog
I was agreeing up to that point.

> it's bad that people in middle school like good music???

> it's good to not like things middle schoolers like??

well done for shitting up this board further

every time i see a guy with really strong demeaning opinions, people ask him why and all they can do is meme that the artist is lame or people that like him are lame and nothing to do with the music

why don't you take that ''insightful'' mirror and focus it on yourself, the guy who posts about music but all he tell you about it is what his impression is of the type of people who listen to it are like

The whole joke is that he's comparing the dude who wrote the still alive portal song with Radiohead and Pink Floyd

>weezer doesn't count
I mean as much as I like weezer there's no denying Pinkerton is like the most reddit thing ever

>Plus I still can't believe Zach Hill is doing this shit while Hella rots.
fucking this man. Zach Hills a genuinely great musician and it shows on albums like Church Gone Wild but he's spent half a decade on Death Grips now and the only glimpse of his former self we see is in i.l.y's and even that feels watered down