What headphones do you use, user? What genres do you mostly use them with?

What headphones do you use, user? What genres do you mostly use them with?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RTXegisJNqQ
massdrop.com/buy/smsl-sd-793ii-dac-amp
massdrop.com/buy/fire-s-audio-redkey-usb-coaxial-adapter
massdrop.com/buy/venture-electronics-monk-plus-earbud
amazon.com/dp/B00LP3AMC2/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=HXDUXCIQ90PY&coliid=I1OLAK00S36Y0J
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i actually use those, only in black. They're great IMO.

Those exact ones.

I listen to everything :^)

So are these officially the new memephones?

They've always been popular here.

These cats.
Hip-Hop mostly.
But a lot of other stuff in reality.

I produce my stuff with them too.

no complaints with these so far (for the past 4 years)

I also have the black special editions. Best audio related purchase I've done.

why is everything popular a meme

>beyersremorse

i listen to allot of live electronic music. like this
youtube.com/watch?v=RTXegisJNqQ
the reason why i bought them is because they have exceptional skills at picking up low frequency bass that is only heard and fealt at live music. also i listen to people live steve ray vaughen and the kick it dileveres from the drums is amazing. also amazing vocals + a bonus feature of BT- so yeah there a awesome allrounder/ commuter but i want to get some open back headphones for movies and vidya games

HD800

all of the genres

there studio headphones why in the fuck would you buy those?

Sennhesier 429s

want to upgrade but i'm too cheap

what are these?

Sennheiser hd598. Great cans

sennheiser hd598

I'm not seeing your reasoning here, why wouldn't he? Most of the headphones posted in these threads are studio headphones.

Hip-Hop mostly
R&B
Whatever sounds interesting
I'd like some that wouldn't look too bulky so I can wear them out.

I wear these when I ride the bike around and they smell like AIDS, I love it.

>why in the fuck would you buy headphones intended to accurately produce music the way it is supposed to sound

M100s - Mostly electronic, rap, all kinds of contemporary music

But I plan on getting Philips X2s for open backs and using these as just portables

apple earbuds

not even memeing

because people posting here have completely lost their grip on the real world

mine broke down
now i have cheap six dollar shitty earbuds
kill me

i wanted to get some bose, but i was called a fgt bcz of it (i remember one post said bose were white man's beats)

Why the FUCK would anyone choose to use earbuds, especially when these exist.
No one has ever answered me this.

Why don't you just get KZ ATEs for 10 bucks or Panasonic ergo fits for $6?

Best budget ones on the market

And Bose is a shit btw

Beats that some kid let me buy off him for $20. Before that is was Apple earbuds.

Because they look retarded? And IEMs are better,senpai

you are retarded

As opposed to jamming something in your ear that plays like shit and gives you eardrums AIDS?

Are these good for producing music? I've been flip-flopping between these and DT770s. How's the bass?

shitty six dollar owner here
i dont like that kind of earplug.. like, i never know how to use them. am i supposed to rape my ear with them or just put them on.. if i just put them on they kinda fall off.. but i dont wanna rape my ear

>he thinks headphones aren't giving his eardrums AIDS

They just go over you ears, retard. Are you an elf?

>plays like shit

?
IEMs sound much better compared to earbuds and you get great noise isolation + greater portability

Some people don't like jamming shit in their ear canal, but if you don't mind, IEMs are just better than buds and your pic related

I've had 598s for almost 5 years now, they're beginning to fuck up. Can anyone who owns HD600s or a comparable open-back tell me how worth it would be to upgrade?

>on-ear
>ever

Seriously, its:
Custom IEM's >> Over-ear > Universal (Standard) IEM's >> Earbuds >>>> On-ear

i meant the plugs, nerd

wtf is iem

I use Senheiser Momentum, over ear. I like them, they sound good and are pretty comfortable. I listen to psychedelic rock/prog/kraut/jazz.

MDR-v6, I listen to all genres.

