Best Vinyl Turntable under 200$

I'm looking to start a record collection, and I first need a player. I found some lists, but honestly, they are useless. Some questions I have:
Do I need one with speakers?
Should I get one with a plastic shield around it?
Do I need to worry about most turntables ruining my records?
Which player is good for a beginner?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Technics-Model-SLB101-Direct-Drive-Turntable-/232029132057?hash=item3606039519:g:AHQAAOSwbsBXmQih
ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Pioneer-Direct-Drive-Turntable-Model-PL-400-Record-Player-Quartz-/112073676573?hash=item1a181c971d:g:sB4AAOSw-YVXmTA7
ebay.com/itm/Audio-Technica-At-Lp60-Turntable-fully-Automatic-Record-Player-for-Vinyl-no-Lid-/201620717597?hash=item2ef188001d:g:~x8AAOSwv9FXglMC
amzn.com/B01BCUV7F8
amzn.com/B00N6DZYXQ
ebay.com/itm/Technics-SL-1350-Direct-Drive-Turntable/282112918598?_trksid=p2047675.c100010.m2109&_trkparms=aid=555012&algo=PW.MBE&ao=2&asc=37470&meid=05866056365a47cc97b1a5192decc119&pid=100010&rk=3&rkt=24&sd=232029132057
bestbuy.com/site/ion-audio-select-lp-digital-conversion-turntable-piano-black/4339008.p?id=1219097784316
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>vinyl in 2016

the hipster train sailed a decade late. not only is the shit ridiculously overpriced now, its also more inconvenient. so youre paying for overpriced inconvenient and impractical shit. why?

>because i like to have a physical collection of my taste
>i like the "warmth" of it

lol

>>(You)

anyway check out the Orbit U-Turn, or find a cheap Technics or Pioneer at a thrift shop.

Do not buy Crosley or any "hybrid" turntable all-in-one systems. They are shit, damage your records, have shitty sound reproduction, and make you look like an impressionable faggot.

You need a receiver with a phono pre-amp, and speakers.

> conservative poorfag detected

There's nothing more overtly omega than calling everything you can't afford or don't understand hipster, especially when vinyl has never died and has always had a steady following.

>self denial
praise kek

nobody over 17 actually collects vinyl in 1996+20, its all underages that want to be da cool anti corporate hipster, when in reality vinyl is as overpriced and corporate as it gets now. I can't wrap my mind around it, its inconvenient, its less practical, and twice as expensive! fight da corprations i guess.

>autism in post form.

You really lack any understanding whatsoever of how utterly stupid you're coming across as being, don't you?

Poorfag? I've spent nearly 3k on *gear* and digital albums, mostly gear naturally. I don't spend twice the cost just to fit in and believe marketing in telling me that if I buy this according to them I'll be anti-marketing.

>dont understand
i was in brooklyn in 2006 when the whole lawl indie thing was kicking off, i understand what it is now, just a fad that will be embarrassing to remember like hair rock of the past.

>vinyl never died
no, it did. then it got picked up again, and now its popular again, and in a few years itll stop being popular again.

>conservative
so are you implying anyone that doesnt fall for insecure marketing tactics, theyre instantly a conservative? thank god im not a marxist then.

There's this odd connection with post 2005 vinyl collectors, they seem terribly insecure and make sure to let everyone they disagree with how stupid they are. Why is this?

Why does your entire narrative revolve around an obsession with fitting in?

People just want to buy records and enjoy them. Why does that upset you so much and why are you trying to present your poor understanding of a situation as factual?

yeah if you buy your records from fucking FYE or Barnes & Noble like a dipshit you're gonna get cucked full price

get back to your KPOP thread captain autismo

Nobody said anything about post 2005 vinyl collectors. Is this where your painfully obvious insecurity and resentment stems from?

Remember hot topic? And all others like it? How kids would spend twice the value of something just to be associated with an image? That's what vinyl is of the modern day. And you can *tell* yourself you're earnestly spending x3 what it's actually worth because you just love wasting money, but in that case you really are a retarded underage.

