Whats your favorite band? What your favorite band when asked by normies?

Whats your favorite band? What your favorite band when asked by normies?

I'll start
Favorite:
>GS!YBE
Favorite when asked:
>Radiohead

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eYG8almTvJo
youtube.com/watch?v=X3GrsCkg4k4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Are you me?

GYSBE is fucking normie you idiots

you and every other pitchfork indie nu-male in their 20s

Fav
>AnCo
Normie Fav
>Arcade Fire

>Fav
Aphex Twin
>Ask
Boards of Canada

Not when the people you're talking to only listens to top 40 pop

Yes

Favorite: Of Montreal
When asked: Of Montreal

why would you change what you say just because you were asked by a "normie"? They aren't gonna be weirded out or something if they don't know the band. Unless it's like Pig Destroyer or something that might actually get you a weird look there's really no reason to front.

Favorite
> anco
favorite when asked
> the beach boys

>Fav:
Autechre
>Ask:
Nine Inch Nails

Favorite
>Beach Boys
Normie Favorite
>Talking Heads

I hate telling people I like the Beach Boys because they associate them with only surf music and kokomo.

>GYSBE
normie trash, you're just a normie trying too hard and thinking to much about what is cool and underground

Oh ok so I'm not suppose to be into popular bands that I love? Good job there sonny

seriously. Obscure bands don't weird "normies" out unless they're literally 12 years old or a major asshole (and probably not even then). Who knows, they might look up the band and like it.

Like, I showed a friend of mine Death Grips once and she was just like "I don't like this" and I didn't mention them again. That's literally the worst-case scenario.

>Fav
Radiohead
>ask
GS!YBE

>favorite
Paysage d'Hiver
>asked
DIIV

Weird mix. But I feel dumb telling people I listen to music which is 50% wind field recordings. DIIV is a band I enjoy and also is usually enjoyed by normies, while still being somewhat unique.

Pretty cool taste. Godspeed is also one of my favorites, although you shouldn't be too afraid to tell normies about them, they just think it's music from movies.

Oh ok so I'm supposed to be into popular bands that i love? Good job there sheeple

fav
>death grips

normie fav
>radiohead

>GS!YBE
>death grips
>DIIV
is this bait? you are the fucking normies, at least second grade normies

>fav
dean blunt
>asked
wu tang clan

Favorite when asked:
>Meshuggah
(only due to the fact that a bunch of my friends are normie HXC/djent enthusiasts)
Actual Favorite:
>Cocteau Twins

exactly. Autists shit their pants in fear at the thought that someone will contradict their taste or something, and so they sperg out and say they love Radiohead to everyone. Like literally nothing can go wrong. And I'm the kind of person that loves giving people recs anyway, so ya like you said they might even end up liking what you show them. Just be honest with people, why hide who you are?

>put in the Le sheeple meme
>I never implied you should enjoy popular bands
You acting do pseudo intellectual

*so

>Favorite
Unwound
>When asked
Pixies

radiohead is my go-to answer when anybody asks me what bands I like. it's such a safe answer.

>Favorite
Foals/Grimes
>Actual Favorite
Foals/Grimes

Grow a pair, Anons.

But maybe the qt wants to have a conversation about music that she likes because normies have opinions that only exist for small talk

Not everyone gives a shit, don't make it more complicated than necessary.

>Sonic Youth
>Sonic Youth

why lie?

>the smiths
>the smiths

>the mountain goats
>the mountain goats

i don't see the point in pretending you don't like what you like, and with the style of music the mountain goats play it's pretty easy to show them to people

So you say "my favorite band is GYBE. they make like melodic instrumental music that builds as it goes along. I'm into a lot of stuff tho, what are some of your favorites?" then based on what she says go with it and ask her about her interests. If she likes singer/songwriters with a country tone(just giving an example) like Taylor Swift's early work or Carrie Underwood, show her Lucinda Williams. Just let it happen organically. Don't just lie because you think she's immediately gonna turn her nose up when she doesn't know who you're talking about

>Right now, tied between Candy Claws and Electric Wizard
>Queens of the Stone Age

Kanye West
Kanye West

Why the fuck would I pretend to be anyone other than myself?

ELO

I guess I'm a faggot dad but I like a lot more interesting stuff; it's just the amazing music jeff lynne writes is so catchy and pleasing to listen to

>Kayo Dot/Can

>Whatever I like that the person I'm talking may also be fond of.