I'd buy those Senns if I had money and an amp

in ear monitor

i have these. pretty good
listen to reggae/indierock/freakfolk

elaborate pls.
newb here
whats the diff between iem and over ear or standard

>good for producing music
Don't know, but I will say they are great for casual listening. If you are only going to use them at home, you'd be better off getting an X2 for bass. But they are great for music with a fair amount of bass i.e EDM, hip hop, etc. Perfect headphones if you're a DJ or anything like that

The bass is definitely pronounced, but it does not really overpower the rest of the track. They even sound half decent when listening to other genres (classical, Jazz), but they really excel if the music is loud and has lots of bass. The bass is tight and fun, although the mid range is kind of subdued. These are not audiophile, neutral cans. Mainly for portability and casual listening

Build quality is the best. One of the best portables. Comfort is great as long as you get the XL pads. Fun for home listening, bass, but best for travel.

IEMs are basically high end "earbuds". You can order custom IEMs that are form fit to your ear and tailored to you specifically etc. Over ear are headphones that go over your ears. On ear are headphones where the cups rest on your ear not around them.

those

everything except country and rap

thanks, fair enoguh
but why do you feel some are superrior to others??

IEM - go in your ear canal, sound better
Earbuds - shit
Over ear - they enclose your ear. Some are open back, some closed back (open lets more sound escape for more soundstage)
On Ear - They rest on your ear

Open back headphones will give you the best sound overall

how does an open back sound better than an IEM?

tx
again, im a newb just researchign because i wanna treat myself to some head phones
i wanna be able to listen clearly all the different instruments

AKG K7xxs. I use them with a schiit modi and magni.

I like mostly electronic and ambient music, but post rock and other experimental rocks are really good too.

they have a wider sound stage, making it sound like the sounds are entering your ear from the room around you and not just from a speaker right next to your ear.

Open back lets more sound out due to its design, which gives the sound an "airy" feel and more transparency. You can really hear much more detail and the layers of instruments. The music sounds like its around you rather than in your head I guess

But all the sound gets leaked out so everyone can hear, they are (usually) expensive, but there are some good cheap options too you can easily buy, and they are bretty chunky. Only for home use.

I'm eyeing a shiitstack myself, and have similar tastes in music with you. Would you say they are worth the price?

>i wanna be able to listen clearly all the different instruments

Then get SHP9500, AKG 240, AD700x, or maybe HD 558/598. All good around or less than $100

I have those but the cord is too long so I never use them

y-you can change the cord, user...

I think it depends on the headphones you have and if you plan on ever buying ones that need them. I feel like they were worth the price, but the K7xxs are pretty power hungry. Ive never really used any other amps before, so I couldn't tell you how different it sounds. Definitely better than on board sound though.

they've always been popular everywhere

saved

Just went and grabbed them, turns out you're right. This is a game changer.

I'm I'm just going mostly for comfort and sound reproduction accuracy. The sound quality varies greatly in their own categories (except maybe Custom IEM's, they must sound good since they're generally more expensive), but on average, thefirst 3 categories have typically high-end/endgame products as well as entry-level "good bang for your buck" ones. I've never seen audiophile earbuds and on-ears and the latter, at least to me, are very uncomfortable.

Mine came in the mail today
I plan to drive it with massdrop.com/buy/smsl-sd-793ii-dac-amp

And
massdrop.com/buy/fire-s-audio-redkey-usb-coaxial-adapter

So I can use the coaxial instead of the optical

Opinions, anyone?

I'm using these currently, I have the cords with the iphone controller and without.

I really like them, great for daily listening and they're decent when making music. I just like these for the versatility factor. They are quite comfortable.

