Why are Europeans so obsessed with putting random lines over, under, and even on letters of the Latin alphabet...

Why are Europeans so obsessed with putting random lines over, under, and even on letters of the Latin alphabet? What the fuck is wrong with you?

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s140nZmyHpZV
vocaroo.com/i/s0x0R3aOZlZZ
youtube.com/watch?v=YR5ApYxkU-U
vocaroo.com/i/s0t3hyQ8tAK5
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I think they should get on our level to make their alphabet perfectly phonetic.

ô ö è ê ë ï ä â û ù
you forgot these, they are the most important ones as they are French

special mention to mämmi with their ÿ

Because an "a" or an "à" can change the meaning of the sentence for instance, or sound differently. But since you probably studied French at school you already know that.

>ÿ

How do you deal with dialects? Americans pronounce it cunt and brits pronounce it coont.

because, you mongoloid, it serves a purpose, so we don't end end like anglos mispronouncing sure, marie, warm...
french pronounciation makes sense, I do not understand the memes
english should be memed upon, not french

>tfw we invented Ç
>tfw we don't use it anymore (well, except for catalans)

Change the letters, simple. "I" in Northern Vietnamese is tôi and in Central and Southern Vietnamese is tui. These two are pronounced and written differently.

weird, I thought you had a ÿ
sorry friend, with your meme language made with stacking double vowels and consonnants and putting umlauts on every vowel I got confused

ZNAJNESKORUMPOVATEĽNEJŠIŤ?

Stvrtzmrzlina?

eur*pe was a mistake

I hope you all burn in hell

for the craic lad
tá mo teanga go háilinn.

because töpörödött törpördögök would sound extremely lame without the ö sound, my speech impedimented anglo friend

Co to kurva meleš cartmane?

just pronounce it the way it's spelt without the umlauts and everything is fine

What a pretentious faggot language. Brits had the good sense to keep the alphabet simple.

English is the most confusing if you never heard it spoken. I prefer French because at least I know how it sounds like.

>á â ã à ç é ê í ó ô õ ú

Feels very comfy, desu.

Why is French so appealing to Muslims and Blacks?

that would be the o sound and its not the same, making it more difficult thant it should
bong asslicker royalist detected

Both orthographies are retarded and memeworthy.
German's too, but faaar less.

>someone says something about France
>a Muslim replies
Everytime

It's OK Pierre, it is a meme language but we only use ä and ö. Our alphabet also has å but it's not really used in finnish

vocaroo.com/i/s140nZmyHpZV

rate my french please

I can't pronounce trois my mouth is physically incapable of doing it

If you are given with a text written in a dialect you don't speak, can you read aloud that text in that dialect?

Written form and spoken form should be almost or exactly the same. French at least explicitly tells you in the written form. Much like if you are learning the Quranic Arabic. If I never watch youtube, I didn't know that flour are supposed to be pronouce as flower, where when I first read it, I would pronounce it as fluer/flor.

Yes. Vietnamese dialects are pretty similar anyway, apart from some Central dialects.

Former colonial government

Some Negroes showed me French text and it's full of silent letters and bizarre chaining of words so it's not explicit.

French appeals to Muslims because half the French vocabulary is Arabic.

ᎪᏴᏨᎠᎬᎵᎶᎻᏗᎫᏦᏞᎷᏂᏅᎮᏩᎡᎦᎢᏌᏙᎳᏔᎩᏃ
Why would someone "invent" this set of alphabet?

To avoid pronouncing 20 different sounds per vowel depending on the surrounding letters like """"""""""""""""""your"""""""""""""""" retarded language.

And why ł

you can't pronounce trwa?

>Hungary
>muslim

So American of you

I have a hard time putting the r in, it usually comes out as twa

your french is pretty good

Try to pronounce it as a medieval by rolling soundly the r, then shift it

I'd give a solid 7.5/10, it's totally understandable.

ɒnJsli ɛvɹiwan ʃəd dʒast ɹaJt in aJ pi eJ

Hebrew influence

Thanks but I still can't write it very well at all, that's my next area of improvement

Good advice

vocaroo.com/i/s0x0R3aOZlZZ

How do you manage to learn genders? Does it make any sense to you or you just learn it by heart?

>and it's full of silent letters and bizarre chaining of words so it's not explicit.
Except it is, you mongloid.
In French, if you have "eaux", it's pronounced "oh". Yeah, it may seem silly, but it's always the same. When you see eaux, you pronounce it Oh. That's the definition of explicit. "fully and clearly expressed, leaves nothing implied".
In English, to get back to his example, you have flour pronounced like flower. But you have tour pronounced completely different. It's not explicit at all, it's completely random. There's no point to the letter combination, you might as well write it "flea" and claim it's pronounced like "flower" because it's so fucking random.

Yep, English grammar is the most retarded out there.

I know most of the more common nouns (chairs, the sun, etc) but for the more uncommon words the only way I can guess is if there's an e or ion at the end, that means the word is usually feminine and most others are masculine. It's impossible to speak French properly without knowing the genders, definitely one of the harder parts of the language

It's not retarded, it's just pragmatic and easy to learn. That's probably why English "won" against French.

