Spotify vs Google Play Music

What is the better Service?

Other urls found in this thread:

gmusicproxy.net/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

spotify

neither

Google Play Music because you can edit tags and upload your own music more effectively.

Why you'd choose streaming over pirating or buying music is beyond me, though.

suicide

Google Play pays .007 cents to the artist while spotify plays .001 or even less. So if that makes you feel better knowing you support an artist more?

check em

You fucked it

Managing all the data on my phone gets tedious, otherwise there would be no reason
Well its better than nothing, thanks for the trivia

Does google play music have let you play their audiobooks and non musical content like spotify?

Yes, if you upload it or buy it first from them.

Then spotify is better

who gives a fuck just press play

Only if you ignore how tiny its library of non musical content is compared to Google

WHy the fuck would you use either. You're all plebs if you genuinely stream

It lets me randomly check out music while I'm at work without having to download it to my phone only to delete it later if I don't like it.

>Not just downloading new music onto your 128gb SD card before work

Piratebay is aupposedly a honeypot, Kat is down, no time /money to sign up for private Trackers and I'm poor.
I have non expandable storage.

>Implying I have a phone that has an sd slot
Also sometimes I stumble upon something I haven't heard before while I'm at work. If I like it I'll download it when I get home but preview it at work.

The bay isn't a honeypot that's bullshit son

>edgy pirates detected

Holy shit, buy a 120 Gigabyte SD card, put it in your phone (applefags should just give up), and download soulseek so you can have every album you want. Holy shit it's not that hard

RIP

Google Play because I can download the mp3s from it and they're all 320k

gmusicproxy.net/

Learn to use this. If you don't want to use linux it works in cygwin.

CDs.

Most of the Music I Listen to are either not available for people don't seed. I'd rather not risk it for shit availability and a bad Community
Fuck you, I have a Nexus
Alright, thanks user
Im poor an don't live in 2004, thanks

foobar 2000

Hard copies are nice, and used cds are cheap. The sound quality of streaming services is awfull man.

Google Play is good quality though. They stream 320k mp3s encoded with Lame.

Oh really? I didn't know. That'd honestly be pretty nice, my ipod classic won't hold all my music anymore.

Yeah I'm really picky myself. I tried all kinds of services. My favorites ended up being Google, Deezer, and Qobuz. I'm in the US so realistically google is the best choice. There are ways of getting a Qobuz subscription though and they have everything on there in FLAC, but it's more of a pain in the ass and not worth the effort imo.

I really like hard copies, but finding anything other than "schlager" in Austria is really hard. Also the used market is fucked and everyone just wants to get back the money they spent

Thanks for the info senpai

Ah, gotcha. I've found a bunch of shit on Amazon for a few cents, so less than 5 bucks after shipping. And I'm fortunate enough to have a couple record ships about 20 mins from my house than sometimes have good deals.

Well Spotify premium pays .006, it's the free version that pays .001.

But if the motivation is supporting artists, Apple and Tidal both do better than Google.

I had a tidal account before Jay-Z bought it and it was really easy to intercept the URLs and just download the FLAC files. Same as Qobuz really. I think people are still doing that because I see mentions of things being ripped from Tidal on what.cd all the time, but I haven't tried myself in so long.

All public torrents are honeypots

Tidal

Thanks Jay z

Is there another way to download MP3 files from google play music without linux or cygwin?

Not really. It helps if you have command line experience. I download the m3u files for albums that gmusicproxy gives me and I turn it into a batch file in notepad then use wget to download the whole album.

>upload your own music more effectively.
HOW?

Every time I upload it "matches" to the gplay version, is there an option to turn off matching?

There was no matching when I did it, although that was years ago.

The alternative is just using physical storage...

idk but I just switched cos google play is like $2,50 where I live and spotify isn't accepting my cc for some reason

What is soulseek ?

Apple Music

Someone upload deezloader-2.0.3-linux-x86 program please

This

Soulseek is a very basic p2p application. You can share any type of file but it's most commonly used to share music. The best feature is that you can right click on a folder and download it. Instead of downloading songs one by one you get albums.

>not using extra torrent for flacs

Who needs that when you have what.cd?

holy fuck you nearly got

Spotify also streams 320k mp3 with a premium subscription.

id say the only advantage of play music is the ability to upload 50k songs for free and stream them on any compatible device, that's about it though, then it's more expensive and has about the same music.

However, Spotify has no swans so fuck that.

It's not mp3 though it's ogg. Even if you could figure out how to rip it who wants fucking ogg files?

So many buttblasted koreaboos in that thread. It's amazing.