This is complete utter shit

This is complete utter shit
The only people who like this album are women and closet fags. The lyricism is fake, Buckley's persona is so fucking annoyingly wimpy/"sensitive", and it's so fucking overproduced.
This is trash. The critics who panned this when it came out were right
If you're sad enough to put this album on and wallow in your misery, you should just kill yourself

I agree

Listen to Live at Sin-E

You have the worst taste in music. Please seek help.

Yeah there must something wrong with me if I don't enjoy Jeff Buckley "sing" his overwrought """"sensitive"""" lyrics over overproduced elevator music.
The only reason people like this shit is because Jeff Buckley is hot.

let me guess, you're voting for trump?

his fathers music is infinitely better than his

>Grace [Columbia, 1994]
>Although Tim's vocal traces are in his genes as surely as John's are in Julian's, it's wrong to peg him as the unwelcome ghost of his overwrought dad. Young Jeff is a syncretic asshole, beholden to Zeppelin and Nina Simone and Chris Whitley and the Cocteau Twins and his mama--your mama too if you don't watch out. "Sensitivity isn't being wimpy," he avers. "It's about being so painfully aware that a flea landing on a dog is like a sonic boom." So let us pray the force of hype blows him all the way to Uranus. C

Corpus Christi Carol is really good though.

his vocals are flawless. and his is still best hallelujah version, despite brandi carlile's.

wow rude

>what is john cale

lol, more like you're a closet gay, you admitted that you think he's hot.

He's objectively hot

>Objectively

Nice cover, homo

So you are gay.

you havent said anything about the music, just the lyrics and production

The music is boring, not terribly noteworthy
And "overproduced" is a criticism of the music.

You're gay.

is he wearing chain mail?

>knowing when a man is hot makes you gay
Also in literally every conversation about Buckley people, mostly women, bring up his looks (or his "charisma", which is really the same thing)

I'd like to argue but I'm a closet fag so...

>And on this bed there lyeth a knight
>His wound is bleeding day and night
>By his bedside kneeleth a maid
>And she weepeth both night and day
so much fucking cringe

not sure what you were hoping to accomplish with this thread
i just disagree directly with everything youve said
the music is far from boring, its constantly developing
its not overproduced. its essentially just a band the whole way through with barely any outstanding studio tricks or effects or anything
no album deserves your levels of fury

>cringe

Hello, reddit!

rhymes knight and night

Well then, I'm very sorry to have to break this to you, but

You have shit taste.

oh no!

Wow, it's even worse than Grace
I'm impressed, I didn't know music this shitty could even exist

So what if you are a woman and a closet fag and you like it?

I didn't even know this caliber of a pleb existed yet here you are.

Then you probably only like it because you think Jeff is hot
Grace is the plebbiest 90s album of them all

And a shitty baiter also? Is there anything you can do besides being a faggot?

> implying other men find him hot
boy you are gay

It's not bait
It's funny because Grace is such a shitty album that nobody can ever come to it's defense when someone says it sucks
Just like the Doors and David Bowie

it's the worst song on the album mi negro amigo

I will pray for you so your taste improves :^)

Plebs, everybody
go suck off your husbando somewhere else

his cover of hallelujah is genius simply because he converted it to the one singular style he could nail. The guitar work is babby-tier and he sounds like a lil wimp, but it works.

otherwise, yeah... decent to good voice, but just a little bit ahead of his time I guess, cuz now everybody learning how to play music can do what he does to some degree with a little reverb.

Yeah but his cover of Hallelujah isn't his, it's John Cale's version.

Who's your artist of choice Mr.15 year old?

his covers of Lost Highway and The Other Woman are amazing, guess I'm a closet fag

Do you seriously think Buckley wrote this?

Its like a 500 year old song.

This thread is troll

you're so gay hahah that's why you're so afraid of sensitivity faggot. you're gay! you think you need to be "manly" as possible and only listen to "manly music because you're a certified fag! this kind of denial is honestly hilarious

The Doors and Bowie were some of the greatest masters of expression in music. Light My Fire has one of the best jams in music history: the solos are bluesy, have elements of eastern drone, guitars that sound like they belong in a Bach partita..

As for Bowie, he wrote some of the catchiest music known to man, so there's that.

>Grace
>Bad
kek, get your ears checked faggot

I liked it

init desu senpai