This kills the teen prog fan

This kills the teen prog fan

I feel like I know most of the stupid memes here, but someone please explain to me who the fuck this is, and why he kills fans of certain genres?

one of the gods of Sup Forums

That guy (Chirstgau) LITERALLY killed prog fans back in the 70s.

He's in Jail now

>likes Nicki Minaj and shitty pop punk
Lol

he's a critic that dislikes prog

that's all

why did his rating scale never make sense

He has the most liberal use of the word "pretentious" of any critic.

Based Christ God slaying the prog fags.

Some stupid fag who wishes he was on scruffi's level

Check out his animal collective and Soulja boy reviews for a hoot

holy shit he fucking called it

He's a legendary rock reviewer who is hated by Sup Forums because of his no-bullshit writing style and the fact that he judges albums solely based on how much he enjoyed them rather than highly rating music because it fits his preconceived notions of "artistic value" and "experimentalism".

>He's a person with an opinion that some people disagree with

>not liking Nicky Minaj and pop-punk
Kill yourself you poser pleb

stay trigger scaruffcuck

You're a nobody, it doesn't matter what you think, ever consider that?

Same goes for you.

He's right about Soulja Boy tho
Soulja Boy is criminally underrated and one of the most influential rappers of the 2000's behind Kanye West, Lil Wayne, and Gucci Mane. Internet-rap is all down to him and his very un-street persona is really what made him so hated in rap circles
And his music is pretty catchy

You're right, now you understand the position christgay is in. He's a nobody compared to scaruffi

>the Dean of Rock Critics is a nobody compared to an autistic pretentious Italian pedophile who keeps a list of his friends on his own personal "knowledge base" website

And that's how I know you're a pleb

By your own thinking, pitchfork is better than both

scaruffi's a horrible writer, at least christgau's trainwreck reviews are entertaining. someone else's scores mean nothing, it's their explanation behind the ratings that hold value. if you wanna go by fame and respect, christgau wins by a long shot anyway.

the only reviewer I actually respect is Lester Bangs, since he's a decent and entertaining writer, and he doesn't bother giving things A+s, bombs, and 6.5s. try reading the astral weeks review and then look at scaruffi's pitiful take on that album

scaruffi's reviews have been translated from italian

>christgau attended the Artists' Space no wave show
>i was decades from being born

he barely writes anything even for the albums he loves. he might write a sentence or two at most for "notable" works (7s). besides, if you can't read italian, what good do the original reviews do? keep defending the person you drone since you have absolutely no taste of your own. there's nothing wrong with reading lists (scaruffi has some awesome ones for a variety of genres), but it's pathetic to let one single person's index of personal enjoyment directly influence what you listen to.

He also gave A Taste of DNA an A so he's far from a pleb who just doesn't understand experimental music. He just knows that experimental != good

>old fruit who focuses on lyrics too much and uses five-dollar words
lmao

>lyrics aren't important in pop music!!1
Get off my board poser

i just laughed so much at this user