Sup Forumssic players

I was thinking of buying the FiiO X1. Would Sup Forums recommend me something better? Other brands, and products. Price range 100$,

How many gb does it have?

I think it has dick for storage, thus I need to buy an SD card. I think it goes up to 128 GB.

I don't care about the price: Are iPod Classics good?

A phone with spotify

>owning a mobile phone
Enjoying the government knowing where we are, are we?
:)

>spotify
J U S T

I am interested in listening to FLACs. I already have an Iphone with a library over 1500 songs. Also, fuck spotify bro.

FLAC is more of a meme than vinyl

Yes sir, I pay my taxes, but I also vote, bet you didn't want to hear that second part.

I do both of those things but you're literally carrying around a device that can be traced to you at any given moment.

Me and the rest of the population. I don't fucking care at this point. I accept it as fact and don't do bad shit. If the government wants to come get me over smoking pot from time to time and getting loud when I drink let them come for me.

I know exactly how fucked up the surveillance state is though. Completely fucked. But what else am I to do but vote? I don't even have faith in voting Libertarian when they only took 3k votes last Gubernatorial election.

>lol, the system is fucked so let's perpetuate it

Okay Mr Marxist, you solve all the world's problems. Oh, and without using abstract leftist terms.

I'm actually a Fascist, but okay.

Oh, carry on then.

Can we returen to discusing players?

Get a zune hd

Sansa Clip+ - $30-40 refurb on ebay. Quite good sound quality, super light and portable (size of a quarter, has a clip), microSD slot for up to 128gb, small text screen
Clip Zip is the same but costs about $20 more and has a larger screen for album art
Sansa Fuze is also the same as the previous, but a bit bigger around the size of a credit card and a larger 220x176 screen. They are all rockboxable, improving the battery life & UI, and making the display customizable.

FiiO X1 has only very slightly better sound quality, like by a few %, not enough to really tell. It has a slightly more solid metal build that gives it a longer average lifespan. Not rockboxable and people often complain that the interface is unintuitive.

If you can find an ipod 5 or 5.5 generation at that price with the storage capacity you need, it's also quite similar to X1, and rockboxable

yes.

had mine for over 10 years. served me more than its value.

Also to be clear, Sansa Fuze and NOT Fuze+, avoid Fuze+ at all costs.

I have an X1 and it has been great so far, do buy a 128gb sd though.
NO, they are amazing devices, but you can only buy them second-handed, and their hard-disks tend to crash after a lot of years. You could be lucky, but you probably won't get more than 2 years out of a classic.

Clip Zip is great with rockbox on it and a 128gb microSD.
Trouble is, those are out of production now and have been replaced with something inferior.
So I'd hold onto a couple if possible.

Yeah the new clip players are pretty junky and can't be rockboxed since they have such low ram.

Zip is pretty much endgame if small size and screen size appeals to you. Nothing can beat it in that regard.

I like a larger screen though so my Fuze gets more use time, plus it has a built-in gameboy & gameboy color emulator in it so I can play pokemon red during downtime at my work. Clip Zip does too but its screen is too small for it to be fun. I end up only using the Zip when going for runs, and only needing to transfer the sd card to move my entire library of over a month of music is quite convenient.

It's handy for gym and long walks I find.
I can just clip it to my shirt and pedal away on the exercise bike without worrying.

Get a cheap phone at Wal-Mart and just use it as a dedicated MP3 player buy a 128gb SD card or whatever the biggest card is and there you go.
Although I have no idea if there's a better option

It's a really bad option. It doesn't need to take that much space and a cheap phone will have a really poor internal amp and dac.

>he thinks a phone is the only thing they can track you with

lmao, unless you are living in a shack out in the woods you can be tracked at any time you fucking donut.

Wait can the zip really support a 128 GB card? I thought it was limited to 32

They can support any size including 128 or 256 if formatted to FAT32, which can be done with many different free programs

I bought one after my 120gb iPod classic kicked it. It plays more files and I'm pretty sure the sound quality is better.
But as far as cons go
>way lower battery life
>menus are slow, can take 0.5 to 2 seconds between clicking a button and it responding
>scroll wheel is not 100% responsive
>every time you add new music it has to sync the entire library again instead of just what you added, which takes 10-15 minutes for me. You can still browse through your new songs and listen to them, but the formatting is different
Those are what come to mind at the moment

With rockbox, that is. Idk what the original firmware supports and don't recommend using it anyway.

I recently bought the RUIZU X02, it's really cheap, like, $15 cheap. I'm really happy with it.

Are there any nonrockbox players that can log scrobbles for last.fm? Or is rockbox the only hope?

As far as I know submitting scrobble logs to last.fm doesn't even work anymore since the update

Man I have a 160 GB Ipod classic just sitting around, I haven't updated it in like 5 or 6 years

What generation?

6th

Wow that's good to know, think I just found a device to wean me off Spotify on my phone

Sony Walkman NWZ-A17
-reads almost all formats
-64GB + an extra 128GB with micro SD card
-long battery life
-costs only a couple hundred bucks

Use Rock Scrobbler.

So which Fiio x player is actually the best option?

Pointless. Just use a smartphone and a microSD. If you're really autistic about fucking mobile music listening get a small DAC for your phone.

Besides, you will have to spend way more than $100 if you want an actual audiophile quality music player (but, again, that seems kinda pointless for on-the-go listening).

>FLAC is more of a meme than vinyl
FLAC is objectively perfect, even if there is debate as to whether the difference is actually audible. Why not store your music in perfect quality when storage space is so cheap?

Vinyl is the ultimate meme - it only sounds different to digital formats because of distortion, and you have to pay hundreds upon hundreds just to get a worthwhile sound.

Who the fuck cares? There are literally billions of people who own mobile phones. Why do you care if the government sees phone #45346367 at your current location?

If you really care about that you're either a criminal or just a paranoid fuck.

>If you really care about that you're either a criminal or just a paranoid fuck.
Or just tech illiterate

and? who gives a shit if "muh government" knows that i'm at the gym or buying fucking groceries or on my toilet taking a shit? and do you really think there is anybody who actually tracks you unless you're a criminal or something? get a grip on reality