>DG
>DG

Favourite
>Smashing Pumpkins
What said. Just because you like a band that some normies don't know, doesn't mean you have to show you have normie taste as well, that's fucking retarded.

>Fav
Phish
>Ask
Phish

what is it with having radiohead as your "favorite" band? they're not even that good and most Normans only know creep

That's the whole point of the meme, the band everyone knows but hardly listened to

Cardiacs
Frank Zappa

>David Bowie
>David Bowie

>Actual Fav
All of Jonny Craig and the bands he's been kicked out of
>Normie Fav
Yvette Young

Excellent tastes

Favorite:
>Daft Punk
Favorite when asked:
>Daft Punk

nice
youtube.com/watch?v=eYG8almTvJo

>death grips or daniel johnston
>death grips or daniel johnston

>Angels of Light
>Angels of Light

This board seriously overestimates the musical knowledge of normies.

I mean i'll usually say my favorite band is LCD Soundsystem, but I don't change it for normies. If they don't know what I'm talking about i'll say I like radiohead and arcade fire too

See

Actual fav
>Merzbow
Normie fav
>Rihanna

This

Favorite: BoC
When asked: The Smiths

Boards of Canada for both

Is this real?

Favorite: Car Seat Headrest
Favorite When Asked: Faust

Favourite:
>Ween
Favourite when asked:
>Ween

Nah mate, I wish

youtube.com/watch?v=X3GrsCkg4k4
Always this I guess

u right

Think as you like, but behave like others

Favorite
>Rapeman

Asked
>The Smiths

Why you have to lie? That's an idiot thing to do, honestly.

>thy catafalque/the angelic process
>king crimson

the only reason i do this is to avoid explain what black metal and shoegaze are, it gets tedious after a while.
great taste

>Rush
>Rush

Any other answer is wrong

Favorite:
>Suffocation
Favorite when asked:
>Black Sabbath

>Blue Oyster Cult.
>Blue Oyster Cult.

Blue Oyster Cult.

favorite: daft punk

favorite when asked: whitehouse

>fav
The smiths
>normie fav
The smiths

fav
the jesus and mary chain
when asked
weezer

>Swans
>Swans

Porcupine Tree
Porcupine Tree

Joy Division
Joy Division

Fav
Loose Fur
Ask
Sonic Youth

IM A LITTLE LIZARD TRAPPED IN A MANS SKIN

kys

Favourite:
>John Otway & Wild Willy Barrett
Favourite when asked:
>The Beatles

>talking heads

>daft punk

fav:
The Decemberists
ask:
Seinfeld Theme song

Fav:
>Laibach
When asked
>Nine inch nails

>The Cure
>The Cure

AnCo's pretty normie tbqh

Fav
>Fugazi
Normie Fav
>Fugazi

How hard is this.

>"What's your favourite band, user?"
>"Fugazi"
>"Oh, I've never heard of them"
>"They're a punk band. They're pretty good"
>"Oh, okay"

>they're not even that good
baitu desu

I would go out tonight ... to a beautiful place in the country.

>Architects
>Portugal. The man

>av band is [insert band name here]

>"What's your favourite band, user?"
>"Cannibal Corpse"
>"...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................."
>"They're a death metal band"
>"Never talk to me again"

>Gazpacho
>Gazpacho
????

Fav
>Joanna Newsom
Normie Fav
>Animal Collective

I always just say animal collective coz it's a good filter. Like if someone knows who animal collective are then they are at least somewhat interested in music. If not then there's no point talking to them about it.

Neon Indian
Neon Indian

Yo, Lucinda Williams is amazing. The first concert I ever saw was her during the Car Wheels on a Gravel Road tour. Didn't realize how lucky I was to catch her at her finest until years later.

Maybe in magical strawman land where you're the protagonist but in reality that conversation would probably result in the same thing as the Fugazi example or maybe some light, good-natured teasing about their silly name.

Normies can be really, well, normie. The ones you know must be pretty nice.

Fugazi
Weezer

I love both bands equally though

ive literally only ever met one person in real life who knew who they were and he went on Sup Forums

I don't understand your comment. I thought a normie was just someone who didn't into music.

That doesn't imply anything about their attitude. They could be nice or they could be dickheads.

>normie is just someone who doesn't into music
t. normie

>Fav
New Order
>When asked
Genocide Organ

...erm

>Anonymous 08/03/16(Wed)06:51:31 No.66873624▶
>...erm
t. normie