>forgetting œ and fucking ç

>I is toi
This must have really confused the French

It's them Latins and Christians fault.
Germanic languages a perfectly suited script the "futhark" .
But the Christians forced the Latin script and Christian beliefs onto the people.
So we had to forge ways to keep our language written on paper as it's spoken, as Latin-script doesn't provide a sufficient range of sounds.

TL;DR accents are about dealing with the insufficiencies that come with Latin and would have never occurred with futhark.

not really, in french it was used to drastically simply spelling, for exemple ê in old french was always es like fenêtre/fenestre and the later is still used in derivates od fenêtre like défenestrer (throwing out of a window)or forestier (belonging to a forêt)

I too naïve to go to the café.

Anglos regularly write it as naive and cafe because we can't be fucked putting the umlaut and accent in

But naïve and café are the official spelling, correct?

but without ï naive is pronounced nèv

Firefox autocomplete says I'm right

Too bad, we make our own rules

They are not the same, French "toi" is pronounced like "toa" in Vietnamese.

It's interchangeable.

But that's how it's pronounced in French too...?

ok, we learned the spelling with the umlaut in school.

It was a joke

Regards, jokefrog

#1) It won because your empire stopped to exist, while Anglo empirialism still continues.

#2) English is pretty easy spoken, because it's basically a Frisian Creol and not a full fledged language.

It would be sooo much better if only they would switch to explicit rules of writting and spelling. It can't be so hard. Only the gods know why they continue to fuck in comming up with a solution to their shitzoid spelling.

England lost her overseas colonies at around the same time the French did though, India (the most important) was nearly a decade before Algeria and Indochina

>umlaut
It's a tréma

One thing is difficult for me in English, it's the "double negative". Since it's absolutely forbidden in French and common in English, it always triggers me a lot. For example: "We don’t need no education".

England is not all Anglo countries.
Do you remember that dirty fat cousin of yours?
Outside Commonwealth-Mannor this guy is a mover and shaker...

it was cuz of murika, you retards, the british like the french didnt matter

Sometimes you have texts that wouldn't be easily understandable if they were all written with standard letters only

POIS
PAKKORUOTSI

You french guys cultivate the double negative as well.
You just claim it's meant to be a parentheses.
But it's realy a double negative....everytime.
it sucks.
And you have other fucked up rules. like adjectives....some are to put behind the noun some in-front of the noun... Why? It sucks!

we don't need any* education
le "no éducation" est une faute, et très probablement faite exprès pour la chanson (surtout que "any" ne passait pas)

We don't need no education isn't a proper English sentence though

>You french guys cultivate the double negative as well.
>You just claim it's meant to be a parentheses.
>But it's realy a double negative....everytime.
back up those claims please

also when you don't know, always put the adjective behind the word.
an adjective used in front of a word is mostly to emphasize (un rare artéfact >= un artéfact rare)

I don't know, nothing.
Je ne sais rien....
double negatives all the time

>"eaux", it's pronounced "oh".
Four letters to pronounce one sound? That's inexplicit. What's the purpose of x? Nevermind. French is a nigger language.

It would make very little sense for people who speak a language other than Latin to use a completely unmodified Latin script. You'd end up with something like English, where the spelling and the pronunciation at times have only the loosest of correlation.

Am I allowed to use double negative or is it a mistake?

>In French, if you have "eaux", it's pronounced "å".
ftfy

>one sound
That's obviously two sounds - ou

Even the French get it.

so you want to go back to writing in runes basically?

"I don't know, nothing." is "Je ne sais pas, rien." which is different from "je ne sais rien" ("I don't know nothing"). It's the "pas" who's important here.

>tfw need ä and ö
>don't even use c, x, z ,q, å or w at all, and b and f are also rare
We could use a new alphabet sure

This, thanks Pierre.

"Je ne sais pas rien" is a huge mistake.

surtout pas, double négation en français = double négation en anglais
"we don't need no education" = we need education

our negation works by adding "ne ... pas"
je ne vais pas "I do not go"
here, the "rien" replaces the "pas"
je ne mange pas de pain = I do not eat (any) bread

youtube.com/watch?v=YR5ApYxkU-U

only in british songs from 50 years ago

In German it's bad style.

Code also

if (!b != true)
>>"I suck in logic"

Real code I stumbled upon debugging while the creater of this misscreant of code was vacationing.

OK thanks.

Why does Ł exist?

>start a shitpost
>it's finally a comfy thread

Feels good desu.

No, it's one sound made with your lips rounded, tongue touching teeth and a finger up your ass.

"we don't need no" sounds like Southern patois

double negative is common amongst Celtic languages iirc, and American South was mostly settled from Celtic parts of the worlds, might be an explanation

I thought serbo-croatian speakers used it all the time

so you can Łick my balls

vocaroo.com/i/s0t3hyQ8tAK5

"ne" is a negative
"rien"/"pas" is a negative
you just claim it's a parantheses but it's realy double negatives.
Ask any one comming from a Germanic language learning French. your negative feels pretty much like an institutionalized double negative.

>Je sais rien.
No information lost!

so you can wick my balls ?
kinky pêh

"ne ... pas" is THE negative, they never work alone

Poles told me it is something in between l and w (not polish w which is v, but actual w) sounds