>post 2005
I said that to specify that around mid 2000s is when it actually became a trend and people starting doing it to look cool. If you did it prior, you were either autistic, or a tryhard.

im da REAL hipster xD

all vinyl is overpriced, unless you're getting it from a thrift shop which only have trash anyway. but if so, you do it to fight da corprations, amirite?

what the fuck are you even trying to say

Can somebody just recommend a good record player ffs

already did dummy

but here

ebay.com/itm/Technics-Model-SLB101-Direct-Drive-Turntable-/232029132057?hash=item3606039519:g:AHQAAOSwbsBXmQih

ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Pioneer-Direct-Drive-Turntable-Model-PL-400-Record-Player-Quartz-/112073676573?hash=item1a181c971d:g:sB4AAOSw-YVXmTA7

or if you're really tight on budget

ebay.com/itm/Audio-Technica-At-Lp60-Turntable-fully-Automatic-Record-Player-for-Vinyl-no-Lid-/201620717597?hash=item2ef188001d:g:~x8AAOSwv9FXglMC

>because i like to have a physical collection
nothing wrong with that if youre into novelty and have the means

Not and more or less dumb than paying for any format these days

anyways OP
Don't buy a player with built in speakers, those are junk. Even if you don't need the highest fidelity those players will fuck up if you actually use.

For a beginner on a budget maybe a turntable like this
amzn.com/B01BCUV7F8
I'd look into getting a direct drive eventually though. You could also keep an eye out for pre owned players at a decent price. Just make sure you can still replace the needle and parts

You'll need some speakers and a receiver but thats the fun part. I still use this receiver and it works great for me but there's plenty of brands, newer ones have bluetooth support which is great.
amzn.com/B00N6DZYXQ

>and now its popular again, and in a few years itll stop being popular again.
so the value of some of my records will go up nice

oops, scrolled past it. The SLB101 Looks promising. If I clean it up, it should look pretty clean. Thanks for the link!

>amzn.com/B00N6DZYXQ
Wait, do I need a receiver? I thought I could just get separate speakers lmao.

No problem my dude, also might I suggest getting proper setup and balancing tools. It may seem like a real plug-and-play approach, but properly setting up your turntable really matters. Too lazy to find links but when the time comes just google how to set up/balance your turntable.

Yes, for dedicated turntables you'll need a receiver with a phono pre-amp, speakers and hella speaker wire. I highly recommend using banana clips for pairing, they save a lot of time and hassle.

If you have a sound setup that can connect straight RCA, and your turntable supports those outputs then that would work but I would recommend a receiver.

ebay.com/itm/Technics-SL-1350-Direct-Drive-Turntable/282112918598?_trksid=p2047675.c100010.m2109&_trkparms=aid=555012&algo=PW.MBE&ao=2&asc=37470&meid=05866056365a47cc97b1a5192decc119&pid=100010&rk=3&rkt=24&sd=232029132057

this thing looks bitchin

Also this is starting to get expensive. Could I get by with getting a cheap receiver? I don't need a fancy one.

You need a receiver to amplify the signal from the turntable and to then send that to the speakers.
If you didn't use one the signal would not be strong enough to drive any speakers.

Depends on how invested you are.
The receiver is just as important as the turntable, if not more

Fuck me, I thought this was a sub 200 investment

I'll sell you an amp for $60

bestbuy.com/site/ion-audio-select-lp-digital-conversion-turntable-piano-black/4339008.p?id=1219097784316

something like this would allow you connect speakers directly and also use a receiver in the future

That's the fun about turntables- nearly every component can be upgraded. The setup you start with will most likely be completely replaced. For now, I'd stick with a good turntable and an okay receiver. Your cartridge, needles, and tonearm can be more crucial than the actual turntable itself, all which can be swapped and upgraded with an intermediate setup.

a good new turntable under $200 doesn't exists

your only options is to go vintage

>vinyl is as overpriced and corporate as it gets now
yeah maybe if you're some moron buying $35 reissues from urban outfitters

This. Just check thrift stores and shit.

I got a Technics SL-MA1 for 20 bucks 5 years ago at Savers. Can't get any better than that.

I got a Denon 29f for $150. All you need is a stereo to plug it into. It doesn't have a counterweight of anti-skating though, so to some it is trash but it doesn't press down as hard as a Crosley and it has a built-in preamp, so it seems to be good for a beginner like me (and I assume you).

>being this mad
kek i just enjoy vinyl stay triggered

>fight da corprations
who the fuck says this?

Anonymous