Should i bother to buy Hi Fi headphones if i listen to hip hop ?

Should i bother to buy Hi Fi headphones if i listen to hip hop ?

that looks like something steam powered giraffe would wear

Look, to get to that grade of high fidelity that you have in your pic implies severe autism, botomless pockets, or having a severe case of consumerism. However, for a very reasonable price you can get very nice fidelity. The best headphones you can get before diminishing returns truly strike are at the 300$-600$, and even then some 60$ headphones can beat the crap out of those. IMO, the headphones market is highly subjective since there are many sound signatures and many little bits that can make you like some more than others (ie. Liking the V-Moda M-100 more than the AKG 712 because you like bassy headphones and like to use them outside). I really dont recommend diving into the "hi fi" zone if you have shit headphones. You will probably be dissapointed, and at that point you will have to spend in more equipment than just headphones. What i'm trying to say is that you don't have to get into the ultra hi fi zone to get good headphones, just find a sound signature you like and something reasonably priced that achieves your demands
Yeah but they cost 1000$ new (and it's the cheapest modelo)

Depends what you listen to, those LCD-3s might be a bit over kill for hip hop but EL-8s or OPPO PM-3s might be worth the money

I would like to disagree, but you're completely right. After $600 dollars you're paying to look like you like high end audio.

I think everyone into music should have a nice hair of open backed headphones so at least get HD-598s if you don't have anything. If you have money to burn then get HiFiman 400s or something. LCD-3s are a bit of a waste.

completely accurate
you need to have an incredibly trained ear to hear the quality difference between $300 and $1000+

get some decent headphones and some decent speakers and you're fine

It's not that you are being pretentious, it's just that you aren't getting that much of a difference. Think about how huge of quality variation there is from apple Earbuds to the ath meme 50 compared to the one between HiFiman 400i to 560

Yeah, but HiFiman headphones will break before apple earbuds.

Just grab some Fostex T50RP mk3.

The tripfag is right. My personal experience is that a pair of Sennheiser HD-558s or HD-598s and a good DAC or receiver will give you everything you need.

Fostex is also a fine choice if you like a sound signature that's warm but detailed.

There can be big differences.

I love my LCD-2. Great for any genre, including hiphop.

Try different ones on if you can. Look. for specialty shops near you.

open headphones might provide subpar bass, and if it's primarily hip hop you'll be listening to, make sure that you try them first.

>Open headphones give sub-par Bass
>What is LCD series and HiFiman 400
I think you meant sub-bass

if i have the Grado SR-60is right now and looking for something with a similar dynamics but more bass presence, $300 as an upper limit, what would you recommend?

So what would be the best headphones that are bass focused, and cost around 20-30 bongs at best?

Please respond

should I bother to buy a fast car if I like speeding?

Less than 30 dollars? That won't get you good in ear headphones. If that's your budget then Apple Earpods aren't as bad as some people say.

Some on ear options are Sennheiser HD 201/ HD 202, Sony MDRXB800, Somic ST-80, or maybe Sentey Thorxheadphones.

if you don't mind how shit they look, koss porta pros are sick for that price range

Vsonic VSD1 are an excellent value for their price, bought them years ago so I don't remember the exact price but they're way too good for what you pay for.

OP here.
the pic was the first picture i found.
Friend of mine recommended V-moda m 100 and a fiio E10K, should that suffice ?

Definitely, I actually really like the m100s and was going to recommend them if you had a bigger budget.

Cool, haven't mentioned budget, but they are in my budget

Nice sequential numbers

Pls bb

Nice quads