I listen to so many different genres -- hip hop, r&b, electronic, shoegaze, etc.

same :-)
598's are the best
headphonebros

Vmoda XS on the go becuase they're so damn portable, durable and sound great for a basshead like myself, and Fidelio X2's when I'm at home. Highly reccomend both for anyone that listens to modern music first and foremost, but they both can do everything just great. Not considering upgrading either any time soon. Even after owning M100s the X2s blew me away.

this is a sin i know but i use this shit because i can't stop fucking. breaking them. like an absolute asshole. and i'm not spending more than $10 on earbuds when i have to replace them every god damn 8 weeks

they work ok though i listen mostly to a lot of dark/new wave and progressive house

If you spent more than a tenner they'd last longer than 8 weeks.
You're stuck in a vicious circle senpai

i got sony´s DJ headset MDR-v150 and mainly use them with japanese funk, rock EP´s, EDM and when i´m creating music myself
it´s okay set up but i´d kinda wanna get stuff that has deeper elements and more in-depth details and more bass
ps. koss porta pro´s break super fast

>and i'm not spending more than $10 on earbuds

Then get KZ ATEs or Ergo fits

Sennheiser HD 558s. I don't listen to a specific genre more than any other specific genre desu.

What's with all the 598 love?
I love them but it seems like a lot of anons have them. Did you guys get them on Black Friday last year? They were $100, pissed because I got mine for $200.
Also they are probably the comfiest headphones ever.

These, the non-x version though. Bossa nova, instrumental hip hop, psychedelic rock, future funk. Overall really satisfied with them.

Also have a pair of MDR-v6's but whatever's on the earpads is cheap as fuck and started falling off barely a year after I got them. Prefer the bassy sound of the M50's anyway.

My first pair of headphones was the Grado SR-60's. They were absolutely perfect for rock, but felt inadequate for more electronic-based music. Then I got Koss PortaPros. Liked those for a while. Tried out the v6's, then I got the M50's and have been using them ever since. Use them with a Fiio E10k, though I'd like to upgrade to a Schiit stack sometime.

I got mine for 100 CAD, or about 80 USD, on Amazon Prime Day
Basically hype + affordability + standout = initial adoption by many = more recommendations = more sales = "meme phone"

massdrop.com/buy/venture-electronics-monk-plus-earbud

these, mostly hip hop

$80 on prime day? Goddamnit, I'm happy I got them but it pisses me off knowing if I had just waited I could have saved so much more money.
Is it worth upgrading from the 598's? I want to get some of Senns better headphones but I am afraid none can reach the comfyness of the 598's.

>beyerdynamic DT880 break
>start using some $10 Phillips in ear
>they don't actually sound bad at all

ayy

i got them for nearly 300 when they came out..

fug

Same here

xxBEATS_BY_DOCTOR_DRExx

Recommendations for symphonic/folk metal listening?

those for everything

before I had these(denon ah-d1100) and desu I preferred the sound of these, but the headband quality is total shit, it breaks very quickly

Jesus is that full plastic?

yes

this part lasted less than 2 months

shame because the sound is great

I currently have 598se, and they sound great, but I'd like to know what are some good closed back headphones? I'd like to be able to take around the sound of quality wherever I go.

jokes on you i've purchased $40+ headphones multiple times and they never last as long as these

Cheap Sony's
They function perfectly fine, been using them for the past ten years.

I have a pair of HD555s that are pretty much on their last legs.
I've been thinking about getting HD598s, but HD558s are only like $100
Should I just get 598s or get the 558's?
I've heard they have the same drivers and only build quality is different

Even though they use the same drivers they are built differently. You can mod the 558s to sound like the 598s but it's a lot of work from what I can tell.

are you talking about the foam mod? I've done it on my hd555s. It's not hard work.

Probably
You also don't get sick wood burl options
Unless you're a pleb and think they are ugly

>You also don't get sick wood burl options
>Unless you're a pleb and think they are ugly
I don't really care for aesthetic when it comes to headphones to be honest. All I care about is that they're comfortable, sturdy and sound good.

I have those exact ones with a decent amplifier for the lows and they sound amazing! amazon.com/dp/B00LP3AMC2/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=HXDUXCIQ90PY&coliid=I1OLAK00S36Y0J

Nice referral code you hack

Shure se215

I really want these, with the sole intention of producing. Good cop? Apparently the mids and highs can sound too sharp, and I can't get the chance to listen to them before buying them.