If you like this album in 2016, you're a garbage person that follows the opinion of critics over your own opinion

If you like this album in 2016, you're a garbage person that follows the opinion of critics over your own opinion.

why do you think that?

why do you think that?

But I am a critic

why do you think that?

I'm going to listen it rn

wtf I hate it now

why do you think that?

what about if you liked this album in 2000

Most critics didn't give it love till retrospectively though.

Not only that, I think it's a cool album because its flaws are part of what make it work and is such a cool listen today as opposed to many other albums that are considered innovator albums where the flaws just make it sound dated instead. It's quite the primitive listen with primitive sounding vocals, primitive electronic sounds and primitive drum machines.

That's a little bit better.

i still like it in 2016 though dork

That's still okay.

I still don't understand the appeal of this album, or why it's so heavily praised. Definitely another case of influential =/= good

i think they are one of a rare few bands that came out of nowhere doing a sound that was 100% their own and almost completely without precedent.

silver apples and neu are really the only other two bands that immediately spring to mind as being sui generis like this

if you can't put this album in context and appreciate it for that, regardless of the year, you are a dolt

I thought this was the suicide squad soundtrack and I was so confused

this is true, but I think it's also a good album that stands on its own

>another case
>he keeps encountering 'cases'

I wonder what you listen to.

this wasn't supposed to be a meme, it was a genuine question faggots

but what if I liked it before I read any reviews of it

If you're seriously implying that influential = good, you've basically just outed yourself as a poseur drone.

What do you believe defines a musical work as 'good'?

Okay, critic.

On point desu

Fuck this garbage album

easy response: "second album is better"

(it is)

Technically, anything that is pleasing to your ears in a subjective way. But in this context when an album is being lauded as classic and essential, it has to be good in the objective sense, In the way that even if you don't personally care for the music you can still appreciate the arrangements and production. I just don't get that from Suicide at all.

but I listened to this for the first time and liked it in 2016 before he died, user

Maybe other people really do enjoy it. And it's just you that doesn't? It still sounds fresh to me, I didn't know about it's influence when I first listened and I immediately loved it.

omg is that like suicide silence

johnny is literally donkey kong music

Well i'm happy for you, i'm just sayin I don't understand the appeal

So what is some music that takes what suicide were doing and did it way better? I mean that's what you people are implying right? That this is outdated garbage that was only relevant before it was reformulated?

There is no such thing as an objective sense in art (or anything for that matter)

it is now

WILD IN BLUEEED

now this had me laffin m8