His country has a president instead of a monarch

>his country has a president instead of a monarch

I can still make fun of people with woman rulers for a little while longer.

>tfw

>he can tell the difference between his president and his monarch

We are fine then :)

Thank god, our "legitimate" king is a complete idiot and murdered and murdered some guy back in the '70s because he got too close to his yacht. Glad that the republic won the referendum in 1946

>he doesn't elect his head of state

>americans think their votes count for anything
lmao

>implying you do

Nice quads btw

Georgia's doesn't look too terrible, especially if it's a rural constituency, and the other three are to give a constituency to minorities. That being said, it is shitty that we don't have nonpartisan districting boards.

We do indirectly, given that all states require their electors to follow the popular vote for that State.

I don't know why is people so against monarchy. It's like having a contry-dad who grows up with you and is always there and he tells you nice stuff in christmas.

This guy knows what's up. Our King will watch over us.

The French President also is co-prince of Andorra, making him a monarch, so how does that work ?

ya'll ready for trump

andorra is GOAT

france can fuck off

Just to play the Devil's Advocate, it's undemocratic if he has actual powers, and pointless and frivolous if he doesn't. That being said, I can see some value in a monarch being a symbol of national unity.

The thing is most monarchs have ridiculous amounts of hard and soft power. But they don't use their hard powers under normal circumstances due to some gentlemens agreement with the parliament. But in theory our King for example has the power to sack the parliament and pick his entire own government, ministers, judges, prosecutes and mayors and take full control of the military. But he doesn't.

>His """"country""""'s monarch lives in another country

Why are you so mean, little kiwi ?

the french are unironically not human

shut up.

Of course. Here, look at our pro-Trump autistic mobilisation.

>the french are unironically not human

>nouvelle-zelande
>80% clinton

Exactly, which is why I nor most people outside of a Taiwanese sandwich-making board don't give a crap about the government. Pretty much the same in the UK, IIRC. But the idea that a king who would go off the deep end and mess everything up is enough for some to stick with the relative safety of a republic and/or written constitution (which I believe you have).

>Australia defending France

dafug :DDDD

Our written constitution is what empowers our King. But those powers can help in case of some big undemocratic event. During WW2 for example we had a prime minister who sided with the Germans. And afterwards we had another one who also collaborated with the Germans. But the Queen at that time could just sack them and assume control.

why is france pro trump? he is fucking orange

Probably a cane toad

That's one balance of the whole democracy-meritocracy trade-off, ngl.

fuck you i like france

A proper monarch is usually only interested in the stability of the nation (so he can stay in power). Which I guess is one of the perks.

Although it could backfire if the monarch is threatened. You see in a lot of nations when a dictator is threatened they start doing weird shit.

True, I guess the biggest drawback is that the monarch is determined by chance of heredity and thus getting a proper monarch is left up to blind luck. Then again, I guess the President of the United States is left up to luck as to whoever feels like assuming such responsibility with comparatively little power and however the primaries go, so it goes both ways.

>We actually destroyed our ties to the king because of things parliament did.
>We weren't even getting taxed hard.
>We could had negotiated better pay for sailors impressed
>We probably could had even negotiated the British troops living in houses by asking for masons,carpenters,etc to build a barracks in each major city.
>We literally could had avoided all this shit.

That's what happens when Britain suspends Salutary Neglect during Enlightenment fervor. At least they learned their lesson for the future with Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.

This. Thanks to idiots who listen to everything lying politicians tell them, we now elect sociopaths and pathological liars who are interested in getting all your money.

Ours will be dead soonish and we'll be left with King fucking Charles for god knows how many years.

Well, a monarch is usually taught what he needs to know for his role since childhood. While our party leaders just seem to be random people who rolled into the field.

Your presidential elections are a drop out race for the least bad person, so you do have some quality filter. Here that quality filter barely exists as anyone can start a silly party and get the necessary 63,000 votes for a seat in the parliament. We've had party leaders who only finished high school.

Not true. Monarchs generally also care about keeping his family in power, thus incentivizing keeping the country in good shape. In addition to that they are a neutral power, separate from the rest of the populous and are as such not as receptive to the incentive structure that modern politicians are practically bound by and which keeps us in a perpetual [though, between states, varying] state of shit. imo a constitutional monarchy would be better for most countries. It combines the strength of democracy but keeps it check with a neutral power, the monarch.

Yeah, that's also a bit of a benefit for our Congressmen running in only one Geographic constituency as opposed to (I believe) the entire nation, although gerrymandering kinda counteracts that.

Considering his father is still alive he's likely going to rule for at least 20 years.

>We are actually getting BTFO

I think France is pro-Cliton like all the other European countries

But some top memers voted for Trump because why not :^)

According to the writers of our constitution the King represents the nation. While the parliament represent the people and individual interest groups. And the ministers have to explain themselves to both. So he's not really a neutral power (and unlike in the UK he's actually part of the government).

But I guess that differs from country to country.

>his country doesn't have both

The senate represents the constitution and the provinces (states). They only vote if things are in line with the constitution or not.

Judges are the neutral power. A king isn't neutral but mostly cares about his own property, which is everything.

Trump will win though.

>it's a bongs think they're still an empire edition

>it's an American gets cucked by at least he still has freedom fries collection.

>his monarch lives a fucking ocean away from him

>not wanting to be constitutionally eligible for head of state

irish is not the official language of ireland

>A king isn't neutral but mostly cares about his own property, which is everything.
Yes, that is precisely why a monarch is a good thing. A monarch will want to see the realm prosper because it's their property and so that his or her kids may enjoy the same.

A life time judge (รก la us supreme court justice) will never have the family and property incentive that a monarch does. So while they might be a neutral party (doubtful, they're still more "part of" society than a monarch), they simply do not match a monarch.

That's not to say that they're a bad thing, though.