"We're advancing in the opposite direction, a tactical retreat all the way home!"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunkirk_evacuation
THE BRAVE BRITONS RAN AWAY
BRAVELY RAN AWAY AWAY, RAN THE BRAVE BRITONS
WHEN DANGER REARED IT'S UGLY HEAD
THEY BRAVELY TURNED THEIR TAIL AND FLED
BRAVE BRAVE BRAVE THE BRAVE BRITONS
YES THE BRAVE BRITONS TURNED ABOUT
AND GALLANTLY THEY CHICKENED OUT
BRAVE BRAVE BRAVE THE BRAVE BRITONS
BRAVELY TAKING TO THEIR FEET
THEY BEAT A VERY BRAVE RETREAT
BRAVEST OF THE BRAVE THE BRAVE BRITONS

what an interesting thread

Please tell me that you found about this after you saw the trailer to Dunkirk, the movie made by YOUR favorite director Christopher Nolan

My Granda shot a German in the head with an anti-tank rifle at Dunkirk, he said the war was great fun and that I wish I was there.

Uh, you don't get to bring arguments.

Chris (i call him Chris) is a great director, better than anyone from your country.
Don't worry, no validity to them

The British have never managed to succesfully invade Europe ever. While everyone and their mother has invaded them. In fact, they even call being invaded by the Netherlands a glorious revolution because they love being fucked in the ass so much.

daily reminder that america showed up late to BOTH world wars

Daily reminder America contributed to both world wars more than Britain despite showing up late.
>inb4 lack of education
If you think Britain did anything even NOTABLE compared to France in WWI then you're fucking retarded, by the time they started doing anything other than sending colonies in as canon fodder and started doing something worth a damn we arrived. Even then they gave less troop support to France then us.
And WWII?
>Win against Italians
>Run away from Germans, abandoning your allies to suffer
>Hide away in your country until America comes to give you a hand
>Surrender unconditionally en mass to Japan for no reason other than cowardice
>B-But we beat Italians!
Want a fucking medal for tying your shoes, Nigel?

>Daily reminder America contributed to both world wars more than Britain despite showing up late.
Thank you for defeating Britain in both world wars.

t. pierre

Although it's worth noting Brits did a good job dicking around in the Ocean the first bit of WWI. You know, shit that doesn't matter.
contributed =/= defeated
It means we did more and had more of an impact as opposed to Britain killing their allies and running away.
Not quite.

it was hardly an invasion when you were invited to kill some Catholics

>France lost before Britain could even come to their help

Our fleet was twice the Spanish armada. We cant help it you guys run like the wind.

Daily reminder that America wasn't any better than the Nazis, nuking and killing hundreds of thousands of civilian Japanese people needlessly

>Needlessly
We nuked them so more of them wouldn't die. The bombs were mercy, a land invasion would've killed more than double those numbers.
Of course a German doesn't know how war works, though.

it's only a war crime if your side loses (^:

Nobody can act as low as Germany or lose more wars than Germany though. You even lost two world wars against Belgium.

>We cant help it you guys run like the wind.
But we didn't, we had a party then killed some Irish.

>The bombs were mercy
>giving children radiation poisoning for years to come is a mercy
american rationalism

>Britain lecturing me about bombing civies
See Dresden victims, the mother clutching her child torched to a crisp, etc.

New weapons have unknown side effects which is why we studied them for a while, plus radiation poisoning is about as equal to dying of starvation, which they would've done had the conflict drawn out enough.

>The British have never managed to succesfully invade Europe ever.

Why would anyone expect Britain to be capable of invading Europe on its own. We always kept considerably smaller standing armies then the rest of Europe.

Most likely the Japanese would have killed themselves anyway as thats the only honorable outcome to the conflict.