youtube.com/watch?v=rWDKIhDSpkg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>"Death Grips is for children and is edgy!"
>listens to metal

>metal is for children and is edgy
>listens to noise rock, post hardocre, Industrial and power electronics

>animefag
>metalfag

90% of this shithole is like that. That's why stopped caring.

>likes metal
>likes anime

>judging music based on who likes it
>ever
>even once, in your entire life

this is the worst offender
if people like this heard a metal album that didn't have the sticker "metal" on it they'd be all over it

It's not the heaviness or abrasiveness that turns me off it's just that metal has no pop sensibility. it's like the idea that having hooks and well done vocals/lyrics that arent a cringefest can never be metal. the subgenres that do (hair/glam, any core genre, nu metal) arent considered real metal.

You're doing it wrong

You're supposed to like anime AND Death Grips

i didnt understand the slightest thing from your post

you are saying that the metal you dislike is real metal?
can you give an example of what real metal is?

most metal that is good isn't considered real metal
just something you have to learn to ignore

>He fell for the meme that music is some form of personal expression for the artist and its main function isn't to arouse emotion in a certain kind of consumer base

What? Metal totally has hooks. In fact the genres built off nothing but hooks in the form of riffs. Yeah they aren't done in a super melodic format, but making it melodic would totally ruin the point. It's not catchy to you, but maybe that's because you need to step A LITTLE outside your comfort zone because catchiness is ultimately subjective and based on the music that's played in your environment/what you're used to.

>just fag

I was just commenting that metal seems to be tied to this attitude that music being accessible or poppy is inherently bad, and that the most extreme/heavy of it is best
the riffs are the part I like. but the overall sound and usually the vocals gets in the way of enjoying them. I like to play metal from tabs but I don't listen to the music itself.

>I was just commenting that metal seems to be tied to this attitude that music being accessible or poppy is inherently bad, and that the most extreme/heavy of it is best
i really don't see it
even if it did have that attitude, as long as it sounds good who really cares?

Metal has an image of edgyness and teenagers
Death Grips has an image of maturity
Now, in reality this is very not true.
But since people just associate image with facts then they have that line of thinking

>Death Grips
>not metal

>criticizes other people's taste
>watches a shit-tier anime

>ugh mainstream pop like grimes, 21 pilots and t swift is garbage
>listens to pc music and stereolab

Death Grips is the K-On! of music

some people on moo actually watch anime?
I thought we were just pretending to be neckbeards ironically

Non-extreme metal tends to have a lot in common with pop music.
youtube.com/watch?v=rWDKIhDSpkg

I don't think the type of person who are into as underground (however marginal) music as Death Grips would also have as narrow a musical scope as to entirely dismiss an entire genre.

this is bait guys

are you saying the OP is bait or my post? either way I think anyone with the trip "desiigner" calling anything else bait is someone calling the kettle black.

>doesn't listen to either
Wow I guess that just solved that problem, didn't it?

calling DG underground is baiting, you can't cover it up with this distraction so stop trying

I want to listen to Death Grips now

Why not enjoy both Death Grips AND metal music?

>(however marginal)
Death Grips are more underground than an entirely mainstream artist because they don't get as much public exposure, therefore they are marginally underground. My logic is that those willing to subvert top 40 music and search for (and enjoy) an artist such as Death Grips wouldn't inversely dismiss an entire genre. They are someone willing to listen to different music and highly unlikely to close themselves off from a certain type of music.

because I am over the age of 18...................

also if you admit your cancerous trip is a distraction then just turn it off faggot

>the "I just turned 18 so I act like I have matured and outgrown certain things" meme

>implying Death Grips isn't literally the Meshuggah of modern hip-hop

how are you guys not sick of DG still? jesus christ there are always like 5 threads on this band

>turning off something that gets me this many bonus (You)s